Menu

Over the weekend, Jessica Chastain and Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo celebrated their wedding in northern Italy, with both Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt in attendance.

‘La dolce vita’ was alive and well in both Anne and Emily’s looks, as they channeled a vibrant colour palette of bold reds, pink, and fuchsia.

I love how Anne added a striking turquoise necklace and Giuseppe Zanotti flat sandals to her Valentino Spring 2017 silk patterned gown, further enlivening its romantic, bohemian flare.

Emily took a more measured approach in her Peter Pilotto Fall 2017 foliage-printed dress that was beautiful in its colour saturation. However, I did prefer the original runway silhouette as I found it to be more inspired and interesting from top to toe. Rupert Sanderson metallic heels completed her look on a non-consequential note, when an equally bright shoe—even turquoise like her earrings—would have provided more splash.

Anne’s look won out for me. Which did you prefer?

Valentino flared silk gown
Credit: Vogue.com & Backgrid

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta - 'Cars 3' LA Premiere

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Cars 3’ LA Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Louis Vuitton - 'The Amazing Race China' Press Conference

Fan Bingbing In Louis Vuitton – ‘The Amazing Race China’ Press Conference

20 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Valentino & Emily Blunt In Peter Pilotto – Jessica Chastain & Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo’s Wedding

1. Gha June 13, 2017 at 00:43 #

I really don’t like Emily’s dress, it’s very aging, unflattering and matronly for her. I’m not too crazy about Anne’s dress, but it’s nice on her and the necklace is a pretty touch. I personally like the flip-flops with that hippie vibe. And I guess they’re not some beach flip-flops, rather Louboutin or Weitzmann shoes. Also it was what seems to be quite a relaxed and laid-back wedding party, because many other guests (italian socialites) wore hippie maxi flowing dresses with flip-flops. It seems very smart to me, as Treviso in June is horribly hot and it was a garden party… Being from that place, I can assure you that a nice ultra fitted dress with high heels isn’t really appropriated with the kind of weather we get.

• charlotte June 13, 2017 at 06:57 #

yes,I agree with your comment about the dress ages her and looked matronly.She could do so much better

2. Taylah Reeves June 12, 2017 at 23:39 #

Some comments here are hilarous. Being disgusted by Annes shoes . She was attending a friends wedding not the Oscars. I think we all need to remember that celebrities are human and sometimes just like us do not want to wear heels

3. Pheephee June 12, 2017 at 21:11 #

I really dont like either of them. they are very unappealing looks.

4. Marie June 12, 2017 at 19:51 #

Not really loving either as well. While Anne’s look is of course nice (only nice, because I think it feels a bit mismatched) I can’t help thinking it seems unwitting for a wedding? I mean, she’s wearing flip-flops? Of course, that depends on the kind of wedding (and whether you are the crazy auntie who gets away with wearing crocs because everyone indulges her).
    As for Emily, while her look is very appropriate, she gives off a certain mother-of-the-bride vibe? I don’t get the neckline and sleeves, the runway design is way superior.

• Schoolbea June 12, 2017 at 23:28 #

I totally agree on everything. It looks like Emily is Anne’s mother.

5. kane June 12, 2017 at 18:41 #

Not crazy about either I must say.

6. Mokka June 12, 2017 at 18:02 #

I like both, but any news on the bride’s dress? I think it’s Alexander McQueen.

• charlotte June 13, 2017 at 06:59 #

No,someone said it was a custom-made gown by Ricardo Tisci

• Mokka June 14, 2017 at 09:16 #

Yeah, I heard that later, but: “Though rumours suggested that it was created by Riccardo Tisci, due to the designer’s attendance at the ceremony, the Alexander McQueen press office has now confirmed that the timeless piece was created for Chastain within the British fashion house.” That’s from VOGUE.

7. TeaAtTwo June 12, 2017 at 17:20 #

I wish Emily had worn the runway version. Anne looks nice.

8. james June 12, 2017 at 16:36 #

I personally think Anne’s dress is inappropriate for a wedding. Just saying. Emily’s dress is hideous and aging.

• JHH June 12, 2017 at 17:05 #

+1, exactly what I was thinking but I also think Anne’s dress is ugly except for the red.

• JHH June 12, 2017 at 17:06 #

I don’t know how Emily Blunt whose style I usually admire picked such an aging dress.

9. Alina June 12, 2017 at 16:03 #

Anne is wearing freaking flip-flops, so it’s a no.

Emily’s dress is ill fitting, so it’s a no.

It’s a shame cause both of these looks had potential.

10. Chris June 12, 2017 at 15:02 #

Lovely. I like that it looks like they color coordinated.

11. Kathy June 12, 2017 at 14:54 #

Anne’s getup is a little too hippie-dippie and comes off as inauthentic. Emily’s dress ages her, although I do like the color.

12. Charlotte June 12, 2017 at 14:20 #

Emily look would have been good on someone much older.
    Anne’s dress and the necklace are a good combo, but that’s it.
    Nothing memorable.

13. Caroline June 12, 2017 at 13:42 #

I don’t like any of them.

• meme June 12, 2017 at 17:42 #

me neither. annE’s is too hippy dippy and Emily’s is matronly