Menu

Michelle Obama In Cushnie et Ochs – 2017 ESPYS

Michelle Obama canny knack of sending shivers down my spine continued at the 2017 ESPYS on Wednesday (July 12).

Naturally I would’ve loved this sleek look more had she opted for this Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2017 dress with the embellishments, yet I still have a fond affiliation with this minimally cut, clean and contemporary design.

Hearts on Fire diamond stackable rings, Jennifer Fisher earrings and patent pumps round out a look worthy of a modern first lady.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sophie Turner In Louis Vuitton - ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Premiere

Sophie Turner In Louis Vuitton – ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Premiere

Azzedine Alaia Fall 2017 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Azzedine Alaia Fall 2017 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

22 Responses to Michelle Obama In Cushnie et Ochs – 2017 ESPYS

1. Giada July 14, 2017 at 10:59 #

A really lovely look. The shoes match perfectly with her dress!

2. JHH July 13, 2017 at 20:01 #

She looks fantastic. I love everything about this especially how she got rid of the spangled part and closed up the neckline. Baby, welcome back. Please don’t go away again.

3. Maria F. July 13, 2017 at 15:59 #

i like it. Very modern and sleek. Styling especially hair and shoes are perfect for it.

4. moonbeam July 13, 2017 at 15:19 #

LOVED THIS! My BDOTW so far.

Question: for women with a larger bust, what kind of bra would you wear with this type of dress? The cut outs expose the shoulders and dip low into the cleavage so it seems like both a regular bra and a strapless bra wouldn’t work.

• VizualNinja July 14, 2017 at 00:34 #

U shaped plunge bras would work well with a look like this but I think only smaller chested women could get away with the runway version of this dress..whomp!

• moonbeam July 14, 2017 at 18:53 #

thank you!

5. Caroline July 13, 2017 at 15:08 #

Elegant.

6. Pheephee July 13, 2017 at 15:07 #

I like the shoes. I find the dress rather dull and not especially flattering. All round blah.

7. Jerusa Herrera July 13, 2017 at 13:37 #

Missed her so much!!!!!!! LOVED IT! Especially the shoes, can we talk about the shoes? Awesome and they compliment the dress so well, the hair, oh, she looks so fresh and modern.

8. Kay July 13, 2017 at 12:37 #

Baby come back… :'(

She looks fantastic as per usual. I love the little touch of color via the yellow nails. Just naturally gorgeous, Melania could never.

• LeeAnn July 13, 2017 at 22:38 #

Melania looks stunning in red Dior . They are both attractive women let’s just keep politics out of it .

• Kay July 13, 2017 at 23:00 #

Politics aside, I still prefer Michelle’s style. While I agree that Melania did look good in the red Dior suit today, her style overall is very stereotypical trophy wife, plus one. Obviously I’m not expecting these grand fashion moments considering her job as first lady, but with her it’s always a pointed pump, cinched at the waist and/or belted, in a generic color, and sheath style. It’s “predictably pretty”.

• LeeAnn July 14, 2017 at 01:36 #

I think it’s more NYC upper east side classic .

• Kathy July 14, 2017 at 08:01 #

I’m pretty sure you can prefer one woman’s style over another on the basis of personal taste alone…so who’s really bringing politics into things?

• CreoleLady July 14, 2017 at 11:02 #

Exactly. It would be natural to compare a former first lady’s style with her immediate successor. Just like it is natural that some people compare a duchess with other royalty — incessantly. Seems to me the suggestion to “keep politics out of it” carries more than a whiff of projection. Par for the course in certain circles, but let me stop there lest I be accused of not keeping politics out of it.

• Lee Ann July 14, 2017 at 18:52 #

No projection. It’s was the comment Melanie could never which to me was based on politics because as a model Melanie always can

• Kay July 14, 2017 at 20:48 #

LOL, there you go projecting again. This is a fashion site. Even in my response I gave my reasoning for as to why I didn’t care for Melania’s STYLE. Try not to attach your personal assumptions to another person’s opinion in the future. 😉

• justme July 14, 2017 at 15:52 #

Thank you! I was confused, noone brought up politics lol. I actually feel like posters on this site make a conscious effort to not go there.

9. CreoleLady July 13, 2017 at 12:17 #

Wow. Fresh and fabulous. A woman of substance and style.

10. james July 13, 2017 at 11:58 #

I miss her so much and her fashion! She looks great as usual. Melania Trump dresses nicely too but she is a bit safe for me. MO on the other hand, I could go on and on 🙂

11. kane July 13, 2017 at 11:33 #

I love the shoe choice to match the neckline. I don’t quite love it on the whole.

12. SilentVisitor July 13, 2017 at 11:31 #

I love this look; She looks so poised, collected, in control and powerful

She is my BDOTW so far