Menu

While Michelle Williams was racking up a LV double, Julianne Moore was also setting her own path by opting for two French brands for the ‘Wonderstruck’ photocall and premiere during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival today (May 18).

Photocall: Green and red has always been fruitful red carpet combination for Julianne and this leafy Sonia Rykiel Spring 2017 dress was no different. Despite the bold hue, the look is relatively understated, offering a modern take on the classic shirt dress with timeless appeal. The look was styled with Gianvito Rossi ‘Coco’ sandals.

Premiere: Much like green and red, Julianne and Chanel have always produced awe-inspiring results. I was already swept away by the embellishments, but feathers always adds an additional eye-catching allure. Gianvito Rossi ‘Portofino’ sandals and Chopard jewels induced more shimmer and shine.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton - 'Wonderstruck' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – ‘Wonderstruck’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Amber Valletta In Mulberry - ‘Wonderstruck’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Amber Valletta In Mulberry – ‘Wonderstruck’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

15 Responses to Julianne Moore In Sonia Rykiel & Chanel Couture – ‘Wonderstruck’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. Christine May 22, 2017 at 03:18 #

No to both looks

2. Alina May 19, 2017 at 07:53 #

Loving the Chanel! Perfect for a day premiere.

3. Juan May 19, 2017 at 05:12 #

This is the way to do short dresses on a premiere. Julianne, teach them all.

4. Pheephee May 19, 2017 at 04:11 #

First is awful.
    Second is okay but not exciting to me for a premiere. I feel like it stumps her quite a bit. She def should of had her hair back off the feather neckline.
    There was a dress she wore in the evening which I actually really liked.

5. glory May 19, 2017 at 02:01 #

That green dress should be burn!!!!

The white Chanel dress is GORGEOUS she looks so classy and beautiful.

6. JHH May 19, 2017 at 01:12 #

Hate the green dress. The Chanel dress is good but I miss a belt.

7. LeLaid May 18, 2017 at 23:49 #

The Chanel look on her is STUNNING. When a dress is that amazing she can get away with not wearing a gown. The photocall look is a throwaway for me.

8. Sanya May 18, 2017 at 18:39 #

I like both these looks. I like the sommer vibe of the first look, and I just love how elegant and chic she looks in Chanel. She has really delivered, all of her looks have so far been Cannes worthy.

9. Schoolbea May 18, 2017 at 18:29 #

Of the first look I like the colour and that’s all. It looks too buttoned up for a sunny Mediterranean venue, and the black accents make it even more wintry. I much prefer the gorgeous pumps in the look book.

The Chanel is beautiful. I have to agree with one of the commenters that her hair should’ve been kept away from the feathered neckline. But it’s a hit.

10. Ramsay May 18, 2017 at 18:16 #

The Chanel is gorgeous
    But I do wish it was better fitted around the waist being with corsetry or a thin belt

11. meme May 18, 2017 at 17:50 #

the photocall dress is awful awful awful. the premier one is good but I’m not a fan of Chanel anymore.

12. Ale May 18, 2017 at 17:29 #

Despite being short, the Chanel dress is stunning and she looks amazing and fresh.
    The color of the Sonia Rykiel is beautiful, but I don’t like the dress.

13. Nat39 May 18, 2017 at 17:25 #

The green is beautiful with Julianne’s red hair, although I think the dress works better as a flowing top (like over pants on the model) – as a dress it’s not fitted enough and a bit too ‘hang-y’ and wish she switched out of the heavier sandals she seems to favor. The 2nd is nice and sparkly, but the hair needed to be pulled back /away from the feathered neckline.

14. Chris May 18, 2017 at 17:15 #

I love the Chanel, she looks so beautiful in it. It might not be a full length gown, but it does have the glamour necessary for Cannes. She looks gorgeous. I also like the styling.
    The photocall look is nice as well, especially thanks to the color.

15. Caroline May 18, 2017 at 17:07 #

I hate the photocall look. As for the premiere look, I love it. She looks beautiful and youthful.