Menu

12.06.17 Menswear

2017 Tony Awards Menswear Roundup

The men were not to be left backstage with their red-carpet looks at the 2017 Tony Awards on Sunday (June 11) in New York City.

Ben Platt: The young Broadway actor showed off a perfectly tailored fit in a bespoke David Hart suit that featured a rich navy colour with contrasting black lapels.

Jordan Roth: The Broadway mogul flaunted his theatrical side in a rock-star-red Gucci Resort 2017 slim-line suit complete with the embellished roaring tiger motif at the back. This was the performance piece of the night—at least on the sartorial stage.

Tom Sturridge: Tom was joined by his ‘1984’ Broadway co-star Olivia Wilde on the red carpet, where he wore more red in an Alexander McQueen Fall 2017 suit that something of a rebel flair with its bright colour, cropped pants and collar-less shirt. I can only hope his bowl-cut hair is for the role.

Kevin Spacey: Kevin impressed in a midnight-navy Isaia contrast-lapel tux that was a sleek, handsome turn for the actor.

Orlando Bloom: Orlando’s suit may have been a Stella McCartney design, but its business-casual likeness seemed out of place and didn’t particularly leave a memorable impression.

Corey Hawkins: With this Ermenegildo Zegna Couture ensemble, the real showpiece was the green jacquard tuxedo jacket.

John Mulaney: Also in an Ermenegildo Zegna Couture tuxedo, John went for the crisp, clean appeal of a white dinner jacket to highlight his formal look.

Credit: Getty

Models @ 2017 Tony Awards

Models @ 2017 Tony Awards

Zoe Kazan In Gucci - 'Okja' New York Premiere

Zoe Kazan In Gucci – ‘Okja’ New York Premiere

9 Responses to 2017 Tony Awards Menswear Roundup

1. Nat39 June 12, 2017 at 23:44 #

I’m not excited at all, Ben Platt looking nice, some others…

Jordan – no, the red is too shiny.
    Orlando needs a style inspiration, his looks are the same and boring, and needs a better pair of shoes.

2. JHH June 12, 2017 at 21:11 #

Corey looks great. The rest other than Orlando are okay.

3. alvarospain June 12, 2017 at 20:52 #

I like Jordan, Kevin and Corey.

• Draga June 12, 2017 at 21:47 #

Hi, I can´t understand how you can like so different styles? I hate the Jordan Roth look – but maybe I am too conservative and “oldie” for understanding it.. 🙂

• Schoolbea June 12, 2017 at 23:18 #

+1. Those three are amazing! Can’t pick one! Each one of them is so well done, in their own style!

4. Marie June 12, 2017 at 20:10 #

All are very well-dressed, though Tom’s hair is truly a disaster and I can only echo that I hope it was for the role. Such a diverse while still well-dressed male rc feels unusual, so it’s all the more great!
    (And maybe I should add that Orlando Bloom was my first celebrity crush when I was, like, twelve, and it is as they; the first one always stays special. So it is very hard for me to ever think he doesn’t look Absolutely Perfect.)

5. Kathy Li June 12, 2017 at 19:43 #

Jordan’s jacket is great. Love the color coordination from Tom and Olivia, even if it does skew a little junior prom.

6. meme June 12, 2017 at 18:36 #

Why does Tom Sturridge have a Moe haircut?

7. Alina June 12, 2017 at 18:18 #

Apart from Tom and Orlando, everybody looks great here.