Menu

Who Wore Yanina Couture Better? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan or Malin Akerman?

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan kick started her Cannes Film Festival campaign wearing a green Yanina Spring 2017 Couture gown fit for a queen.

I loved Malin Akerman in the black version of the frock she wore earlier this week, but Aishwarya wins for me.

Why?

I much prefer the green, the modified bodice and the voluminous structure of her tiered skirt.

Credit: Yanina Couture, L’Oreal & Getty

Emma Watson In Miu Miu - 'The Circle' Paris Premiere

Emma Watson In Miu Miu – ‘The Circle’ Paris Premiere

Kristen Wiig In Valentino - 'Despicable Me 3' London Photocall

Kristen Wiig In Valentino – ‘Despicable Me 3’ London Photocall

8 Responses to Who Wore Yanina Couture Better? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan or Malin Akerman?

1. Pheephee June 23, 2017 at 00:15 #

Aishwarya for sure! Loved this look on her, even more when you can see them side by side. I much prefer the modified bodice, the green, and the styling. So much better!!

2. Nat39 June 22, 2017 at 22:33 #

Aishwarya, so very obviously!! The gown is so flattering on her curves, with the slightly modified bodice helping create a perfect fit, the green is more inspiring, with her gorgeous waves and full red lip (a perfect accent against green) and complimentary gold&green jewellery enhancing the look perfectly, and I also like how you can see the yellow sandals through the sheer skirt in her version. The whole look sings!

The fit of the top on Malin is not nearly as flattering, her hair is a bit too severe, and the bright orangey red on thin lips (not a very good idea) looks harsh. Still, the look is fine, but lacking flair in comparison.

3. JHH June 22, 2017 at 17:25 #

Sometimes we need a both option for the who wore it better poll and sometimes we need a neither. This is one the neither times, but if I had to pick, I would go with Aishwarya Rai solely for the color.

4. Hermoine June 22, 2017 at 13:36 #

Thanks for doing this one!

5. SilentVisitor June 22, 2017 at 11:24 #

The fit at the waist looks best on Aishwarya but she overcooked it with too much makeup and excessive jewelry. I also think the flowers look best on black

Malin fits at the waist isn’t great but her approach is much cleaner

The runaway model wins

• anonymous as always June 22, 2017 at 15:08 #

I am not a fan of Aishwarya’s hair and makeup either. I think it’s too heavy for the dress. But I think I prefer the green version of the dress.
      As you said, model looks the best.

6. Dhppy June 22, 2017 at 10:17 #

I can’t chose. The back version looks best for an evening red carpet event. The green looks best for a party, (especially if you ditch the bottom part of the skirt). It’s a good dress either way. The black one for the Emmys and the green for The Independent Spirit awards.

• Dorothy deBeckham June 26, 2017 at 15:00 #