Menu

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Taking her place on the red carpet for the ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening (May 19), Jessica Chastain looked resplendent.

Some of you felt a little let down by her opening ceremony look, but the actress has always fared well in Givenchy over the years at this event, and this lilac fringe Couture confection was no different.

If there was one look I wished to see in motion, this would be it.

From the glistening embellishments to the swaying fringe with a little Marilyn wiggle, this is would be a joy to watch.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Rihanna In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lily Collins In Ralph & Russo Couture - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lily Collins In Ralph & Russo Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

25 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 04:16 #

Interesting dress. I like it on her

2. glory May 20, 2017 at 18:47 #

Love this dress and Jessica looks STUNNING!!!

3. CreoleLady May 20, 2017 at 10:24 #

Beautiful. In a sea of (for me) uninspiring white, this lovely lilac makes a subtly stunning statement. More redheads should consider shades purple and of bronze. My fave gown of the day.

4. Pheephee May 20, 2017 at 02:55 #

It seems awfully tight around her waist and bust. I do not find it esp flattering. It quite widens her I think. I like the color and the fringe. But I prefer the look on the runway.

5. Crystalline May 20, 2017 at 02:17 #

Beautiful dress on Jessica but I still prefer her wearing more striking color rather than pastels, to complement her skintone and hair colour. This lavender dress washes her out a little bit.

6. Caroline May 20, 2017 at 00:47 #

Love this. Perfect color on her. Finally what I was expecting.

7. VG May 19, 2017 at 22:55 #

Yep my first thought was Emma at the Oscars. I don’t hate it though, I think it’s a beautiful and interesting dress. Jessica looks good.

8. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2017 at 21:15 #

She looks divine

9. Schoolbea May 19, 2017 at 20:57 #

I am really torn about this one! The colour is absolutely amazing, the embroidery and the fringe look so luscious, and I am sure it was a dream in motion.

But… both the line where the bodice meets the fringe and the very tight fit of the bust are distracting me.

I can’t lean one way or the other! XD

10. Melissa May 19, 2017 at 20:47 #

I love the dress, but I much prefer the edgier styling as on the runway. Those matchy matchy heels are just ick.

11. Charlotte May 19, 2017 at 20:46 #

The lilac fringe make me think of My little pony.

• JHH May 19, 2017 at 22:41 #

LOL; I can’t unsee that now. Not a fan of the dress. I was thinking lampshade or curtain but now it’s my little pony.

12. Abbie Stephens May 19, 2017 at 20:43 #

She wears it better than Kendall on the runway. LOVE!

13. fromchi-town May 19, 2017 at 19:56 #

This is quite an interesting and unique look. I am not sure if I unreservedly like it on Jessica. But I am glad she gave us something different and unique to talk to about. Where is Fan Bingbing ??

On an aside, FC – thanks a bunch for coming back to the blog and covering Cannes. Nobody covers Cannes like you do. The speed with which this blog updates always astounds me! I am usually refreshing this blog all week during Cannes festival! Awesome coverage this year so far!!
    Xoxo

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2017 at 20:28 #

It’s my absolute pleasure.

The one thing I missed most in my year out was Cannes.

Thanks for this lovely message. I always draw good energy from them

14. Athena May 19, 2017 at 19:30 #

Reminds me of a hybrid between Emma Stone’s oscar look and the dark purple Givenchy Jessica wore at Cannes a few years ago, but I do love it! Much improved from night one

15. Aocc May 19, 2017 at 19:25 #

Gorgeous!

16. Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 19:17 #

The look instantly reminds of Emma Stone’s Oscars dress, yet I still find it stunning. The delicate detailing is beautiful , the fringe adds flair, and the light lavender hue plays off her milky skin and red hair so subtly and beautifully. She looks incredible. I absolutely love it.

• dedel May 19, 2017 at 19:31 #

Me too ! But I actually prefer this dress over Emma’s. That purple …

• Nadia99 May 19, 2017 at 20:20 #

• SilentVisitor May 20, 2017 at 00:50 #

I immediately thought about Emma Stone’s Academy Awards dress. She looks OK but I don’t really love it to be honest.

17. Alina May 19, 2017 at 19:10 #

LOVE THIS! Interesting dress, the colour looks amazing on her, hair and makeup are flawless.

18. Triton May 19, 2017 at 19:09 #

I absolutely love this on her, the color, fit and length look so much better on the red carpet. You can appreciate the detail much more with Jessica’s figure and styling.

19. Chris May 19, 2017 at 19:01 #

LOVE! I also saw other pics of her moving around in it that looked even better. Now, this is the look I might add to my BDOTY list. So gorgeous.
    The color is so gorgeous on her, the fringe is fun and her beauty look is perfection once again.
    Such a dreamy look.

20. Ale May 19, 2017 at 19:01 #

I believe that this is a “love or loathe” dress. But I love it.