Menu

Chopard, Vanity Fair and HBO Cannes Parties

A Vanity Fair and HBO dinner party was held on Saturday (May 20) as part of the 2017 Cannes Film Festival, with a group of glamorous gals in attendance.

Julianne Moore: While the actress did stick to a darker colour palette, she brought a dose of whimsical fun in this Chanel Resort 2017 embellished gown with multi-hued, feathered pouf sleeves. Exchanging the pink sash for a black one along with a sleek bun and Chopard jewels ensured plenty of her signature modern elegance was brought to the table.

Lily Collins: Debuting a blunt bang, Lily reflected her newfound edge in this Prabal Gurung Fall 2017 sheer dress styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Body Strass’ pumps. Given her previous two Cannes looks, I had high hopes that the feminine glamour would continue. This is not what I had on mind. On the bright side, her black underwear was a marginal improvement over the runway’s nude pair.

Kendall Jenner: Kendall hit a striking pose in this Ronald van der Kemp Spring 2017 Couture design, showing us how to wear a short dress at Cannes and wear it well. With structured ruffles and statement shoulders, the frock had a slight Eighties bent from the experimental Amsterdam designer. But, what I really love is the mod, cool-girl edge with which she wore it, given her sculpted topknot and big earring baubles.

Charlotte Casiraghi: We’ve seen a few of these Saint Laurent Fall 2017 ruffled minis at Cannes, and this one wasn’t particularly enthralling, especially not with styling that seemingly was nothing more than an afterthought.

Tilda Swinton: Continuing to impress, Tilda embraced an elegant sense of quirkiness in this Loewe Fall 2017 mixed polka dot dress styled with an Olympia Le -Tan ‘Alfred Hitchcock’ clutch.

Eva Longoria: With this Eva sighting at Cannes, I was left wishing for more, even if her Kaufmanfranco Resort 2017 nude gown with silver mesh paneling was fine for the dinner party. We will have to wait and see what she brings on the red carpet.

Jessica Chastain: I didn’t love the fit or the puckered fabric of this Ralph Lauren white plunge gown, although Jessica’s wavy locks and sparkling necklace were a lovely way to take attention away from it.

Salma Hayek: It was Salma’s Boucheron collar neckpiece that clearly did all the talking, as the Saint Laurent slit black gown was simply the canvas for such an extravagant piece.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Killing Of A Sacred Deer' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Killing Of A Sacred Deer’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Annabelle Wallis In Givenchy & Emilio Pucci - 'The Mummy' Sydney Premiere

Annabelle Wallis In Givenchy & Emilio Pucci – ‘The Mummy’ Sydney Premiere

13 Responses to Chopard, Vanity Fair and HBO Cannes Parties

1. Dhppy May 23, 2017 at 01:57 #

I love Julianne Moore’s gown, and once again Kendall Jenner is surprising me with a look that I like on her.

Tilda really understands her style. She never seems to be wearing something that others have foisted upon her. She looks perfectly at ease in whatever she wears.

2. Tenacious May 23, 2017 at 01:37 #

Juliannne looks phenomenal! As does Kendall, she is wearing that dress so well!

3. Alina May 22, 2017 at 20:45 #

Julianne Moore ???

Jessica Chastain posted a photo of this outfit with a blazer on and I prefer it with that addition.

4. Charlotte May 22, 2017 at 20:05 #

Kendall Jenner,Tilda Swinton and her +1 are the best here.

5. Christine May 22, 2017 at 19:55 #

This is Juilanne’s best look! Love it so much! Even BDOTW worthy.

Tilda and Salma also look great.

6. Nadia99 May 22, 2017 at 19:28 #

I love:
    – Julianne
    – Tilda
    – Salma

What happened, Lily?

7. Pheephee May 22, 2017 at 19:25 #

I usually despise what Julianne is wearing and her sloppy styling but this one is great. Great dress, awesome sleeves. Good coloring for her plus she did something with her hair.
    Lilys is poor. She has better standards than this.
    Kendall looks cute. love the earrings.
    The rest meh.

8. Caroline May 22, 2017 at 19:18 #

I’m loving Julianne and Jessica.

9. Trinny May 22, 2017 at 18:25 #

Julianne looks great as always, Kendall’s earrings look nice here and complement her dress. Lily’s look is awful, and I’m rather “meh” about the other three looks.

10. LeeAnn May 22, 2017 at 18:21 #

Maybe it’s the angle but Julianne looks like she is kneeling or very short with a big head .

11. Ale May 22, 2017 at 18:07 #

Julianne is my favorite.
    I don’t like Lily’s dress, even if it’s better on her than on the runway, I was expecting something better from her.

12. Chris May 22, 2017 at 18:04 #

I LOVE Julianne’s look! She’s had a really great festival run.
    I like Tilda and Kendall as well here.

Lily Collins on the other hand… this is one of the rare moments where you can tell that she has the same stylists as Emily Ratajkowski and Jennifer Lopez. What I mean is, that dress is really tacky. I don’t like the hair either.

13. meme May 22, 2017 at 18:01 #

I loathe what Lily Collins is wearing and I love what Kendall is wearing. The rest are so lackluster or poorly executed.