Menu

11.07.17 Sidewalk Style

Daily (Celine) Dion’s Street Style Looks

Celine Dion has served up no shortage of street-style looks for us to gaze upon, as she continues to take Paris by storm. While she is normally on her fashion game, a few recent looks have called into question her sartorial judgment—and that trend only continued over this past week with some head-scratching statements in the mix as well as a few standouts to remind us how she does off-duty style best.

July 4: Because the singer is not one to buck a trend, she would not leave the pyjama party to only Gigi Hadid. This Louis Vuitton x Supreme two-piece ensemble was the epitome of luxe loungewear when styled with her embellished shades and stilettos. She did wear the look with supremely effortlessness, even if it will be translated as glorified PJs.

July 5: She brought a bit of Asian persuasion to her next look with this Reem Acra Fall 2017 floral-print dress informed by the silhouette of a geisha robe and an obi sash. I love her choice of the embellished Gucci bag and velvet-green heels to finish the look in smartly high style.

July 6: With another pair of statement shades here, this look was all about the celebration of that which is oversized. Perhaps in theory, this would be fine. But, the Dice Kayek Pre-Fall 2017 top with its exploded sleeves and gigantic bow had a sort of avant-garde clownish tinge to it. The high-waist Celine trousers weren’t particularly flattering either. A Celine Collection bag rounded out the look, in which the classic black-and-white colour palette somewhat saved it a bit.

July 7: Back to her comfort zone of a more traditional diva look, she rocked a Saint Laurent studded jacket with skinny jeans—all in the service of showing off those Saint Laurent silver boots that were made for the stage but certainly brought plenty of glitz to the sidewalk. Her sleek hair did bring an automatic sophistication to the look.

July 8: This Dsquared2 Spring 2017 conglomeration of an outfit conjured another awkwardly overcooked look we saw from Celine recently. While I prefer the excessiveness of this one better, it still was a bit much with the shrunken jacket and lavender bow-topped, puff shoulders, in combination with the bleached jeans, embellished sunnies, and earrings.

July 9: One of the most unforced looks of the bunch, this Bibhu Mohapatra Fall 2017 ensemble successfully balanced the directional lines of the cutaway, burnt-orange top with the beautiful, gilded embroidery of the pencil skirt. I love the effect of its statement-making panache that it created on Celine.

July 10
: Back to a more rock-star-forward aesthetic, Celine donned a Saint Laurent Spring 2017 ensemble that featured a leather corset-style top with denim and lace-up booties. I like it from the waist up, especially. But the tight, tucked-in jeans and boots really compromised any merit of tough chicness for the rest of the look.

Rita Ora In Vivienne Westwood Couture - Cartier London Event

Rita Ora In Vivienne Westwood Couture – Cartier London Event

Pippa Middleton In Tephi - Wimbledon Tennis Championships Day 7

Pippa Middleton In Tephi – Wimbledon Tennis Championships Day 7

20 Responses to Daily (Celine) Dion’s Street Style Looks

1. Noemi July 12, 2017 at 09:29 #

If someone told me that one day Celine Dion’s style would have become so interesting I would have laughed, a lot. She totally owns every look and she looks great in the pyjama and in Saint Laurent. Ah those boots…
    She’s having fun and it shows, so good for her and for us!

• Payal July 12, 2017 at 13:03 #

Couldn’t agree more!!😊😊

2. Nadine Hughey July 11, 2017 at 22:42 #

LOVE the Reem Acra on July fifth, such beautiful colors.

3. Pheephee July 11, 2017 at 22:41 #

What is she doing in Paris exactly? And for so long?
    Not that Im complaining! I love seeing all these many different looks. Its exciting and interesting. I wish we got to see this more often from other certain classy celebrities like her.
    I love July 5, 7 n 9 the most. Splendid!

• Sophie July 12, 2017 at 15:35 #

She’s touring Europe. Many dates in France, which is why she’s based in Paris. I do suspect her of making her European tours coincide with fashion week.

• Pheephee July 12, 2017 at 23:21 #

Thanx Sophie!

4. Chris July 11, 2017 at 20:06 #

I love the Saint Laurent from July 7th!
    Overall, these seem a bit all over the place; she has been working with the same stylist as Zendaya lately and her style has a similar issue of… well, lacking any sort of coherent style identity (and also, lacking effortlessness)? If that makes sense. But, just like Zendaya, she has fun with fashion and the looks are interesting, so I don’t really mind.

5. JHH July 11, 2017 at 19:12 #

July 4: I don’t care if it is LV — Don’t wear your pajamas out of the house. Leave silly trends like that to silly people like Gigi Hadid.
    July 5: Nice; this is how I want to see Celine Dion
    July 6: Collectively unflattering but separately the pieces are great, especially the blouse
    July 7: Okay but no matter what those boots are the epitome of try hard/fashion victim to me
    July 8: Comically overdone – No!
    July 9: Very elegant and what I want to see from CD.
    July 10: Great fit and a nice rock and roll look. CD is not a rocker but she has the look down here.

By the way, am the only one overwhelmed by her sunglasses game and the amount of luggage that she must have had hauled to France (assuming she owns these outfits). I think I would faint if I ever saw her closet.

• Leandra July 11, 2017 at 19:28 #

She owns all the stuff. Designers always praised her for being one of a few who buys everything she wears.

6. Caroline July 11, 2017 at 17:24 #

What a wonderful woman!

7. Christine July 11, 2017 at 17:21 #

Her street style can be all over the place. I like her last look

8. Nat39 July 11, 2017 at 16:57 #

Oh, I actually like that on-trend blouse with the bow teamed with the black pants, nothing clownish, she owns it (3rd look, July 6). The 2nd dress with green sandals is very nice.

9. meme July 11, 2017 at 16:47 #

newp.

10. alvarospain July 11, 2017 at 16:40 #

Some of these looks are way too forced, not her style! My fav is number 2.

11. Leandra July 11, 2017 at 16:36 #

LOVE both looks. She is having so much ( well deserved) fun with fashion.

• Leandra July 11, 2017 at 16:37 #

*meant ALL looks

• Nat39 July 11, 2017 at 17:01 #

I like quite a few too, I’m getting a slight vibe of over-critique here :))

• Leandra July 11, 2017 at 17:23 #

Over critique from me ? or from the blog ? Agree about it. Sometimes you just wanna have fun, you aren’t really interested on following the sacred rules of styling or sometimes you want to break ( at least momentarily) the rules.
        PS : I dont mean you YOU i mean a generic you . By the way, what is your gender ? Every time I read your comments I wonder on it.

• Nat39 July 11, 2017 at 17:31 #

From the post:) I’m agreeing with you here.
          And I’m a woman, interesting what made you wonder :))

• ayatlaw July 13, 2017 at 13:32 #

Agreed. I love them all as well. This is haute couture—every critique is not always accurate; after all they are opinions. Celine is serving up fashion with confidence and attitude. I want more!