Menu

Elle Fanning joined Nicole Kidman for the ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties’ premiere during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival this afternoon (May 21).

Ornate crystal embellishment brought sparkle, shine and glamour to this gorgeous floor-sweeping tulle gown from Gucci.

Giving yet another nod to the films era with some flower power, I love the big gown natural hair and makeup comb; keeping the look fresh and youthful.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Wedding

Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Wedding

Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

31 Responses to Elle Fanning In Gucci – ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. LittlePaperStars May 22, 2017 at 19:48 #

Major kudos to Sam McMillen, she’s knocking it out the park with Elle so far this festival.

2. Catherine Descoteaux May 22, 2017 at 09:42 #

Elle is definitely one of my new favourites at Cannes! I’m so happy she signed with L’oreal so we can be sure to see her for years to come!! She looks like and angel, and who else just loves when co-stars’ looks compliment each other!

3. yumey May 22, 2017 at 07:25 #

Elle looks ethereal and so beautiful.
    She’s always delivers in my book. This look totally captures her, young, fun and simply perfect.

4. Christine May 22, 2017 at 05:17 #

This is so nice. Great gown for Elle!

5. charlotte May 22, 2017 at 02:16 #

Elle is clearly ‘on steroids’ at Cannes!WOW!
    she has never looked this good ever. I couldn’t think of a more worthy candidate to rock this Gucci dress. The embellishments and the flowers on the hem look like a breezy spring dream and Elle was totally enchanting in it.
    Youthful, beautiful and a pinch of girlish charm,I’m so in LOVE.

6. Dhppy May 22, 2017 at 01:48 #

I hate the flowers at the hem, but otherwise this is amazing. It looks so much better without the darker netting and sleeves.

7. Ari May 22, 2017 at 00:30 #

I LOVE this look, her and her team have been hitting it out of the park at this festival.

8. Juan May 22, 2017 at 00:25 #

I was waiting to see this particular dress on the red carpet and luckily Elle wore it. This is one is perfection to me, BDOTY!

9. lmkw May 21, 2017 at 22:50 #

Beautiful. Bohemian chic.

10. Amy May 21, 2017 at 21:25 #

Elle is a living doll. This dress is so lovely on her. Gucci is hard to pull off these days but she did it with panache

11. Pheephee May 21, 2017 at 20:34 #

This is so wonderfully delightful! I love it and it totally suits her style. She made a fall dress into a spring dress and its perfect. Love this!!

• SilentVisitor May 22, 2017 at 02:27 #

Gucci has been hard to wear lately ……… Selma Hayek…… but Elle looks incredible!!! this is so WOW

12. Caroline May 21, 2017 at 19:59 #

She’s a fairy. The only times I’ve ever loved current Gucci gowns was last year at her Neon Demon premiere and now. This is beautiful. Ethereal. Best dressed today.

13. Susie May 21, 2017 at 19:29 #

Really lovely! After all of the heavily embellished Ellie Saab gowns and princess poufs, this look is a breath of fresh air. I love the floral details at the hem. Elle is one of the few people who can make Gucci work.

14. Ramsay May 21, 2017 at 18:50 #

This is the perfect dress for Elle Fanning

15. Aocc May 21, 2017 at 18:33 #

Festival Queen 🙂

16. gabis May 21, 2017 at 18:28 #

I’m not a big fan of the side boob but other than that it’s really a breathtaking look. BDOTW worthy.

17. Marie May 21, 2017 at 18:23 #

The moment I saw this post I was blown away, screeching out loud ‘omg she looks amazing!!!’
    I love everything about this, the colour is great against her skin, the design is dramatic, yet so fresh and original!
    There is not a single thing I could nit-pick, she is a vision and it’s even so much more beautiful on her than on the runway, where it looks barely wearable.
    Eleven out of ten, this is my new favourite look of this years Cannes so far, going straight on my BDOTY list!!!

18. Jess May 21, 2017 at 18:17 #

My fav dress from the collection, just gorgeous. Best of Cannes for me so far!

19. TeaAtTwo May 21, 2017 at 18:15 #

It’s a stunning and interesting gown, I love the hem. She looks really good though I wonder what Naomie Harris would have looked like in this.

20. Chris May 21, 2017 at 18:09 #

I love it! That was my favorite gown from that collection and I’m happy it ended up on Elle. So beautiful.

21. anonymous as always May 21, 2017 at 17:55 #

I love the pale colors she is choosing. They much her own colors and skin tone perfectly and look so young and fresh.
    I can’t say I am a huge fan of the dress, but she makes it work, and she does look lovely overall, so I am ok with it.

• anonymous as always May 21, 2017 at 19:00 #

oups –> match not much XD

22. CAE426 May 21, 2017 at 17:54 #

Lovely. If Aishwarya is Queen of Cannes then Elle should be Princess!

23. Ale May 21, 2017 at 17:53 #

Ok, I love this girl, I am considering her to Cannes Festival Queen.
    I love everything about this, so fresh and youthful.
    And I have to say, when Gucci does it right, it’s fabulous (like her gown at the Neon Demon premiere, Anya Taylor-Joy’s at the BAFTAs and Nicole Kidman’s dress at the SAGs).
    Stunning!

24. Alina May 21, 2017 at 17:51 #

The dress is quite intriguing and could have been a disaster on the wrong hands. Elle’s grace and natural approach make it work.

• Schoolbea May 21, 2017 at 18:19 #

I couldn’t agree more. I could see this going down a very tacky route, but in her it looks so fresh and delicate.

• Nadia99 May 21, 2017 at 19:33 #

She looks gorgeous!

25. Nat39 May 21, 2017 at 17:49 #

Can’t say I’m blown away, but this is fresh and beautiful. The soft colour is lovely on Elle, and I love the flowers adorning the hem for a youthfully romantic touch. She is a breath of fresh spring air. Well done.

• Leandra May 21, 2017 at 20:01 #

I completely agree.

26. Charlotte May 21, 2017 at 17:43 #

Gorgeous !
    It’s been a while since I liked a Gucci gown, this one is beautiful and perfect on Elle Fanning.