Menu

13.07.17

Chanel Dinner Celebrating Lucia Pica & The Travel Diary Makeup Collection

Chanel-clad beauties came out for the Chanel dinner celebrating the brand’s global creative makeup and color designer Lucia Pica and the new Travel Diary Makeup Collection in Santa Monica, California on Wednesday (July 12).

Rowan Blanchard: There would be no question that the young starlet set out to have some fun with her youthful Chanel Fall 2017 outfit featuring a ‘Gabrielle Chanel’ tee and high-waist navy pinstripe trousers paired with bold-red Chanel toe-cap booties. Chanel’s ‘Gabrielle’ bag, Chanel Fine Jewelry ‘Coco Crush’ earrings, and the Chanel ‘Boy.Friend’ watch rounded her creatively inspired look. But none was more creative than the liberties taken with her Crayola-inspired, multi-colour eye shadow hues.

Yara Shahidi: While Yara often favours long-sleeve long dresses, she brought that same aesthetic to this Chanel Fall 2017 ruffle blouse and faded, boyfriend denim that she imbued with her signature cool flair. I love the cheekiness of the double Cs washed into the ’90s-inspired jeans as well as the polish of Yara’s styling including the Chanel booties, a Chanel bag, and Chanel Fine Jewelry ‘Coco Crush’ ear cuff and rings.

Sarah Staudinger: Also in Chanel, naturally, Sarah wore pastel separates mixed with a bubblegum-pink bag and granny-chic shoes—not to mention oversized hoop earrings. I’m not exactly sure what she was going for, but I couldn’t find much rhyme or reason to her quirky entrance.

Amber Valletta: I love that her braided ’do brought a more lighthearted twist to the subdued monochromatic suiting of this top-to-toe Chanel look. It did leave me wishing for a different shoe, as a simple heel would have brought an aspect of feminine allure.

Lucia Pica: As the guest of honour, Lucia was the epitome of understated glamour in a feminine Chanel black lace frock balanced by the menswear lines of a white oversized coat.

Clara McGregor: Ewan McGregor’s model daughter won my vote for the cool-girl look that was absent of any try-hard vibes. I loved her Chanel Fall 2017 iridescent silver wool dress paired with the electric-blue version of the Chanel boots along with Chanel’s ‘Gabrielle’ silver bag.

What did you make of these Chanel statements?

Credit: AKM-GSI

Victoria Justice In Sergio Hudson - The Grand Opening Of The Highlight Room At DREAM

Victoria Justice In Sergio Hudson – The Grand Opening Of The Highlight Room At DREAM

Alessandra Ambrosio's Ermanno Scervino Macramé Lace & Lycra One Piece Swimsuit

Alessandra Ambrosio’s Ermanno Scervino Macramé Lace & Lycra One Piece Swimsuit

12 Responses to Chanel Dinner Celebrating Lucia Pica & The Travel Diary Makeup Collection

1. Noemi July 14, 2017 at 10:39 #

I love Rowan Blanchard’s Gabrielle Chanel t-shirt! Oh my gosh, I want it!
    I love Clara McGregor, she’s my favorite one, here. Young and cool.
    Lucia Pica looks good, too. Very chic and feminine.

2. Maria F. July 14, 2017 at 09:13 #

do not care much for any of these looks, even Yara who i normally adore.

Most of them look like they are for October/November.

3. Raquel July 14, 2017 at 05:44 #

Rowan: the best look and I nice way to style those hideous boots. The purse is wrong, the make up is fab.

Yara: I like the look, it is something wearable, but I feel like the blouse and the jeans are to big for her. Maybe she should have gone a size down?

Sarah: It is not the shoes that scream ‘granny’ to me, but the pants. Those are very unflattering. The make up is gorgeous.

Amber: very unfortunate choice. It shapeless, outdated and makes her look frumpy.

Lucia: I would love to see the dress without that version of a lab coat, but since she is the guest honor, I’m going to say it is ok.

Claire: It took me a good few minutes to realize what I dislike about this, and it is the hair. It is too casual for the look to stand out.

4. kane July 13, 2017 at 23:10 #

I desperately want to like Yara and Rowan, but I just can’t quite.

5. Pheephee July 13, 2017 at 22:31 #

Oi. These are all bad looks. Rowan needs not to wear those kind of pants. They shorten her tremendously and throw her proportions off. These are all no’s though.

6. Caroline July 13, 2017 at 21:13 #

Clara is my favorite here.

7. JHH July 13, 2017 at 20:16 #

The best of these is Rowan and that look is not great.

8. meme July 13, 2017 at 19:21 #

oh no another celebuspawn non model model.

9. Marie July 13, 2017 at 18:59 #

Don’t fancy any of them, really, but Rowan definitely gets kudos for creativity & effort. She looks best here.

10. Chris July 13, 2017 at 18:59 #

I really like Rowan of the bunch.

11. Nicole July 13, 2017 at 17:58 #

What I love the most about Rowan Blanchard’s look is that she copied the make-up look used on the lastest Haute Couture show from Chanel.

12. Hermoine July 13, 2017 at 17:54 #

Lucia’s coat looks like a doctor’s coat