Menu

20.05.17

Chopard Space Party

Galactic with a touch of diamonds was said to be the dress code of the Chopard SPACE Party, co-hosted by Rihanna, during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival on Friday (May 19), and the stars in attendance indeed delivered a constellation of looks appropriately dusted with Chopard jewels.

Bella Hadid: Lest you think Bella had turned a corner with a newly modest style after the ‘Okja’ premiere, her Roberto Cavalli Couture slit-to-thigh gown promptly signaled her return to the leg jut. But, it was necessary to show off her custom-made Rene Caovilla gladiator sandals. I always find satin a challenging fabric, and that was evidenced here. Futuristically winged eyeliner finished the look.

Adriana Lima: Looking impossibly regal, Adriana struck a divine note in this Reem Acra Spring 2018 Bridal gown that would never be confused for a wedding dress. I was in awe of the glamour that exuded form the embellished top and dramatic, caped split sleeve.

Kendall Jenner: I love the sculptural mood of this shimmering Ralph & Russo Spring 2017 Couture design that could certainly pass for space-age sophistication.

Julianne Moore: She kept it classic in a black Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2017 dress that relied on statement balloon sleeves and a flared skirt for visual impact.

Araya Hargate: Araya has fluctuated back and forth with her Cannes maternity style, either showing off her bump or disguising it. Here, she celebrated it in full force with an Ashi Studio Fall 2017 sheer lace gown that was nothing if not risk-taking look—with a romantic sensibility intertwined within it.

Arizona Muse: This Elie Saab Fall 2017 intricate lace-embroidered gown may have sat a bit low on the bust, but I was too enthralled by its ravishing violet hue to notice.

Winnie Harlow: I was having a bit of déjà vu with this red Zuhair Murad Spring 2017 Couture gown, as Winnie wore a similar voluminous creation from the same collection just yesterday. The second time was the charm for this one, as I much preferred the bolder attitude and sassy spirit of this dress, especially when iced with a beautiful emerald and diamond necklace.

Isabelle Huppert: Not only was this Nina Ricci gown in dire need of a good steamer, the tight fit of the bra and its colour compromised the look even further.

Petra Nemcova: All-over, colourful sequins made this Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2017 asymmetric gown the ultimate Skittles fashion dress. I love how she brought in the theme with her braided ’do, completing the compelling look with a glorious red lip.

Sara Sampaio: Walking on the goth side of glamour, Sara and her dramatic dark lips looked to the Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture collection for inspiration in this sheer, embellished gown. We’ve seen sheer moments like this plenty before, with the visible underpinnings present and accounted for.

Isabeli Fontana: Her Elie Saab Spring 2017 sparkly jumpsuit was literally star-studded, and it was an intriguing change of pace for the party after a sea of slits and sheer.

Paz Vega: Also relying on the powers of a flashy jumpsuit, Paz likewise put on an Elie Saab Spring 2017 number—and she looked quite ready to party as a result.

Credit: Getty

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

End of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

End of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

17 Responses to Chopard Space Party

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 04:28 #

Adriana and Isabeli Fontana are my favorites from this bunch

2. Schoolbea May 20, 2017 at 16:14 #

Adriana looks wonderful, but something about her face is giving me the creeps. Could it be the lighting?

Petra and Paz look amazing to me, and they’re both following the theme, so extra points for that!

3. Jerusa Herrera May 20, 2017 at 14:26 #

Oh FC Cannes, live in general its not the same without you! Thank you so much for your excellent job and dedication.

4. yumey May 20, 2017 at 10:47 #

Adriana looks breathtaking and majestic!

• Fiona-Brasil May 20, 2017 at 12:24 #

+1.

5. Sarah May 20, 2017 at 08:38 #

Where’s Rihanna? She came to the party. Her necklace was amazing.

6. Alina May 20, 2017 at 04:28 #

Adriana is my favourite here. Simply stunning.

P.S.: The upper part of the dress is similar to the one of a dress worn by JLo.

7. Rome May 20, 2017 at 03:49 #

Kendall’s gown looks like the gown Priyanka Chopra wore to the Oscars this past year.

8. Pheephee May 20, 2017 at 03:35 #

Adriana looks sooo regal. Im in love with it. I barely recognized her but I just love everything about it h2t.

9. charlotte May 20, 2017 at 03:10 #

Bella: eyesore,and perdictable
    Adriana: Those split sleeves are such a blunt copy of Fan Bingbing’s Ralph& Russo gown back in 2015,that being said,Adriana did look very regal in here.
    Kendall: one of her best looks in a really long time,the dress fits her like a glove.
    Julianne: she desperately needs some lip color to brighten up the entire look
    Araya: I love this gal,she is clearly following the path of Fan Bingbing and Sonam Kapoor by sticking to couture brands,however this white lace gown is just wrong on so many levels,those distracting white panel on her belly looks like medical pads to me.
    Arizona: Divine color and detail on the dress,I wish the styling was more sophisticated.
    Winnie:lady ,you could at least try something more interesting,this is Cannes,for crying out loud.
    Isabelle:Whoever threw this abomination on Miss Huppert should be condemned,not only is the dress ill-fitting,the color and the lace top screams dated and tacky.Not to mention those unfortunate creases.
    Petra: Stunning! finally a look well-executed,she is the best dressed of this event IMO
    Sara: Snoozefest.

Isabeli: Modern,edgy and fun,well done.
    Paz: I’m still trying to figure out her hair here.

10. Caroline May 20, 2017 at 02:04 #

Kendall is my favorite here.

11. Tenacious May 20, 2017 at 01:34 #

Adriana looks divine. She’s my favorite from the bunch. I like that she didn’t opt for something sexy like a lot of the models. I also like Kendall’s dress but it would suit someone else better I think, it looses the wow factor on her.

12. alvarospain May 20, 2017 at 01:29 #

I like Paz Vega and Sara Sampaio.

• alvarospain May 21, 2017 at 22:42 #

Isabelle Huppert WDOTY contender.

13. Nat39 May 20, 2017 at 01:29 #

O no, Araya, not this time around…
    Isabeli Fontana is my fave of the bunch.

14. Hermoine May 20, 2017 at 01:14 #

Wow FC you are doing an awesome job with the postings!!! Gold medal for you
    My favorite if this bunch is Adriana