Menu

30.05.17 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Look?

Olivia Palermo's Valentino bugle-beaded chiffon tie-neck dress

Olivia Palermo’s Valentino bugle-beaded chiffon tie-neck dress

'The Mummy - La Momie' Paris Premiere

‘The Mummy – La Momie’ Paris Premiere

37 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet Look?

1. Bhavdeep June 1, 2017 at 22:22 #

Did anyone check out Kristen Stewart at 120 Beats Per Minute premiere. She was such a clutter breaker. It was Chenl if I am not wrong.I loved her. Possibly my favorite moment from the festival this year in terms of looks.

2. Rahul June 1, 2017 at 15:55 #

AISHWARYA obviously no 1 …her dress was just oh my god…Cinderella moment

3. Rahul June 1, 2017 at 15:52 #

Of Aishwarya dress was the best dress at cannes this year…For me Aishwarya

4. Aby June 1, 2017 at 13:56 #

The best dress ever was worn by Aishwarya Rai….she looked lovely in the Cinderella outfit….👌👌

5. Lancel June 1, 2017 at 07:58 #

My favourite is Adriana Lima. I know it isn’t something extraordinary but I can’t find anything not to like on this look whilst at the other ladies there is always something that bothers me even though some gowns are gorgeous.

6. Susie May 31, 2017 at 16:39 #

#1: Elle Fanning in Dior – I don’t even like princess gowns but I love this one. The embellishments are whimsical, not cliched or too heavy, and Elle carries it so well.
    #2: Diane Kruger in Jonathan Simkhai – So regal and perfect. She made off-the-shoulder puffed sleeves look so modern.
    #3: Driane Kruger in gray Dior – The most romantic look at Cannes IMO. I even love the choker 🙂

She’s not on the list, but I also love Jasmine Tookes in Georges Chakra – sleek and minimal, and the fit was perfect.

7. from-chitown May 31, 2017 at 16:21 #

1. Aishwarya Rai in Michael Cinco (this one was my jaw-dropped moment at Cannes, and she was the epitome of go-big-or-go-home)
    2. Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive

3- Elle Fanning in Dior
    4- Elle Fanning in Gucci
    5- Elle Fanning in Rodarte
    6- Fan BingBing in Valentino
    7- Diane Kruger in Dior
    8- Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann
    9- Uma Thurman in Versace (day 1)
    10- Aishwarya Rai in Michael Cinco

• Rahul June 1, 2017 at 15:56 #

Aishwarya no 10..
      Hahaha Aishwarya dress was the best than others

10. Caroline May 31, 2017 at 15:45 #

JESSICA CHASTAIN IN ARMANI PRIVE. AND MY BDOTY TOO.

11. sg May 31, 2017 at 14:45 #

1. Jessica Chastain – Armani Prive (day 7)
    2. Marion Cotillard – Halpern (day 6)
    3. Julianne Moore – Givenchy Couture (day 1)
    4. Elle Fanning – Gucci (day 5)
    5. Diane Kruger – Jonathan Simkhai (day 12)
    6. Diane Kruger – Christian Dior Couture (day 7)
    7. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – Michael Cinco Couture (day 3)
    8. Diane Kruger – Jason Wu (day 10)
    9. Fan Bingbing – Atelier Versace (day 12)
    10. Jessica Chastain – Prada (day 9)
    11. Juliette Binoche – Armani PrivĂ© (day 7)
    12. Nicole Kidman – Christian Dior Couture (photocall day 6)
    13. Nicole Kidman – Calvin Klein by Appointment (day 6)
    14. Jessica Chastain – Givenchy Couture (day 3)
    15. Kendall Jenner – Giambattista Valli Couture (day 4)

12. Meg May 31, 2017 at 14:32 #

I was going to vote for Kendall but she is not a choice in the poll. Also agree that Jessica Chastain in Zuhair Murad should have been featured over the black Prada.

• Bhavdeep June 1, 2017 at 22:18 #

Same here… I don’t know why her pic is there but not in choices.

13. Jeremy May 31, 2017 at 14:25 #

Well, I’m astonished to write this, but actually my favourite is Kendall in that Giambatista dress. It’s just such a unique silhouette and she’s bursting with confidence, wearing it so well. It’s kind of magically cloud like, just floating. And sexy at the same time with the legs on show. Perfect for Cannes!

… unfortunately it’s not an option to vote for. haha.

• Nat39 May 31, 2017 at 16:50 #

I actually agree with you about Kendall. It took me some time to get past the socks, but the look totally has all the right flair for the spring festival, she’s selling it h2t.

14. Lara May 31, 2017 at 13:40 #

Jessica Chastain’s last look, the white gown with red around the waist. Think it was Murad. I’m really sad that it does not appear here, as it should have been in, in place of the black with the open back and necklace. From this list, I surprisingly chose Araya in the pink Murad. My close second was Jessica in the bronze Prive, followed by Fan (who appeared one time too many on this list, in my opinion) in Valentino.

15. VG May 31, 2017 at 12:20 #

I have a feeling a Jessica Chastain in Armani is going to win this and I really don’t think it deserves too. I liked it at first sight (I even raved it) but then I looked at it from different angles and in higher quality pics and it’s actually not a good look at all. The dress didn’t fit her right (especially around the bust), the fabric was heavy and the back was ugly with that 80’s style bow. The colour was nice with her hair and skin but that was it’s only redeeming factor.
    I voted for Nicole in CK. It was modern, fun and true fashion moment!

16. Vania Mendes May 31, 2017 at 10:31 #

1. Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé (by a long shoot, the elegance that she exuded was incomparable!)
    2. Elle Fanning in Rodarte
    3. Diane Kruger in Jonathan Simkhai
    4. Aishwariya Rai in Michael Cinco Couture
    5. Nicole Kidman in Calvin Klein By Appointment
    6. Lily Collins in Ralph and Russo Couture
    7. Elle Fanning in Gucci
    8. Fan Bingbing in Valentino Couture
    9. Kendall in Giambattista Valli Couture
    10. Araya A. Hargate in Zuhair Murad Couture

17. The original AB May 31, 2017 at 09:31 #

For me Monica Bellicci in Dolce & Gabbana at the closing ceremony.

18. Nat39 May 31, 2017 at 08:43 #

I’ll give my vote to Diane Kruger in Jonathan Simkhai, too perfect, and, in my opinion, Xiaoqiao Hong in an amazing swan design at the opening was the most incredible look that hit Cannes red carpet this year (I’ll post links below, it takes a while in moderation).

My other best dressed:

Aishwariya Rai in Michael Cinco Couture, no doubt a Cannes-worthy moment.
    Praya Lundberg in striking Rami Kadi Couture
    Elle Fanning in Rodarte
    Araya A. Hargate in Zuhair Murad Couture
    Nicole Kidman in Calvin Klein By Appointment (a charming “music box ballerina” moment, it’s a classic)
    Kendall (despite the socks)
    More stylish Liu Wen in JPG/Uma in Armani Prive
    Monica Bellucci in Dior Couture (opening)/Fan in Atelier Versace…
    There were other looks that I liked, many good choices.

19. Charlotte May 31, 2017 at 08:39 #

TIlda Swinton in Haider Ackerman and Juliette Binoche in Balmain.

20. Zineb May 31, 2017 at 07:42 #

1 Not in the list, but Jessica Chastain in Zuhair Murad is my favorite
    2 Sonam Kapoor in Elie Saab Couture
    3 Aishwarya in Ralph and Russo couture
    4 Adriana Lima in Naeem Khan bridal
    5 Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive

21. TinaL May 31, 2017 at 07:22 #

My top 3:
    1. Araya A. Hargate in Zuhair Murad Couture
    2. Elle Fanning in Rodarte
    3. Diane Kruger in Jonathan Simkhai

Photocall:
    Nicole Kidman In Versace

22. Natchy May 31, 2017 at 06:29 #

Araya A. Hargate in Zuhair Murad Couture with her princess face!!

23. Tiger Nueng May 31, 2017 at 06:03 #

NICOLE KIDMAN in Calvin Klein is very modern and unexpected

24. Ramsay May 31, 2017 at 04:35 #

Nicole Kidman in Calvin Klein bold and modern

25. Giras May 31, 2017 at 02:49 #

Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive. Full stop.
    One of the greatest looks I’ve seen.

26. Guizard May 31, 2017 at 00:23 #

Hey,
    There is a little mistake in the pole. There is 30 Photos and only 29 Choices.
    Kendall Jenner doesn’t appear!

27. alvarospain May 31, 2017 at 00:04 #

Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé.

• Lady Mila C. May 31, 2017 at 01:03 #

• Fiona-Brasil May 31, 2017 at 02:27 #

+ 2 .And Eva Green.

28. Huda May 30, 2017 at 23:50 #

I know a lot of people didn’t like Aishwarya Ray in Micheal Cinco .. but I just couldn’t let this Cinderella moment go , what can I say I’m a fairytale sucker and I’m not ashamed.

29. Chris May 30, 2017 at 23:25 #

I made a list with all my favs.. it’s long. It was a good year for the festival imo.

1. Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé
    2. Elle Fanning in Rodarte
    3. Jessica Chastain in Zuhair Murad Couture
    4. Nicole Kidman in Calvin Klein
    5. Aishwarya Rai in Michael Cinco (yeah, this one grew on me more with time than the R&R^^)
    6. Juliette Binoche in Armani Privé (70th Anniversary)
    7. Eva Green in Alexander McQueen