Menu

15.05.17

Louis Vuitton Resort 2018 Front Row

The Louis Vuitton Resort 2018 show was held on Sunday (May 14) in Koka, Japan, with the LV lovelies out in force in their best renditions of the brand.

Fan BingBing: I love the tough-girl edge that Fan served up here with this twist on leather, as she tempered it with a retro femininity in her bronze earrings and cross-body handbag as well as her oxblood lip.

Jennifer Connelly: Perhaps my love of electric blue was skewing my judgment, but the vibrancy of this uniform-like ensemble was intriguing. That said, the same sentiment was not felt so much for the taupe belt and platform loafers, but they did play into the funky-sport theme.

Michelle Williams: It seems as if we’ve seen this dress before, as despite its elaborate embroidery and pattern mix, it remains a bit one-note. And, it seems as if it is wearing Michelle and not the other way around. I fault the restrictive neckline for that—and the boots, which simply are too forced here.

Sophie Turner: With far more effortlessness of form, Sophie went matchy-matchy in this flirty spin on plaid. Here, the signature LV boots work to enhance the edgy and girly balance.

Riley Keough: Much like Michelle’s dress, this twinning design had the recognizably eclectic pattern play with Riley opting for the taller boots instead.

Both Fan and Sophie were easy favourites for me, given the striking yet unforced drama they delivered with their looks. What about you?

Credit: Getty

2017 NBCUniversal Upfront Red Carpet Roundup

2017 NBCUniversal Upfront Red Carpet Roundup

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA TV Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA TV Awards?

17 Responses to Louis Vuitton Resort 2018 Front Row

1. TeaAtTwo May 16, 2017 at 20:25 #

Fan and Sophie

2. CatMarques May 16, 2017 at 11:35 #

I can’t understand the boots and the booties…

3. cs May 16, 2017 at 07:26 #

I’ve always found Fan a bit costume-y-cheesy but sometimes it more than works, it matters. She’s the only one who looks delighted to wear what she’s wearing, which then sells it to me. Michele honestly looks repulsed by her own outfit.

• anonymous as always May 16, 2017 at 20:40 #

So true! You can tell she loves fashion and enjoys her outfit 🙂

4. Alina May 16, 2017 at 05:43 #

Fan, Sophie and Riley.

I’m starting to have a fashion crush on Riley; so effortlessly cool.

5. Caroline May 16, 2017 at 03:17 #

I’m LOVING Fan BingBing. She looks beyond cool and amazing. Finally something fresher and edgier from her and I’m buying it. No comment on the rest.

• anonymous as always May 16, 2017 at 20:38 #

+1!
      I love FanBingBing as well! She looks amazing!!!

6. MissCoco May 16, 2017 at 02:35 #

What’s happened with all the fake tan?

7. JHH May 16, 2017 at 02:14 #

The boots are ugly. I thought the earlier iteration was bad but these are awful. They look especially bad on Michelle though no one here looks good IMO except maybe Fan.

8. charlotte May 16, 2017 at 01:59 #

Fan looked the best out of this bunch,her new short hair(Wig?)is a nice surprise.
    I love the bronze earrings against her oxblood lip,and the leather outfit totally distinguished her from the rest,such a badass look,the only thing I would change are those hideous booties.
    sad to see michelle and Riley wearing virtually the same dress, how uninspiring is that?
    Seriously,Nicolas!! enough with the chunky boots,four women showed up in the exactly same boots are a tragedy by any standards,It just shows how boring and repetitive your designs are.

9. Pheephee May 16, 2017 at 00:54 #

As per usual, hideous outfits and/or booties. ick.

10. Marie May 16, 2017 at 00:33 #

Fan looks amazing!!! I love this look h2t!!!
    But what is with everyone and the black booties? There are like, one and a half looks solid black shoes actually work with, and they look forced and mismatched on everyone else. They ruin Sophie’s look for sure.

11. VG May 16, 2017 at 00:06 #

I feel like Michelle just keeps wearing the same dress over and over again. I’m a little over it TBH. Especially because I adore her and think she has so much fashion potential.
    Fan and Sophie both look great.

12. Christine May 15, 2017 at 23:20 #

Sophie and Jennifer both look good!

13. Nat39 May 15, 2017 at 23:19 #

Fan is working it.

14. Chris May 15, 2017 at 23:01 #

Fan looks badass, I love that look!
    I’m intrigued by Jennifer’s look as well, but yeah, it has its flaws, I especially don’t like the shoes.
    Michelle has worn a *very* similar dress to the LV x Jeff Koons collaboration event last month. That being said, this one looks a lot better on her than the other one. I actually like it, it also doesn’t feel as bland as most of the stuff she wears lately.
    I also don’t get why Michelle and Riley wear such similar dresses… after Michelle had already worn one of those dresses before… it’s all pretty repetitive.

15. MG May 15, 2017 at 22:46 #