Menu

Cannes Film Festival is serving as a fashion transition to superstar status for Elle Fanning, and that continued during the 70th anniversary celebration this evening (May 23).

The young actress wore a beautifully delicate Christian Dior Spring 2017 gown which was ever so charming and eye-catching, yet still youthful and fresh.

It’s always satisfying to see style growth.

Perhaps even more alluring is how comfortable she clearly feels wearing it.

I’m excited to see more from her.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Nicole Kidman In Armani Privé - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Nicole Kidman In Armani Privé – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Naomi Campbell In Atelier Versace - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Naomi Campbell In Atelier Versace – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

28 Responses to Elle Fanning In Christian Dior Couture – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

1. Martina May 25, 2017 at 13:40 #

Could be her best look this year in Cannes, absolutely gorgeous!! :))

2. Crystalline May 24, 2017 at 16:36 #

Such a youthful look and memorable. Love the colourful embroidery throughout the dress. Does she still work with the same stylist as Lily James?

3. amy May 24, 2017 at 11:55 #

what a doll. she’s on fire. serious contender for queen of Cannes

4. charlotte May 24, 2017 at 03:59 #

Her stylist Samatha Mcmillan is on fire and so is she.
    they snatched the most gorgeous gown from this collection with the most stunning craftmenship.
    Those flowers are made from dyed feathers while imitating the great impressionist works of Monet.
    I’m calling it,she is offically the breakout star this year.

5. Pheephee May 24, 2017 at 00:30 #

She is so consistent. She is reminding me of Diane Kruger when she was knocking it out fashion-wise a while back over n over again.
    Not that Diane is a slouch now or anything. Love that woman.
    Anyways, this is flawless and clearly perfect for her style. I am so impressed by her

• yumey May 25, 2017 at 08:52 #

I agree with you 100%
      Elle is so consistent with almost all her outings. She looks breathtakingly gorgeous here.
      J’adore.

6. Christine May 23, 2017 at 23:40 #

She’s on a roll!! Loving this

7. Marie May 23, 2017 at 22:18 #

She’s really on a roll. This might not be better than her Gucci gown, but still very beautiful and original. I’m considering her a strong contender for Queen of Cannes by now, because such consistency-without-repetition is remarkable.

• Leandra May 23, 2017 at 22:58 #

She exceeded herself and surpassed most of the veterans. It has been a pleasure to watch her.

8. from-chitown May 23, 2017 at 21:30 #

This is surprisingly good for a Dior. She looks beautiful and princess-y but I wish she did something else with the hair.

9. Caroline May 23, 2017 at 21:04 #

She is literally a princess. This is everything. She’s always floating above the red carpet like the fairy she is. One of the few girls who can make me love any piece of couture.

10. gabis May 23, 2017 at 21:03 #

Flawless is the word and I could expect no less from her. Cannes Queen for sure.

11. Noora May 23, 2017 at 20:58 #

She easily is having the best Cannes run so far

12. Ramsay May 23, 2017 at 20:56 #

Really princessy
    I wish there was a messy /young updo

13. Nat39 May 23, 2017 at 20:48 #

It’s not nearly as breathtaking and note-worthy as her Zuhair Murad last year at Cannes, I doubt I’m going to remember this, but it’s lovely and youthfully romantic and suits her, she is doing very nicely.

14. Ari May 23, 2017 at 20:47 #

Elle has been magnificent at this whole festival. She’s been the one who I can’t wait to see what her next look is, and have just been delighted every time. With this look, I feel like the runway version almost is like a picture in a fairytale book and then Elle just becomes a real life princess on the carpet.

15. Leandra May 23, 2017 at 20:44 #

She took the best Dior. EVER. I really love this outing. Im surprised how much I like this dress.

• Schoolbea May 23, 2017 at 22:29 #

My favourite Dior in a long time, too. It’s exquisite, and the colours took me by surprise.

She looks like a dream. One of my favourite looks of the festival.

• LeeAnn May 24, 2017 at 10:22 #

This dress is a riff on a dress that Christian Dior designed originally . Raf also did a version. It is dresses like this that let me see the potential that MG has .

• Schoolbea May 24, 2017 at 12:35 #

This is when Dior Is DIOR, then. Standing on the shoulders of giants. I haven’t seen the original but this looks like a masterful rendition, I’m returning to this post regularly just to see it again…

16. TeaAtTwo May 23, 2017 at 20:42 #

Another beautiful look served up by Elle

17. Saumya May 23, 2017 at 20:41 #

I’ve been dying to see this gown on the red carpet ever since this collection came out, and Elle does it justice! She looks absolutely gorgeous here!

18. Fanny May 23, 2017 at 20:40 #

I love this! Especially with the simple styling. Best look of the night so far.

19. kane May 23, 2017 at 20:39 #

Awww, I love this!

20. Ale May 23, 2017 at 20:30 #

She is a princess!
    This is elegant but so relaxed at the same time. I love it.

• anonymous as always May 24, 2017 at 00:57 #

21. Alina May 23, 2017 at 20:27 #

Give her all the awards! *insert meme here*

Elle has been the most consistent actress at Cannes this year. She’s been serving a variety of styles and succeeded and pulling all of them off.

Case in point. A beautiful princess gown which could have boring on someone else, but Elle makes it work with her fresh approach to fashion and just overall enthusiasm.

May she have a long career because she needs to rock them red carpets.

22. Chris May 23, 2017 at 20:26 #

It’s a really cute look. She looks incredibly beautiful.
    It seems like Dior has saved all their good looks for this one event. lol