Menu

14.06.17

Kim Kardashian West In Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier – 2017 Forbes Women’s Summit

Kim Kardashian West was giving us serious businesswoman vibes at the 2017 Forbes Women’s Summit on Tuesday (June 13) in New York City.

The reality star exuded confidence in a Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier pinstripe suit. The dreamy long waves look lovely, but I wish she’d gone for a bolder, sleeker look befitting of this blazer-trouser combo.

I’m all for playing with proportions, especially when it comes to androgynous ensembles, but the sleeves feel too long and the blazer too tight. Kim also looks like she’s arrived sans shoes because of the odd trouser length and nude sandal.

With a few tweaks this could have been a winning look for me, what do you think?

Credit: Getty

Lindsay Lohan In Gucci - British Asian Trust Annual Iftar Ramadan

Lindsay Lohan In Gucci – British Asian Trust Annual Iftar Ramadan

Olivia Wilde In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert'

Olivia Wilde In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’

20 Responses to Kim Kardashian West In Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier – 2017 Forbes Women’s Summit

1. Noemi June 15, 2017 at 10:00 #

This is probably my favorite look from her. The suit looks more like a double breasted pajamas because of the bad fit, but I like it.

2. Alina June 15, 2017 at 09:23 #

There are issues with this look, of course; but it still is one of her better ones.

3. anonymous as always June 14, 2017 at 23:55 #

It’s needs some ironing but other than that, I like it. Huge improvement from her, so thumbs up form me.

4. PinkSugar June 14, 2017 at 20:53 #

I think Kim tried to cover up for the event, which I appreciate it, but let’s face it- the sweatpants, ankle booties, and boobs will be right back tomorrow (if not sooner). One event covered up does not a transformation make. The makeup as usual is a tad on the boring side, and the too long weave weighs down the whole look. The shoes are also an odd pairing with the suit. With all that said, this looks a million times than her usual thirsty, try-hard looks.

• Catherine Kallon June 14, 2017 at 21:33 #

LOL…I see you are not convinced by the “new and improved” Kim K 🙂

5. JHH June 14, 2017 at 17:05 #

I don’t like the shoes or her hair and the suit needs better pressing and slightly better fit but I, for one, appreciate the fact Kim appears to be trying something different and is moving in a new direction. The suit is actually despite the fit issues flattering on her and very appropriate for the occasion.

• JHH June 14, 2017 at 17:07 #

The suit shortens her leg a bit so she might have been better served with a shorter jacket.

6. Caroline June 14, 2017 at 16:40 #

Wow. You all are harsh on her. Kim has changed her thirsty style to simplicity and I’m all for it. She looks good. The only thing I don’t like here is the hair.

7. TeaAtTwo June 14, 2017 at 16:25 #

Apart from the hair and minor fit issues I like the look a lot.

8. Pheephee June 14, 2017 at 15:04 #

I really love that shes going a different route with fashion. It suits her better and this suit does too! My nitpick is now with the hair…it looks unwashed and in need of a huge cut/style….but otherwise overall this is good for her.

• SilentVisitor June 14, 2017 at 15:55 #

Apparently it seems hard to focus on Fashion when Kim and Kristen are featured here. She looks good but no to the hair

9. Christine June 14, 2017 at 14:12 #

Not a bad look.

10. A famous nobody June 14, 2017 at 13:52 #

ohhh, she wore pinstrips for a business meeting…. so predictable. so cliché. Like when Tyra Banks told she wears glasses and a tie when she intends to look ” brainy”… Pathetic creature.

11. Natha June 14, 2017 at 13:50 #

When will she give up on this super long weave? It does not flatter her and hides her face. This look would have been a lot better if she had used if her short hair/short hair weave or a not pretentious pony tail. I like the she is not make but this clothes look to be a size too small on her. Also need some ironing. The sandals could have been replaced by sophisticated pumps.

• Natha June 14, 2017 at 13:53 #

she is not naked*

12. Kathy June 14, 2017 at 11:26 #

Nope. Some people naturally exude panache, and can elevate even a mediocre look to something passable. But seeing Kim in stripped-down looks like this (and her Met Gala dress) just convinces me that she would be quite boring if it weren’t for the drama surrounding her 24/7.

Take away the extensions, thigh-high boots, and flashy bandage dresses…and you realize that whatever sartorial chops she might have are entirely superficial. Guess that’s not a surprise though.

13. meme June 14, 2017 at 10:53 #

Well she’s not half naked or in clothes two sizes too small so there’s that. But her fake hair is hideous and the suit, which is fabulous, needs to be tailored. And her face looks different…again.

14. Charlotte June 14, 2017 at 10:42 #

I really like this jumpsuit, but yes the fit could have been better.
    And her hair are awful, even expensive hair extensions look cheap!

• Amy June 14, 2017 at 12:46 #

+1. Can’t wrap my head around that tacky hair

15. Monique June 14, 2017 at 10:40 #

Guessing she chose the unstructered hair and nude sandal to insure her Gaultier “business” suit didn’t look too studious as if she was trying too hard. As a businesswoman, I feel she played this one just right. Buttoned up but still Kim.