Menu

24.05.17 Premiere

‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

More fashionable femmes—specifically, the model set—were out in force for ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival premiere on Wednesday (May 24).

Cindy Bruna
: The French model stunned in a Georges Hobeika Couture petal-pink gown enlightened with allover glimmering embellishment. While the top was rather sheer, I was still taken by the gorgeous swoop of the undulating train, with Cindy of course striking the ultimate pose to breathe additional life into the dress.

Jasmine Tookes
: Subtly shaded in lavender, this Georges Chakra Spring 2017 Couture gown maintained the epitome of classic sophistication. I love the one-shoulder silhouette’s fresh, modern edge that was primarily imbued by the wrapped panels. Jimmy Choo heels and Boucheron jewels completed the effect that may have been on the more minimal side for Cannes but still made a mighty impact.

Elsa Hosk: The dreaded two Cs: creases and constriction. Not only did Elsa’s Alberta Ferretti gown appear to be the wrong size through the bodice, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many wrinkles on the red carpet. This dress certainly didn’t travel well and should have never passed ‘go’ on the red carpet, as just about anything else would have been a better last-minute option. Christian Louboutin ‘Benedetta’ sandals completed the look.

Liu Wen: While this gown had a sense of elegance, it could have used a bit of support in the bust area. The Chopard earrings would have been enough, as the necklace didn’t work with the neckline.

Hailey Baldwin
: This Ralph & Russo Spring 2017 Couture gown held some pretty strong potential, given its graphic-glam edge. I wish it hadn’t been slit so high to reveal the bodysuit underneath. Plus, that leg jut made the unfortunately clunky Stuart Weitzman ‘Swagger’ sandals all the more readily apparent. Hailey’s earrings, on the other hand, were absolutely dazzling.

Toni Garrn: I can see this cutout Galvan Pre-Fall 2017 dress fitting in just fine at a Victoria’s Secret after party, but for the Cannes red carpet, I would have expected more. Avakian jewels added sparkle to the standard, skin-is-in look.

Izabel Goulart
: There is little that Izabel can’t wear, but I wasn’t totally sold on this Roberto Cavalli Couture gown styled with Chopard jewels. Call it a new rush of sheer fatigue. Also, it was a lot of dress and a lot of hair. Perhaps a sleeker ponytail would have sufficed. However, I am certain that it was a work of art, with the intricate level of embellishment.

Credit: Getty

Kirsten Dunst In Schiaparelli Couture - ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kirsten Dunst In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 8 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 8 Of Cannes Film Festival?

20 Responses to ‘The Beguiled’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

1. kane May 29, 2017 at 21:53 #

Loving Jasmine’s look!

2. Lancel May 25, 2017 at 10:16 #

Jasmine is beautiful here. I love it. Isabel is also gorgeous but all that hair is a minus. The gown needed her hair up.

3. Alina May 25, 2017 at 06:18 #

Jasmine is easily in my top 3 of the night.

4. Pheephee May 25, 2017 at 01:52 #

Jasmine looks flawless!

5. Tenacious May 25, 2017 at 01:30 #

Elsa Hosk had potential for a WOW moment but the creases and fit of the top really ruined it for me. Such a shame as the styling, hair, and makeup were eon point with the look. Cindy is a bombshell in her dress and Jasmine looks beautiful.

6. Kelly May 25, 2017 at 01:26 #

Jasmine’s figure looks absolutely divine! That colour is gorgeous. I wish Hailey Baldwin would just…stop.

7. meme May 25, 2017 at 00:04 #

Hailey Baldwin is such a bore. There’s no there there. I only like Cindy’s dress here. The rest are meh.

8. Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 23:06 #

Jasmine Tookes’s look is a delight. So clean, elegant and flattering.

Hailey Baldwin sucks the life out of whatever she’s wearing. Honestly, she always looks bored to death to me. And those shoes need to go.

Liu Wen is an “almost”… I agree with FC’s issues about her look.

9. CreoleLady May 24, 2017 at 22:48 #

Jasmine Tookes, beautiful. As for some of the rest, this sheer madness must stop. I am not a fan of seeing nipples, butt cheeks, thongs, or granny panties on the Cannes or any red carpet. Tacky TMI is getting tired. Leave something to the imagination.

• Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 23:02 #

May someone hear you in fashion heaven to make linings rain on all of them unnecessarily sheer dresses.

10. Marie May 24, 2017 at 22:38 #

First row is amazing, they both look stunning in two very different ways.

Elsa – what did they do to this gown?! I can totally imagine this might be, actually, a really nice look! After some tailoring and ironing this could’ve blown me away! Who the hell is the idiot who let her leave the hotel like this?!
    It goes on with looks that have great potential being dramatically murdered by poor styling choices. Really, Izabel, anybody can see that you wear your hair up with a dress like this!

And then there’s Toni, who got lost on her way to the Miss Cannes-Beach after-party. My first thought upon seeing her was swimwear.

11. Jess May 24, 2017 at 22:31 #

Cindy and Jasmine look out of this world. Lui looks to be wearing Givenchy? It looks quite cheap though. And Toni…. just no.

12. Fanny May 24, 2017 at 22:23 #

I like Cindy and Jasmine here. Such a shame about Elsa’s dress as the whole look had great potential (loved her hair, makeup and jewellery).

13. JHH May 24, 2017 at 22:21 #

I don’t like any of these.

14. Caroline May 24, 2017 at 22:14 #

Love Cindy and Jasmine, they look flawless from head to toe.
    I imagine if Elsa’s gown wouldn’t have been so freaking wrinkled it would’ve been a Frozen princess moment but how come they let that happen??.
    I don’t like Liu Wen’s and Hailey’s dresses. Toni looks desperate and tacky and Izabel’s gown is dated.

15. Nat39 May 24, 2017 at 22:08 #

Jasmine Tookes.

• Christine May 24, 2017 at 22:47 #

16. Chris May 24, 2017 at 22:04 #

Considering what she wore to the Berlin Film Festival, I would have expected more from Toni at Cannes… that’s awful.
    Cindy and Jasmine look pretty.

• Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 23:09 #

You’re right. Granted, not all her looks will be at that level, but seeing what she can actually deliver makes this both bad AND disappointing.

17. dedel May 24, 2017 at 21:59 #

I love Cindy ! that’s the only Cannes worthy look from here.