Menu

Adele Exarchopoulos was of course wearing Louis Vuitton for the 70th anniversary screening during Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 23), selecting a fresh-off-the-runway look from the Resort 2018 collection.

I’m not entirely sure this look is working for me. And considering I love anything that sparkles, this is surprising.

The dress itself is quite dull without the runway styling, which is starting to make sense now

Also, I was very underwhelmed with Adele’s choice of accessories.

Matchy matchy didn’t work in this case.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Kristin Scott Thomas In Christian Dior Couture - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Kristin Scott Thomas In Christian Dior Couture – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Uma Thurman In Prada - Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

Uma Thurman In Prada – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

16 Responses to Adele Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton – Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Celebration

1. james May 24, 2017 at 12:18 #

Is she still pregnant?

2. charlotte May 24, 2017 at 02:42 #

Everything is wrong.
    From the dress to her accessory to her makeup.
    LV has no clue as how to do red carpet fashion,First they messed up with Fan Bingbing and now this,I have no words for these people

3. charlotte May 24, 2017 at 02:36 #

Everything about this look is wrong.
    The dress is cool and edgy on its own merits but I don’t think it would be a good choice on the red carpet.For this occasion,you need something more grand to show your respect.
    Adele’s makeup is so bad she looked ill to me. her accesoraries are not helping either.
    First,LV messed up Fan bingbing’s look, and then this. I have no words for these people

4. Pheephee May 24, 2017 at 00:18 #

Meh. Thats all I have.

5. Christine May 23, 2017 at 23:42 #

Not for Cannes

6. Charlotte May 23, 2017 at 21:37 #

The dress looks unfinished.

7. meme May 23, 2017 at 21:34 #

I don’t like it and it reminds me of that awful gold flapper dress Nicole Kidman wore one year.

8. Alina May 23, 2017 at 21:10 #

This is a better cool look than the one Kristen S. tried to pull off, but it’s still not there.

9. Leandra May 23, 2017 at 21:09 #

I love the dress itself and this was Nicholas’ best collection for LV so far ( I watched it like 20 times, and I truly recommend it. The sound track and location were fantastic as well ) BUT it should have been customized for the occasion.

• Chris May 23, 2017 at 21:31 #

oh, I love that LV collection as well and agree it’s his best so far!

• Leandra May 23, 2017 at 21:53 #

THAT location !!! Shame on Dior’s desert. Such strong images ,,,, I loved the clothes so much… I was LITERALLY almost crying with so much beauty all around (believe me, it never ocurred to me before. Surely there must have been some personal issues playing at same time that made me so emotional, but still …)

• Chris May 23, 2017 at 22:02 #

I agree. Especially since it was right after Dior’s show, it had me like… current Dior could never. I feel like the location was one of the most stunning fashion show locations ever. I always like to watch the LV shows on the livestreams on the website first before I look at photos of it online, because the shows always excite me, but they truly outdid themselves with this one. I love the clothes as well. Not all of them might be red carpet appropriate, as usually the issue with LV, but I loved it all.

• Leandra May 23, 2017 at 22:10 #

And that song ( I wrongly thought it was Betty Ditto…) is still reverberating in my mind :
            “Your love is ultra magnetic and it’s taking over
            This is hardcore
            And I’m indestructible”

10. Jerusa May 23, 2017 at 21:05 #

Is that black underwear I spot? Don’t like this at all.

11. Caroline May 23, 2017 at 21:02 #

This isn’t bad, just not Cannes appropriate imo.

12. Chris May 23, 2017 at 20:59 #

The dress isn’t bad, but it’s really not event appropriate, not for the most important evening at Cannes; styling and hair also feel lackluster. It looks more like she got lost on her way to the Cannes beach photocall.
    Isabelle Huppert got the good LV at this event.