Menu

Following her dramatic pink gown from yesterday evening, Kristin Scott Thomas toned things down for the 70th anniversary Cannes Film Festival celebration this evening (May 23).

If you’ve been looking for something non-princess-like, you might want to look away now.

The colour perfectly complements her pale English rose complexion, but the shape falls flat and does nothing for her.

Cannes isn’t exactly known for its subtlety, so I feel her accessory choices could have been bolder.

Subtle yes, but forgettable.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Naomi Campbell In Atelier Versace - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Naomi Campbell In Atelier Versace – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Adele Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Adele Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

18 Responses to Kristin Scott Thomas In Christian Dior Couture – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

1. Alex May 24, 2017 at 10:42 #

I ? This

2. Lisa May 24, 2017 at 02:24 #

She looks radiant, There would hardly be one by anyone which is unforgettable, anyway – unless something outrageous, or out-of-this-world kind.

3. Pheephee May 24, 2017 at 00:20 #

Lovely. Its surprisingly a really good look for her. Simple lovely.

4. fromchi-town May 23, 2017 at 23:58 #

I quite like it. That color is beautiful. I somehow never pictured her to wear a dress like this, so its a pleasant surprise. I think she looks beautiful.

5. Christine May 23, 2017 at 23:41 #

Meh

6. Leandra May 23, 2017 at 21:14 #

It is just another variation of the SAME dress that Maria send tirelessly on the Rc BUT it does looks surprisingly good on Kristy.

• Schoolbea May 23, 2017 at 22:55 #

It’s funny, because I’ve always thought that starting in a huge house like Dior in this case, designers tend to create a very recognizable aesthetic as soon as possible, and that easily translates sometimes as “the same dress”. But with this Dior, gosh, it really IS the same dress, lol.

• Leandra May 23, 2017 at 23:10 #

You’re totally right and that wouldn’t be an issue to me if it wasn’t the SAME sketch she used at Valentino, where it worked fantastically well it must be said. That is my only issue with her.

• VG May 24, 2017 at 02:29 #

YEP! She has brought nothing fresh or exciting to the house. Dior now looks like what Valentino used to look like. On the other hand, what Piccioli is creating on his own with Valentino is really interesting and beautiful (particularly the Spring/Summer 2017 couture collection). Sadly, it’s not as red carpet friendly so we haven’t seen it as much.

Back on topic – I do enjoy this look on Kristin lol. She looks lovely.

• charlotte May 24, 2017 at 03:48 #

Omg, you took the words right out of my mouth. Dior is morphing into the old Valentino since Maria came in.
        The only good thing she did is freeing Marion Cotillard from the bounds of Dior

7. meme May 23, 2017 at 21:06 #

it might be forgettable but she does look lovely and that color is wonderful on her.

8. CreoleLady May 23, 2017 at 21:04 #

A Dior that I like, shocker. The accessories leave me wanting a bit more but still, that color — unexpected, fabulously flattering. Nipped waist, flowing lines, spring chiffon, lined and lovely. I think she looks great.

9. kane May 23, 2017 at 21:03 #

I’d swap the clutch. She looks lovely, nothing more nothing less.

10. Caroline May 23, 2017 at 21:02 #

She looks divine.

11. gabis May 23, 2017 at 21:02 #

I think she looks stunning. Sometimes it’s just better to be forgotten in a pretty look than remembered as WDOTY.

12. TeaAtTwo May 23, 2017 at 20:56 #

I was dying to see this gown on the red carpet and while she looks nice it’s not as enchanting as I hoped.

13. Alina May 23, 2017 at 20:47 #

I like this. It’s far from being my favourite of the night, but it’s nice.

14. Chris May 23, 2017 at 20:44 #

Is it pretty and a good look for her? Yes! Will I remember it by the end of the day? I don’t think so, not on this crowded day.