Menu

03.07.17

Front Row @ Christian Dior Fall 2017 Couture

The front row at the Christian Dior Fall 2017 Couture show on Monday (July 3) during Paris Fashion Week was filled to the brim with Dior-donning darlings who showed their affection for the label in a diverse collection of ways.

Jennifer Lawrence: As we’d expect, Jennifer led the charge with a Dior look that couldn’t be missed—and may have been a bit warm-ish under the summer sun. However, I couldn’t help but be drawn to its quirky, cool-girl ways as it effortlessly mixed the sweet, sultry edge of the sheer lace frock (complete with the Dior briefs underneath) with the frontier spirit of a western hat and patterned, fringe cardigan. Even the Dior ‘Walkin’ Dior’ shoes and the ‘J’adior’ embroidered bag somehow fit in. I wouldn’t have believed it myself had I not seen it.

Robert Pattinson
: Looking as handsome as ever, Robert cut a fetching profile in a Dior Homme suit with an eye-catching, metallic pinstripe effect. I love how he reflected the lines in his striped shirt for a look that was sleekly put-together with just a hint of aloof, bad-boy edge.

Kirsten Dunst: Festooned with a collection of embroidered stars and hearts, this was such a darling, layered tulle frock on Kirsten. She didn’t overcook it either by letting the dress have top billing and paring back the styling to a simple pair of pumps and romantic waves.

Natalie Portman: The longtime Dior beauty played to her strengths—and her décolletage—by keeping her look understated and chic in this feminine LBD.

Gemma Arterton: The power of a well-tailored suit, especially of the crisp, white variety, cannot be overlooked, as Gemma so effectively proves here.

Karlie Kloss: Debuting her new icy-blonde ’do, Karlie seems to have adopted an edgier new style personality to match it, as this look can attest. A wide-brimmed hat and Dior ‘Wildior’ boots brought new unconventional meaning this semi-sheer, plisse dress—and that matte red lip was the perfect bold finish.

Winnie Harlow: The beret may have been in keeping with classic Parisian style, but not so for the rest of this experimental statement. Clearly, Winnie was on her own fashion safari, stripping down to her skivvies with the blaze of the sun. Despite it all, the cumbersome fit of the slouchy pants in the front couldn’t be overlooked.

Elizabeth Olsen: Elizabeth offered up a chic way to wear matching separates in this fringed design, to which a colourful clutch brought a moment of playful whimsy.

Eva Herzigova: I loved the pop of red plisse, peaking from underneath the structured lines of her sophisticated sleeveless coat—and that her red lip played right into it.

Celine Dion: Celine’s look may have been one of the more straightforward in the bunch, but she wore this mustard-yellow dress and Dior-emblazoned handbag with such chic attitude that its statement potential cannot be denied.

Natalia Vodianova: The prairie-girl vibes were strong in Natalia’s look that merged an embroidered safari shirt with a fringed skirt that fell a bit heavy—perhaps because it could have passed as an embroidered throw.

Felicity Jones: The all-black palette created a sense of solemnity surrounding this look despite what should have been a lighter, flirtatious edge of the layered ballet skirt. The clutch also seemed a bit large.

Olivia Palermo: Also looking towards a more fall-inspired mood given the tassel jacket, Olivia’s ensemble still had the lift of patterned vibrancy in her geometric striped, yellow-accented skirt. As per, her accessories were on point with Dior ‘So Real Pop’ sunglasses, a choker, and fringe-embellished shoes to round it out.

Credit: Getty

Front Row @ Rodarte Spring 2018

Front Row @ Rodarte Spring 2018

Christian Dior Fall 2017 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Christian Dior Fall 2017 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

22 Responses to Front Row @ Christian Dior Fall 2017 Couture

1. amy July 5, 2017 at 10:33 #

jennifer’s look has too many elements. totally overcooked
    i quite like Celine, Olivia and Olsen’s looks

2. VirginiaFromAmsterdam July 4, 2017 at 18:59 #

The only thing I could think of seeing J-Law was “always take one thing of before leaving the house” from the great Coco Chanel. big no no

• anonymous as always July 10, 2017 at 01:15 #

Only in her case, should be “take everything off and put something else before leaving the house”.
      Although the dress on its’ own might be a cute one.

3. Chris July 4, 2017 at 10:08 #

Love Jennifer’s look, tbh! She pulls it off.

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 16:32 #

NOOOOOOOOOO… You can’t love this. You are that man who has such a good taste in fashion !, and loved the guy in Balmain tunic.. And the other one super cute in Fendi !!
      NOOOO, I refuse to acept that.
      We need to seat and have a serious conversation.

( I hope I am talking with the same Chris I am thinking…)

• Schoolbea July 4, 2017 at 18:06 #

Lol, so much passion.

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 18:20 #

and you’re invited as well. Bring some (Spanish) wine.

• Schoolbea July 4, 2017 at 22:12 #

Hahaha! thanks. During fashion week I sit back and learn ?

Spanish wine on the way!

• Chris July 4, 2017 at 20:25 #

Yeah, I’m the same guy. I saw a lot of pictures on social media and just felt like she sold them to me. But I have to admit, I have started to find the shoes really ridiculous, I don’t understand how I could have been on board with them earlier.. I was a bit sleep deprived, I’m gonna blame that, haha. And the longer I look at it, the more I *do* get what people hate about it. Still, I don’t hate it and I especially do love it neck up, I like the beauty look, she looks badass with the shades and pulls off the hat pretty well. And I feel like what happens neck up is also what helps selling me what happens below that. I wouldn’t like this on everyone (the resort 2018 collection was costume-y and ridiculous, so I technically should hate it on her as well, right?), but there is a lot of “JLaw bringing some attitude and doing some selling” going on here for me, which doesn’t happen very often, so I give her a lot of credit for that and I like it, although I should probably hate it…

• Leandra July 4, 2017 at 21:01 #

you know I am teasing you , right ? Of course you can like it.. It was just to keep a friendly, relaxed atmosphere here. I totally hate her outing but then I am not a great fan of hers , perhaps this has some influence on my opinion. Her face is gorgeous though.

• Chris July 4, 2017 at 23:19 #

yeah, sure, I took it as friendly teasing, not as a really serious post, no worries! 😀 I still felt like explaining it a bit.^^

4. Marie July 4, 2017 at 10:04 #

I remember Kirsten and Céline in a positive light in the end. And Gemma of course, she looks so cool and effortlessly strong!

5. Kathy July 4, 2017 at 09:13 #

JLaw looks ridiculous. There’s just one too many things going on, and the shoes are the worst offender. In fact, “busy” is a good descriptor for most of these looks. I only like Robert, Kirsten, Elizabeth, and Eva. Natalie and Felicity look a little plain-Jane for me.

6. VG July 4, 2017 at 07:16 #

J-Law looks a mess! What is everyone seeing? It’s a sheer dress with a wooly cardigan and ugly sneakers! And the hat? And glasses! Oh my, it doesn’t end! What a terrible outfit! She has no innate sense of fashion so I’m really not surprised.

I love Kirsten and Celine from this bunch.

7. Leandra July 4, 2017 at 06:59 #

Jennifer Lawrence looks absolutely ridiculous. The worst ever. In a costurme going to Coachella not for the front row in a Haute Couture show. The poncho, the boots and the cowboy hat. Girl, bye.
    I like Gemma’s and Eva’s outfits.

8. Caroline July 4, 2017 at 02:47 #

Love Jlaw here! She looks great.

9. Christine July 4, 2017 at 02:29 #

WOWOWOWOW. Jennifer Lawrence looks good. She surprised me!

Robert cleans up nicely

10. charlotte July 4, 2017 at 01:41 #

JLaw actually looked very playful and her age in Dior,wow!
    Celine Dion is wearing a mustard Leather dress in JULY…..that’s the length she is willing to go for Fashion.Bow down.

11. Ana July 4, 2017 at 00:44 #

I know it’s a mess but I love Jennifer Lawrence’s look. Maybe because she finally looks her age and it suits her personality.

12. CollectingTheBooty July 4, 2017 at 00:30 #

JLaw actually looks amazing in a Dior?! Haven’t thought that in a long time, but here we are! Love the whole ensemble. Youthful with a bit of edge. It suits her to a tee. Kirsten Dunst looks lovely. Natalie puts me to sleep, as always.

13. Lolla July 3, 2017 at 23:47 #

I dont know who or why… but I kind love Jennifer look. Of course is tooo much but she had the perfect attitude to make this good. I’m bit afraid to say that I like de sneakers. Lol.

14. Pheephee July 3, 2017 at 23:09 #

Robert looks pretty cool in his suit.
    And of the ladies, I like Celine Dions best. Shes looking great!
    Although Kirsten looks well put together and so does Gemma.
    Karlies new edgy vibe doesnt work for me. Just doesnt feel authentic so Im not buying it.
    Jennifer Lawrence looks a lil cray cray with all of that going on.