Menu

Araya A. Hargate had a second chance to showcase her maternity style on the red carpet for the ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening (May 18).

The interesting thing about this Olivier Theyskens Spring 2017 gown is that it cleverly conceals, rather than reveals her burgeoning baby bump.

Araya’s look was all about bringing drama to the carpet, from the oversized peplum, to the sultry sheer skirt, the opera gloves and Chopard High Jewellery Collection pieces.

THIS is a Cannes worthy look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jeanne Balibar In Jacquemus - 'Loveless (Nelyubov)'  Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jeanne Balibar In Jacquemus – ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

29 Responses to Araya A. Hargate In Olivier Theyskens – ‘Loveless (Nelyubov)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Betelgeuze May 21, 2017 at 20:45 #

I love that someone looked at this complex Couture dress and those grand jewels, and went “let’s add some opera gloves to this”. This look is SO busy, yet it works. Only in Cannes.

2. Natcha May 20, 2017 at 14:01 #

Araya is fantastic!

3. Nadine Hughey May 19, 2017 at 21:39 #

Wow, I love her for this.

4. agnes May 19, 2017 at 14:58 #

too much going on. she could leave the gloves and necklace out. the dress is already a showstopper no need to accessorize it more

5. H May 19, 2017 at 14:07 #

I think Cannes is all about big and drama and this look has it all. Yes, on someone else would look terrible but she has something that makes it work so well and I love it. Araya is fantastic!

6. amy May 19, 2017 at 11:01 #

honestly the gown itself doesn’t blow me away but this is a great look. she’s selling everything.I appreciate the unusual silhouette of the dress. nice change of pace

• Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 13:28 #

I’m actually not crazy about the gown itself either, but it works for her pregnancy figure very well and she totally elevates it with her Cannes-worthy styling and commanding presence.

7. Alina May 19, 2017 at 07:24 #

Unfortunately, I don’t like this. Too much going on.

8. Ani May 19, 2017 at 03:27 #

Girl really loves Sonam Kapoor, huh?

9. Pheephee May 19, 2017 at 03:25 #

At least there was some dramatic look today! Gorgeous. I just love love love that close up of the earrings and necklace. They are so very beautiful!
    I wish it was in another color and also the band around the knee is distracting and odd….but Im nitpicking.
    Frankly Im just so damn glad someone went for the Cannes drama that I love!

10. charlotte May 19, 2017 at 02:07 #

this year’s Cannes red carpet is so crowded, not a single clean shot. Viisitor numbers has tripled due to the 70th anniversary.
    I always give araya priase for her commitment to high glamour and bold choices,and this is no exception.
    That being said,I wish she could try other color palettes besides black and white

11. glory May 19, 2017 at 01:50 #

She looks FLAWLESS

12. MR May 18, 2017 at 22:41 #

Still trying hard and ended up looking tacky like always. Truly miss the old days when Fan Bingbing brought the drama to Cannes, those effortless red carpet worthy drama. This Araya girl really needs to learn about it.

13. CreoleLady May 18, 2017 at 22:36 #

Girlfriend did not come to play, she came to slay.

14. Leandra May 18, 2017 at 21:54 #

The dress is beautiful but gloves took it to Dallas ( the Tv show) territory or Moschino catwalk I think. A bit tacky.

• Caroline May 19, 2017 at 03:16 #

• Christine May 22, 2017 at 03:34 #

So tacky

15. Schoolbea May 18, 2017 at 21:36 #

Ok, in theory, there are things there that I shouldn’t like… in theory. The opera gloves, the huge necklace with a busy dress, the necklace plus long earrings combination… But the more I look at it, the more enthralled I become. She is WEARING this, and how!

• AnnieOh May 18, 2017 at 21:52 #

This could have easily gone down the road of way too much going on – but Araya is slaying this look!

• BB May 25, 2017 at 20:26 #

• BB May 25, 2017 at 20:31 #

Araya is known for always putting too much on but manages to pull ALL of them off, somehow. This girl is a geni(u)sta!! ??

16. Angela Melanie Rego May 18, 2017 at 21:11 #

I like the gown and the gloves. The jewelry is killing it for me though. The necklace, especially, is too much of a statement piece. It’s competing with the gown.

17. Nat39 May 18, 2017 at 20:58 #

Yes! J’adore! This is daring, dramatic, seductive, I love a touch if theatricality to add that little extra to make it more special and festival-worthy. And this is what she does while pregnant…she puts others to shame. Love!

• Nat39 May 18, 2017 at 21:09 #

…I think the opera gloves totally take the look to the next level, and the obligatory Chopard jewels are spectacular and shown off well against simple black and with her hair pulled up.

18. Jess May 18, 2017 at 20:53 #

I don’t know… it was cool and fresh on the runway. But the styling here is so cliche and brings it down a predictable path

• Chris May 18, 2017 at 21:29 #

You put into words a bit more concretely what I was trying to say. Totally agree.

• anonymous as always May 18, 2017 at 22:14 #

• Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 14:01 #

I’ll politely disagree:) On the runway it’s blank, there’s no styling at all – it’s just the presentation of the gown, whereas Araya takes it to Cannes-worthy level and timeless femme fatale.

19. Chris May 18, 2017 at 20:38 #

The topknot looks a bit silly to me and for some reason, I don’t buy that huge necklace with this gown. I’m not a fan of the gloves either. The styling feels a bit dated to me.
    Besides that, this is really nice, though. The gown is interesting and she pulls it off.