Menu

Araya A. Hargate has continued to be a formidable fashion force at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival, with her maternity style not holding her back one bit.

For the screening of ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ on Sunday (May 21), she showed off her burgeoning bump in the most figure-skimming look we’ve seen thus far from her.

Yet, the form-hugging silhouette of this Alexis Mabille Fall 2014 Couture gown was dramatically put in beautiful balance by the sculpted bodice and extravagant, quilted cape train that trailed behind her.

Diamond and emerald Chopard jewels brought the thrill of Cannes-worthy shine to the look.

Regal—nearly theatrical—elegance at its finest.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture - ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Araya A. Hargate In Alexis Mabille Couture – ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. H May 22, 2017 at 19:31 #

I think she has looked fantastic even if this is somewhat different wuth the way the cape is done. It take risks to deliver and she has taken them.

2. Viral Vora May 22, 2017 at 12:57 #

This would be perfect for a cannes screening of Gone with the wind – a sort of homage to Scarlett and the drapes moment. the quilting is too pronounced and takes it to a costume territory rather than being fashion. pull the bed covers off and she looks stunning! this is maternity fashion done right

3. yumey May 22, 2017 at 07:35 #

Give this girl an Award please!
    Araya should be applauded for her consistency to look flawless every time.
    Her red carpet game is strong.

• BB May 25, 2017 at 19:45 #

She owns it on the red carpet, every time!!

4. Christine May 22, 2017 at 05:20 #

Reminds me of the Christian Dior Bella Hadid bedspread look.

5. Crystalline May 22, 2017 at 04:12 #

Not sure about this. I wanted to love this unpredictable look but the IMHO this is a little bit costumey. More suitable for this year’s Met Gala as the red hue of the cape suits the theme really well. But I want to appreciate her effort on this one, and kudos to Araya for bringing something unique and not sticking to the boring puffy big ball gowns.

6. charlotte May 22, 2017 at 02:06 #

A for effort.
    As much as I love Araya, those quilted trains are such a turn-off.
    This type of fabric should never be made into clothing.
    I’ve said this once and I will say it again,her commitment to couture and consistant glamour really moved me that I shall name her my queen of Cannes this year.

7. Pheephee May 22, 2017 at 01:01 #

I love her willingness to try different things. She looks fabulous!
    I like the unique fabric, I think its working at giving the dress a fresh new look.
    She does so so well at Cannes I might just give her the Queen of Cannes title!

8. Nat39 May 21, 2017 at 22:18 #

Wow, I thought she was done yesterday. But here she is delivering Cannes-worthy drama yet again! I like how unusual design is and the emerald jewels are a delight. She owns it!

9. Amy May 21, 2017 at 21:21 #

Her boobs are so squashed in this frock and I’m not a fan of the Red fabric. Still, she gets a pass because she’s trying unlike most attendees. Pregnancy ain’t stopping her.

10. TeaAtTwo May 21, 2017 at 21:10 #

I usually hate quilted but she’s selling the look to me.

11. meme May 21, 2017 at 20:28 #

she looks like she’s walking around wrapped in a bedspread.

12. ChristinA May 21, 2017 at 20:06 #

Strangely enough, I don’t mind the quilted fabric; I thought it looked quite nice on Bella Hadid earlier on in the festival and it is ok on Araya. I am not a fan of the tight nude skirt: it makes me think of a spanx dress. I would have liked this dress more if it were all in the same colour, even if that means compromising (or taking away entirely) the contrast element.

13. Caroline May 21, 2017 at 19:57 #

This was very much needed drama. I love it. I applaud her. She’s been serving.

• AnnieOh May 21, 2017 at 21:00 #

• Tenacious May 21, 2017 at 21:25 #

14. TinaL May 21, 2017 at 19:56 #

Her makeup and hair are flawless. The dress could be stunning, but like everyone else said, the red blanket like fabric is a huge let down.

15. Marie May 21, 2017 at 19:56 #

I’m amazed by the variety she’s bringing to the rc, she tries something new every time and it’s always working for her.
    Can’t say this is her best (that’s definitely the Zuhair Murad from yesterday) but she’s still working it. Yes, the train could be a better fabric, yes, the jewellery could fit better colour-wise, but she still looks great, there’s no denying it.
    And this constant change, not playing it safe but serving up new, fresh choices on every event and owning the hell out of them every single time is what makes her my Queen of Cannes.

• Schoolbea May 21, 2017 at 23:40 #

That constant change and consistency of flawless presentation are to be applauded, indeed. She is my Queen of Cannes so far, too.

Even if I don’t like this particular dress. But she could sell anything to me at this point.

16. Leandra May 21, 2017 at 19:54 #

The train really looks like a bed spread, albeit a very expensive one but in Couture we can accept this kind of kooky things. Her boobs look as if they were smashed and deflated.
    The idea is really good, it looks divine on the model , kind of Empress Josefine’s attire but the execution for Araya was somehow flawed.

17. Nadia99 May 21, 2017 at 19:30 #

I see whe are continuing the trend of wearing quilts as dresses.
    For some reason I really don’t mind it when I see Araya.

18. Ale May 21, 2017 at 19:07 #

She is always trying different things, and I admire her for that.
    I can’t say I love this as much as I did her latest look, but she has an impecable maternity style. Bravo!

19. Alina May 21, 2017 at 19:06 #

I don’t think this dress is the best she has done thus far, but bless her for being the hardest working woman at Cannes this year. The effort she and her team put in her red carpet appearances needs to be appreciated and emulated.

20. Chris May 21, 2017 at 18:54 #

I hate that quilted fabric. Not a good fabric for a train like that at all. If the train was in a more flowy fabric, this could have been absolutely amazing. I still overall like it and her beauty look is gorgeous as always, but most of the time, my eyes always go back to that messy train.

21. Laetitia May 21, 2017 at 18:52 #

Whats that? Blanket?

22. Ramsay May 21, 2017 at 18:49 #

The red fabric is like a bed cover