Menu

24.05.17 Premiere

Elle Fanning In Rodarte – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Rodarte hasn’t presented any earth moving looks during Cannes Film Festival – until now.

Elle Fanning glided down the red carpet for ‘The Beguiled’ premiere this evening (May 23) wearing a bespoke lavender tulle gown which was made for a night like this.

The mesmerizing piece wouldn’t look out of place on a Disney movie, such is the whimsical nature of this gown.

Often a gaudy necklace can take the gloss off a stunning look, so I love that she opted for dainty pearls.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has a serious challenger for Queen of Cannes. Elle has been impeccable throughout the whole festival.

Will Elle get your vote?

Credit: Getty

Celebrities Love…Roberi & Fraud Sunglasses

Celebrities Love…Roberi & Fraud Sunglasses

Elisabeth Moss In Prabal Gurung - ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Elisabeth Moss In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

47 Responses to Elle Fanning In Rodarte – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. amy May 26, 2017 at 08:15 #

the color saves the dress because the frock itself is not that great. So far Elle is my main contender for Queen. she’s been slaying non stop

2. Lancel May 25, 2017 at 09:57 #

The color is amazing on her and it is a very romantic look.. But it isn’t something incredible for me because I usually hate the long torso of the dress. It isn’t flattering. So I am the exception here.

• ayatlaw May 25, 2017 at 18:51 #

+1 I don’t care for it either. And the sweetheart neckline looks crooked to me–which irks me.

• anonymous as always May 26, 2017 at 19:18 #

3. charlotte May 25, 2017 at 03:21 #

It’s official,Elle Fanning is the Breakout star of Cannes this year and possibly will be crowned as Queen of Cannes.
    she finished her Cannes journey on a high note,this Rodarte dress is so unusual from the fashion house and completely enchanting on Elle,
    The color is divine,and I particularly love the dainty pearls she’s chosen,keeping the focus on the dress.
    if you google the back of this dress,Elle used a long black head band which flows beautifully behind her.
    Ashiwarya’s Cinderella dress wouldn’t stand a chance in the competition.

4. CreoleLady May 25, 2017 at 01:42 #

For me it is Araya Hargate firmly in queen position with Ellen Fanning swishing on her heels. Both women showed far more variety and breadth than Rai Bachchan, at least based on the looks featured on this blog.

• charlotte May 25, 2017 at 03:13 #

I agree,how can someone only showed up twice and did the same silhouette be the queen of Cannes?are we judging by the volume of the dress?Nothing against the lovely Ashiwarya,but she won’t get my vote.
      Araya and Elle are far more diversified,serving all the looks with panache.

• Nat39 May 25, 2017 at 16:07 #

I’m fine with all 3 ladies. Although I can’t really say that Elle showed a diverse style – all of her looks were once again along the same lines of soft and youthfully romantic, same pastels, light tulle skirts, floral embroidery… very typical Elle, nothing she hasn’t done before. I posted her look from last year Cannes for ex. below and it follows the formula to a tee. But I’m not complaining:), she continues to delight.

5. Pheephee May 25, 2017 at 01:37 #

That color is divine. This look is so ethereal, living in a little fantasy land vibe. Like the others, I cannot believe this is Rodarte. Its just so…pretty.
    I also adore the cute pearl necklace. It adds to the dreamy feel.

6. Melissa May 25, 2017 at 01:29 #

No contest between Elle and Aishwarya. Elle is blowing everyone out of the water!

7. Nat39 May 24, 2017 at 21:55 #

Simply heavenly. This is my fave look from her at Cannes and, w/o a doubt, will make it into my top list of the festival.

• Nat39 May 25, 2017 at 00:18 #

The look with its delicate hue, strapless silhouette, beautiful complimentary necklace and a center-part low bun has the same dreamy feel as her Zuhair Murad at Cannes last year (which I still can’t forget)

• Alina May 25, 2017 at 17:06 #

That look, the D&G and the Gucci at ‘The Neon Demon’ premieres last year were flawless. She had an amazing 2016.

• Nat39 May 25, 2017 at 18:11 #

Yep. She was my promo tour star last year.
          As far as her Cannes looks go, she still didn’t surpass the delicately artful ZM for me, and her pink ruffled Gucci from NY premiere made my BDOTY list.

8. Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 21:48 #

Wow. What can I say that hasn’t been said already. It’s so strikingly simple, but that colour is everything. I’m not a fan on the necklace, but it goes so well with the elegance of this look that I can’t really fault it. And she looks so confident and so comfortable in these amazing gowns that she’s a pleasure to see. Wonderful.

9. Natera May 24, 2017 at 21:00 #

This doesn’t look like Rodarte at all… I don’t like it, but Elle has been serving some great looks this festival.

10. gabis May 24, 2017 at 20:58 #

I know I’d hate this dress on any other human being but Elle completely sells it to me simply because everything about this look suits her perfectly.

11. Rima May 24, 2017 at 20:29 #

Wow Aishwarya is like the Elsa and Elle the Anna of Cannes. No seriously queen and princess please ?

12. Christine May 24, 2017 at 20:00 #

Wow I’m so shocked that this is Rodarte.

This is so Anti-Rodarte lol. Which is why I like this beautiful, angelic look.

13. LittlePaperStars May 24, 2017 at 19:59 #

Sam McMillen deserves a award for Elle’s Cannes run, it’s been magnificent

14. kane May 24, 2017 at 19:50 #

Nice, and a tad boring. She’s put the bar high recently.

FC, as much as I LURVE to have you back (yup, I guess I gave up checking on the blog sometime last year and it took me until now to realise my luck!), lots of my comments now go into moderation, I get the “you are posting to quickly” notification when really that’s not what’s happening (I open posts in tabs but take time to read and post) and database/connectivity error a lot more than before your hiatus. Any ideas why? :-/ Thank you!

• kane May 24, 2017 at 19:50 #

*too

• Leandra May 24, 2017 at 20:01 #

I know you didn’t ask me but just for help: The comments don’t show up immediately. There is a short interval for them being posted

• kane May 24, 2017 at 20:57 #

Thanks, Leandra, for picking up my issue! I am less concerned about the posts where I don’t get any notification. As you say, the post appears immediately or is there when I check back. It’s the ones where an error message implies a spam detector at work and I lose the post if not c/p’ing beforehand. I can’t quite see a system to when a post goes into moderation or even the spam filter and when it doesn’t. It occurs much more frequently than it used to before.

• Leandra May 24, 2017 at 21:19 #

it happens to me too when there is too much traffic. I just click “previous page” and my comment show up again ( I mean the draft, before is posted) and then i click “submit comment” again and works fine. But maybe Catherine explain you better.

• kane May 24, 2017 at 22:21 #

Thanks, I’ll try that! 🙂

• Catherine Kallon May 24, 2017 at 23:55 #

Hi Kane, so good to have you back . Thanks for checking back. I’ve been back since January.

I have forwarded this onto my developer, I will find out what the issue is

• kane May 29, 2017 at 21:52 #

Thanks, FC! Yes, so many looks and your opinions to catch up on, looking forward to it!

15. from-chitown May 24, 2017 at 19:48 #

Thats a beautiful color and she looks like a princess gliding on the carpet. Am not a very big fan of this gown, but cannot deny that she has been delivering it consistently at Cannes. So many looks and not a single sheer one showing her panties. That itself makes it a successful run for me. Kudos to her and her team.

• JHH May 24, 2017 at 20:15 #

16. Leandra May 24, 2017 at 19:46 #

As delicate as wispy cirrus clouds or even candy floss, so ethereal . She looks like the personification of a poem. Im stunned with so much beauty.

• Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 22:12 #

As I said the other day: I come for the fashion, I stay for the similes. So evocative.

• Leandra May 24, 2017 at 22:31 #

😉

• yumey May 25, 2017 at 08:30 #

I agree, thank you for this comment.
      Elle is looking precious and oh-so-beautiful.
      For me she’s Queen of Cannes.

17. Ari May 24, 2017 at 19:42 #

Cannes Queen 100%

I can’t really add to what people here have already commented, she’s like a dreamy wondrous princess, it can go on and on.

Elle, her stylist, her team get an A++++

18. TeaAtTwo May 24, 2017 at 19:38 #

She looks like a princess. Best Rodarte since Brie Larson. It’s a tie for me Aishwarya has has some other amazing looks for other various events.

19. Paola May 24, 2017 at 19:37 #

No!! She is not a Cannes queen, she is so frigid !!

20. Tina May 24, 2017 at 19:36 #

This could be the first dress worn by Elle I don’t like during this Cannes tour. Way too cheap and tacky. Rodarte is so out of date on their aesthetic. Either too busy with all the embroidery and appliqué, or like this one, don’t bother any shape or embellishment. I’m just so over with their design.

21. Ale May 24, 2017 at 19:29 #

Cannes Queen!!!
    I can’t believe this is Rodarte. Amazing.
    The color, the tulle, this is a dreamy gown.
    Congratulations for her and her stylist.

22. Serafina May 24, 2017 at 19:29 #

PURE FANTASY <3

I love her jewelry and that she finally put her hair up and away

Aishwarya's blue dress was Queenly perfection and Elle's is the definition of fairytale princess

Both are stunning and are co-favorites of the festival

23. Ramsay May 24, 2017 at 19:29 #

Again for the 3rd day in a row – this is a perfect dress for Elle Fanning
    Would not love it on many others – but on her it’s perfect

24. Marie May 24, 2017 at 19:28 #

She keeps serving. I still love her green Gucci look better, but this is something. She looks amazing, ethereal. The makeup and jewellery are so on point. Stunning.

There is no question for me that her style-game is superior to Aishwarya’s. Her looks have been so diverse, but still always on point. Yes, Aishwarya did have THE princess-moment, but one Amazing look doesn’t beat a string of diverse, great looks like Elle has been presenting.

25. Caroline May 24, 2017 at 19:25 #

She’s everything. She has been delivering non-stop. This is honestly so mesmerizing I can’t put it into words. She looks like some lavender mermaid and that doesn’t even make sense because she’s out of this world. Unlike her sister Dakota, her poise and presence are everything, she looks ethereal no matter what she’s wearing and it so happens that everything she wears is stunning, stylish or full of class and elegance. I’m swooning, I know.

26. Chris May 24, 2017 at 19:23 #

Drop dead gorgeous. I like this a lot.

I think I’d rather vote for Elle than for Aishwarya for ‘Queen of Cannes’. Elle deserves it, she has had so many looks and has been so interesting and consistent. But I’m gonna wait for the rest of the festival before I make any definite decisions, obviously. Who knows, maybe Jessica has more looks as good as her Armani up her sleeve.

27. Alina May 24, 2017 at 19:20 #

I got chills looking at this. Wow. Wow. What a colour on her! How graceful she can be as a teenager… I’m in awe.

There is no doubt for me that she will be my Queen of Cannes this year.

In a world in which tackiness is glorified we need more Elles.

• Denise May 25, 2017 at 08:42 #

Your last sentence says it all.
      A girl full of talent and grace we all look forward to seeing in the future.

28. meme May 24, 2017 at 19:16 #