Menu

11. Diane Kruger in Christian Dior Couture
12. Praya Lundberg in Rami Kadi Couture
13. Fan Bingbing in Christopher Bu
14. Elle Fanning in Rodarte
15. Nicole Kidman in Michael Kors
16. Kendall Jenner in Giambattista Valli Couture
17. Sonam Kapoor in Elie Saab Couture (pink)
18. Fan Bingbing in Elie Saab Couture
19. Fan Bingbing in Valentino Couture
20. Sonam Kapoor in Elie Saab Couture (gold)
21. Jessica Chastain in Prada

Gabrielle Union In Prabal Gurung - BookExpo 2017

Gabrielle Union In Prabal Gurung – BookExpo 2017

2017 Cannes Film Festival Fashion Critics' Roundup

2017 Cannes Film Festival Fashion Critics’ Roundup

15 Responses to Readers Choice: 2017 Cannes Film Festival Best Red Carpet Looks

1. EmmaWoodhouse June 3, 2017 at 12:22 #

Of my 15 BDOTY contender picks for Cannes this year, 10 made it into the top 30 and 5 into the top 11! Yay! 🙂
    Those in the top 11 were 1, 2, 6, 10, and 11. A great year, I thought!

2. ST June 3, 2017 at 09:33 #

Aishwarya was a dream came to reality

3. JHH June 2, 2017 at 23:27 #

Thank you for the list. Though I am not as much of a fan of the number 1 look as most people here, I was thrilled to see Praya Lundberg who wore my favorite look at Cannes on the list.

• VG June 3, 2017 at 00:01 #

A blue princess gown is so completely uninspiring. Not really getting the love for that number 1 (although I’m not a fan of princess gowns in general).
      But thank you FC for such wonderful coverage! I had so much fun with Cannes fashion this year! Especially compared to last year when your site wasn’t around :p

4. Arina June 2, 2017 at 21:33 #

Surprised Uma Thurman’s opening ceremony Versace didn’t make the top 20. It was one of those “oh so perfect” moments for me.

5. Aurelien June 2, 2017 at 20:13 #

Such a shame everyone forgot Araya A Hargate in Ralph and Russo at the opening ceremony ! For me, it exuded glamour and sleekness as she had the perfect balance between pure lines and breadth, with that amazing flowing cape.

• Tenacious June 3, 2017 at 01:12 #

+1 I wouldve loved to see it in the polls as she would’ve had my vote for best dressed.

6. rima June 2, 2017 at 18:52 #

Queen Aishwarya in this Michael Cinco gown at Cannes 2017 will be etched in my memory forever!! Elle in the Gucci gown looks pretty mesmerizing as well.

7. Huda June 2, 2017 at 18:41 #

I was so happy to see Aishwarya is number one .. this is a dress I definitely won’t forget anytime soon
    Also Nicole in Calvin Klein was my favorite look of her along with fan in versace
    It’s a very understandable list .. those were the most stand out looks

8. bappi June 2, 2017 at 18:38 #

Queen Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

9. Kathy June 2, 2017 at 18:37 #

Good to see such a well-rounded list. I love the mix of traditional glamour and avant-garde designs/styling. Personally I would’ve swapped Elle’s Vivienne Westwood with her Gucci, but that’s just me.

10. Nat39 June 2, 2017 at 18:27 #

I don’t exactly agree with everything, but I think it’s a nice ‘good-looking’ list overall.

Aishwarya is the expected choice, and I think it’s well deserved.

Glad to see Nicole made it – I didn’t think the look was twee. The look was distinct and had a character while still simple and executed impeccably. I think it’s an instant classic, I’ll remember it at the end of the year.

Also happy Diane in Jonathan Simkhai made it. It’s not a straight-forward wow moment in the expected Cannes way, yet it was mesmerizing – both understated and impactful.

Personally wasn’t that excited about Jessica, she did look gorgeous (she always does), but the gown looked a bit cheap, sorry, she didn’t make my list to such a high spot.

• meme June 2, 2017 at 18:51 #

I didn’t like that gold gown on Jessica either. The back is awful and it just doesn’t work for me at all and it does look somewhat cheap. Elle’s Gucci was just too twee for me. She looks like a wood nymph. Nicole’s ballerina dress was stunning.

• Santiago June 2, 2017 at 19:09 #

I’ve not seen that! That bow is really awful

• Nat39 June 2, 2017 at 19:14 #

..personally, I’d include Praya in striking and a bit different Rami Kadi Couture and Kendall, who brought all the right flair in GBV, somewhere in top 10….probably leave out some of Elle’s looks (her lovely but a bit bland grey-ish Dior, for ex. Her Rodarte was more worthy to be on the list imo).