Menu

04.07.17

Christian Dior Celebrates 70 Years of Creation

Monday (July 3) was quite the celebratory day for Christian Dior, as the label not only presented its Fall 2017 Couture collection during Paris Fashion Week but also feted 70 years of creation with the launch of the ‘Christian Dior, couturier du rêve’ exhibition at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs. Naturally, there were a bevy of beauties in attendance—some donning their second Dior look of the day after attending the Fall 2017 show.

Jennifer Lawrence: The actress flaunted an impossibly cool look earlier in the day and went from strength to strength in a very different, yet still daring Christian Dior Resort 2018 sheer, embroidered fringe gown styled with the ubiquitous briefs along with Dior ‘Wildior” boots and Dior jewels for a nod to unconventional panache.

Robert Pattinson: The token male, Robert kept his suave mood going in monochromatic Dior Homme relaxed suiting that was nearly as dapper as his steely gaze.

Cara Delevingne: As far as I’m concerned, Cara can do no wrong as she flaunts her platinum buzz cut in powerful form, especially when clad in Christian Dior from top to toe. I love the movement of the plisse skirt here, which added a flirty femininity to the sexier bustier frock, with choker necklaces and over-the-knee boots contributing a rocker-forward spirit.

Angelababy: Sheer elegance was embodied in Angelababy’s head-to-toe Christian Dior entrance, with the wispy layers of her gown cut through with precise black piping. The romance continued with her jewels and pretty coral pout.

Bella Hadid: I love the way the Christian Dior logo bralette and briefs were presented in this head-to-toe designer look, as they were enveloped by a constellation of sparkling, embellished chiffon. It was glamorous while still holding true to Bella’s body-baring ways. A Dior ‘Diorama’ bag completed the look.

Karlie Kloss: Icy, platinum blondes clearly have more fun, as Karlie has clearly proven, especially with this Christian Dior look. Her ’do brings a whole new, slightly rebellious spunk to this black, plisse party dress finished with Dior accessories including sophisticated pumps and a style-forward choker.

Gemma Arterton: Schoolgirl charm fused with chic classiness in this Christian Dior frock, styled with Dior heels and handbag—plus a perfect red lip that brought it all together.

Natalie Portman
: At the Christian Dior Fall 2017 show, Natalie opted for a little black dress. Here, she played opposites in an LWD with this precious Christian Dior white lace frock that made a sweet statement. She paired it with a classic Dior black purse.

Felicity Jones
: As for Felicity, she kept her monochromatic black streak from earlier going strong in this Christian Dior lace dress, styled simply and minimally with a Dior clutch and sandals along with au naturel makeup.

Zhang Ziyi: There was a sense of sweet, storybook whimsy in this embroidered Christian Dior dress, to which Zhang added a spirited punch with her silver metallic Dior heels and corresponding Dior clutch and jewels.

Elizabeth Olsen: With a more laid-back approach, Elizabeth was effortlessly casual in a Christian Dior Resort 2018 number that didn’t take itself too seriously. I had to smile at the quirky, yoga-pose-printed pants. Namaste.

Carina Lau: Carina put an elegant foot forward in a top-to-toe Dior look, in which her velvet, cold-shoulder gown and statement earrings did not shirk any measure of traditional glamour.

Eva Herzigova: Embracing the western-inspired leanings that permeated the Christian Dior Resort 2018 collection, Eva put on her wide-brimmed hat and her cape-style coat to yield a look that oozed with frontier femininity.

Winnie Harlow: I was captivated by the fairy-tale appeal of this Christian Dior Spring 2017 gown that had all the unforced romantic fantasy one could wish for. It was simply mesmerizing.

With so many looks from which to choose, which struck your fancy?

Bella Hadid In Marcelo Burlon County of Milan & Topshop out in Paris

Bella Hadid In Marcelo Burlon County of Milan & Topshop out in Paris

Zendaya Coleman Front Row @ Ralph & Russo Fall 2017 Couture

Zendaya Coleman Front Row @ Ralph & Russo Fall 2017 Couture

23 Responses to Christian Dior Celebrates 70 Years of Creation

1. amy July 5, 2017 at 10:37 #

Angelabay is a delicate doll int that dress. lovely
    Cara pulls off her look with gusto. not for everyone
    Winnie’s dress is beautiful.

2. Amanda July 5, 2017 at 02:17 #

I think Cara, Karlie and Bella look great. If you look up the word uncomfortable in the dictionary I am guessing you would find Robert Pattinson’s picture and I quite frankly don’t think he looks that good. My main disappointment here is Elizabeth Olsen. She looks like she dropped by on her way back from a yoga class. She looks ridiculous and disrespectful (Eva looks ridiculous here too but at least she tried). Honestly wtf?

3. Nat39 July 4, 2017 at 23:56 #

Angelababy looks lovely.
    Robert no, the fit is way too baggy and unflattering on him. His Dior Homme outing was more successful.

• Nat39 July 4, 2017 at 23:59 #

..I meant his previous Christian Dior Front row look, which was done better.

4. Jerusa Herrera July 4, 2017 at 17:02 #

I dont like J Lawerence outfit at ALL! In fact is a WDOTY contender for me. Not a well dressed event IMO.

5. Caroline July 4, 2017 at 15:37 #

Love all of the looks here except for the 4th row.

• LeeAnn July 4, 2017 at 17:26 #

I laughed my head off at Jennifer. I used to attend these events and the paying clients always looked better than the Celebs who are kited out for free. But after a few years of poor client service and extremely high prices I am no longer a devoted client.

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 19:01 #

You should email complaining to the CEO as I did . Their feed back was amazing.

6. Christine July 4, 2017 at 13:51 #

Cara, Bella and Angelababy are my favorites.

7. Noemi July 4, 2017 at 13:03 #

Karlie, Gemma and Natalie are my favorite ones. They all look feminine and chic. Bella’s sunnies prevent me to like her outfit.

8. Dan July 4, 2017 at 11:48 #

Cara wins for me. She nails cool girl with a rock edge so easily

9. Maria F. July 4, 2017 at 10:25 #

i agree with most of the posters. Some outfits are okay, but Cara has definitely the most star appeal.

Elizabeth Olsen looks lost on her way to her back packing tour.

Jennifer’s granny knickers are horrible.

10. LeeAnn July 4, 2017 at 10:19 #

Did Eva lose s bet ? I think all the looks are fairly hideous. I started to lose my love for Dior when Raf got bored but it’s really gone down hill . She designs Italian sportswear not couture

11. May July 4, 2017 at 09:45 #

I actually love Bella’s look. The first time I’ve liked the see-through Dior/ underwear look.

• Chris July 4, 2017 at 10:05 #

I’m shocked to be typing this, but I agree. She looks pretty cool. The first time I like a ‘Dior underwear look’ and the first time I like one of Bella’s looks as well.

Besides her, I also love Cara here.

12. Draga July 4, 2017 at 09:17 #

The two platinum are just great. But Herzigova – I don´t understand…

13. Kathy July 4, 2017 at 08:26 #

I love Cara, Carina, and Winnie’s looks. Elizabeth is a tad underdressed, while Ziyi is overdressed. Jennifer looks the least convincing of the bunch. Not that Raf’s Dior was for her either, but Maria Grazia’s aesthetic is DEFINITELY not for her.

14. charlotte July 4, 2017 at 08:24 #

JLaw’s boots has no place near that dress.
    Rob’s face reads” Let’s get this over with,shall we?”
    LOVE Cara,Angelababy,Zhang Ziyi and Carina Lau.

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 08:49 #

Jlaw’ s bootos reminds those times when Sara J Parker was wearing Dr. Martins with couture and the public discurses of regret afterwards… Just silly.

15. Ana July 4, 2017 at 07:18 #

Cara looks AMAZING. Love the hair, attitude and outfit. Robert & Lawrence look good too. Everyone else is meh.

Eva should have left the hat at home.
    How many of these see-through dresses does Bella own? And the glasses? No they should stay in the 90s and never be seen again.

16. JHH July 4, 2017 at 05:25 #

I love the looks on Cara Delevingne, Felicy Jones (for the first time in forever) and Zhang Ziyi. Elizabeth Olsen looks awful and the rest of the women are just okay/nothing special (shrugs shoulders).

• JHH July 4, 2017 at 05:29 #

Eva’s outfit is a bad costume.

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 07:12 #

I was wondering where she parked the horse. Because I am certain she came on one.