Menu

19.05.17 Photocall

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

I know Jessica Chastain and Fan Bingbing are the official ones-to-watch during Cannes festival, but I would add Tilda Swinton to that list too.

The actress joined co-star Lily Collins for the ‘Okja’ photocall this afternoon (May 19) wearing Haider Ackermann.

This is how you dress your muse. Others should take note.

Tailored to the chicest proportions with a nipped-in waist, this serves as a timeless, yet modern and sophisticated take on suiting.

The colour is so fresh, the style is so elegant that I’m beyond excited to see her look for this evening.

Dior shades and cream pumps completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Lily Collins In Johanna Ortiz - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Lily Collins In Johanna Ortiz – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Chopard x Rihanna Dinner Party

Chopard x Rihanna Dinner Party

28 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 03:51 #

This is so boring

2. CreoleLady May 19, 2017 at 23:05 #

I like this, much better than the white gown she wore. This color is spectacular on her whereas in white she looks like death warmed over to me. Those shoes though, a true missed opportunity. I see a pair of Sophia Websters taking this to another level

3. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2017 at 17:48 #

I really like the colour on her and the fit and cut of the jacket are exquisite

4. charlotte May 19, 2017 at 14:25 #

This suit fits her like a glove,the color is so fresh and exudes summery fumes. She looked so cool and badass with those killer frames.
    and yes,this is how you should dress your muse,I hope Nicolas Ghesquiere is taking notes right now.
    With lily and Tilda both on the red carpet tonight, Tomorrow’s best dressed poll will be very interesting.

5. Ale May 19, 2017 at 14:18 #

She is so consistent, always chooses the perfect tailored pieces that suits her so well. I really like this.

6. Leandra May 19, 2017 at 14:15 #

This exquisite tailoring and more formal silhouette seems to confirm the rumors mr Ackerman is heading to Chanel. This outing is like a ” trying the waters” IMO.

• charlotte May 19, 2017 at 14:27 #

what? Dose that mean he will replace Karl as the creative director?

• Andrea May 19, 2017 at 14:46 #

Karl is not getting younger, sooner or later someone would have to replace him. According to published reports Chanel presented its Resort collection in Paris due to Karl’s health.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 15:12 #

I thought the show was in Paris because the Minister of Commerce ( ?) had suggested that big houses like Chanel ; LV ; Dior would make more of a favour to the city( economically ) if they show there. Given the other 2 chose not to follow it you probably are in the right. I hope not, I love Karl. BUT, at the finale of the Fendi couture show in Rome he was looking so frail I started to worry.

• meme May 19, 2017 at 17:36 #

Oh please let it be so. Lagerfeld has ruined Chanel.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 17:57 #

Girlfriend , are you crazy ? He MADE Chanel. He’s so loved there that the owners said they will sell the house when he leaves.
          Although I esteem your opinion, I think it can’t be that bad when they sell almost 2 billion €/ year in clothes alone. 🙂

• LeeAnn May 19, 2017 at 16:51 #

I wish he had gone to Dior. The jacket is such a nice riff on the bar jacket.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 17:16 #

You’re right. I thought exactly the same.

• VG May 19, 2017 at 23:38 #

Karl is a legend and everything he creates at Chanel is a masterpiece (despite what people say) but he has to be replaced eventually and Haider replacing him is making me salivate! That what be amazing! He truly is one of my favourite designers!

7. Caroline May 19, 2017 at 14:08 #

I love this on her.

8. LeeAnn May 19, 2017 at 13:59 #

You know it’s funny , I love this on her and think the minimalist styling stops it from being mumsy but had the DOC worn this I would have hated it

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 14:12 #

That’s because the duchess doesn’t have one tenth of this woman’s chutzpah…

• charlotte May 19, 2017 at 14:17 #

+1,Exactly darling.

• Leeann May 19, 2017 at 16:49 #

I know she sucks the life out of every garment she wears

9. anonymous as always May 19, 2017 at 13:46 #

This is fresh, elegant, age appropriate yet modern. I love the color!!!
    I have high expectations from her tonight! I really hope she can be the first to make me love a look at this year’s Cannes…

10. Chris May 19, 2017 at 13:37 #

Love this.

11. Alina May 19, 2017 at 13:34 #

Quintessential Tilda.

I’m hoping to be wowed by her choice tonight.

12. Robert May 19, 2017 at 13:31 #

This is so not her. Boring. She is capable of much more daring and fun looks than this. This is just too Queen Elizabeth.

• Hermoine May 19, 2017 at 13:45 #

Exactly what I was thinking, very mumsy. Ladies who lunch???

• JHH May 19, 2017 at 15:36 #

I agree. This is very mumsy. I want to like but ultimately, it’s jut so boring other than the color. And of all things, I can’t get with the sleeves. They should be a bit shorter — this always the challenge with bracelet sleeves. They can look like too short long sleeves and that is the case here.

• Schoolbea May 19, 2017 at 15:47 #

I agree too. Very Queen Elizabeth, that made my day XD

• Lee Ann May 19, 2017 at 16:53 #

It is at first glance but look at the skirt from the side and the corseting of the jacket. If the skirt had been simple A line and the jacket not as interesting it definitely would have been in Hobbs territory .

• Schoolbea May 19, 2017 at 21:18 #

I see what you mean. Thank you for pointing out the details. I think they’re exquisite, really, I still feel something could be more daring in this look, considering it is Tilda, and it is Cannes.