Menu

19.05.17

Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Following Chopard party last night, Rihanna stepped out for the ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening (May 19).

Unfortunately I didn’t like this Dior Couture look.

Firstly it reminded me of her first vintage Dior Couture look back in December 2015.

Secondly, the pulls on the bust lacked finesse and lastly the Andy Wolf Eyewear custom white angular ‘Ojala’ sunglasses were too comical for me.

I’m sure many will love this look as Rihanna’s Cannes style has been unpredictable so far, but I can’t get on board.

Credit: Getty

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 04:15 #

The dress is dated, but she pulls it off

2. glory May 20, 2017 at 18:48 #

I like it she looks so sassy!!!

3. Pheephee May 20, 2017 at 03:06 #

She makes this comical with the overdone styling. Its also a very dated look. And the seams……Everything about it is a big no.

• Noemi May 20, 2017 at 09:56 #

My thought exactly, I still have to understand why this woman is considered a fashion icon.
      Dior is probably rolling in the grave.

4. Crystalline May 20, 2017 at 02:12 #

The creases on the bust cheapen this look. The sunglasses should not be anywhere near Cannes red carpet! Had she wore the dress in rich jewel tone, fix the fit and ditch the sunglasses, it will be a more acceptable look.

5. Tenacious May 20, 2017 at 01:36 #

I don’t mind the glasses at all but I’m not blown away by this. It’s boring on her because I know she can do better..especially at Cannes.

6. Caroline May 20, 2017 at 00:48 #

I don’t like this at all.

7. JHH May 19, 2017 at 22:37 #

Two big issue to me — it looks poorly made and the fit is awful. I call this one a failure but live in hope for Rihanna’s next look.

8. Schoolbea May 19, 2017 at 20:58 #

I agree with what FC said, point by point.

Not sold, sorry.

9. fromchi-town May 19, 2017 at 19:58 #

For a couture look it looks quite dated and badly made. The puckering and pulling at the seams is very distracting. I am a big fan of Rihanna on the red carpet because she doesn’t need to resort to gimmick and she is just uber-cool and diva like effortlessly. So why did she feel the need to put on those glasses is beyond me! Not a fan.

• ayatlaw May 21, 2017 at 00:18 #

+1 I agree. I love Rihanna and absolutely understand why she is a fashion icon, but this above is a mess. Unflattering, boring color, comical glasses–HAM

10. Lindsey May 19, 2017 at 19:58 #

Cat, great spot as always. I thought she wore the similar Dior Couture look before, but just can’t recall the exact one. This time is a big no for sure. A giant bed sheet is so not couture material. Poor Riri, the sunglasses truly have the Sad Frog style. I saw lots of comparisons already.

11. justme May 19, 2017 at 19:10 #

For a Couture piece, this looks incredibly cheap. It’s a no from me.

12. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang May 19, 2017 at 18:55 #

This look quickly reminds me of Natalie Portman’s milky Dior puffy gown at the SAG Awards earlier this year, except this version let Riri bares her shoulder!! I love the attitude, but the comical glasses and the tent-like outerwear, simply no bueno!

13. Angela Melanie Rego May 19, 2017 at 18:53 #

I’m kind of disappointed that she repeated a similar look at Cannes of all places. Hope she brings back Met Gala fierceness as opposed to this boring outfit and gimmicky styling

14. Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 18:50 #

The pulls/wrinkles are distracting, but I’m ok with the gown, I just don’t like how she presented it in a laid-back beach-y manner, the sunglasses are just a no.

15. Ale May 19, 2017 at 18:44 #

It’s too bed sheet for me. Nope.

16. Alina May 19, 2017 at 18:44 #

This is giving me ’90s vibes. I’m shocked I like it.

17. Chris May 19, 2017 at 18:41 #

I do love it, she looks awesome. And the glasses are so cool.
    I wouldn’t love this on anyone, but it’s Rihanna and she’s rocking it, so I’m totally on board.