Menu

12.05.17

Christian Dior Cruise 2018 Front Row

A long list of lovelies were seated in the front row for the Christian Dior Cruise Fall 2018 presentation, which was held on Thursday (May 11) in Malibu, California. Naturally, all were wearing top-to-toe Dior for the occasion.

Charlize Theron: With a sleek monochromatic look, Charlize debuted a Dior black suede jacket with fringe from the Cruise 2018 collection for a certain western prairie-informed elegance.

Rihanna: Rihanna’s ode to glam cowgirl came courtesy of a natural fur fox cardigan from the Christian Dior Cruise 2018 collection, worn belted with ripped denim and piles of jewels.

Miranda Kerr: The supermodel offered up significantly more sparkle in her Dior printed, embroidered dress from the Cruise 2018 collection that maintained the Dior-branded bra strap look. I love the deep richness of colour hue enhanced by the glimmer of all-over paillettes.

Nick Jonas: The singer was team Dior Homme, as he cut a sporty profile in his navy bomber jacket and black jeans, topped off with a Dior baseball cap.

Brie Larson: Sombre sophistication was the mood set by Brie’s tailored-to-perfection jacket and long, patterned skirt.

Demi Moore: Demi’s long waves and white macramé top injected youthful spirit into her blazer and skirt ensemble.

Kate Bosworth: The forever-chic little black dress was seen in tip-top form with Kate’s tea-length design.

Frieda Pinto: With a bra top serving as her underpinnings for the navy blazer, Freida’s look offered a sultrier edge. But I wish the wide black waistband of the starry, embellished skirt had been less prominent.

Jaime King: Leave it to Jaime to make a rather conservative long black dress come alive by echoing the whimsical spirit of its long flower in her statement handbag and gold-flecked jewels.

Haley Bennett: The cape-like, forest-green overcoat was a nice touch of casual drama for the simple black dress underneath, but I was in love with the bright, watermelon hue of her lipstick.

Kiernan Shipka: Mixing a girly take on medieval dressing with schoolgirl charm in the patent loafers and a mod spin on classic aviators, Kiernan combined styles to notable effect.

Margaret Qualley: I was enchanted by the ease with which Margaret wore this whimsical, palm-reader tulle frock, with flats necessary for the location of the show.

Rainey Qualley: No lining, no problem for Rainey who put the girls on display in this sheer-front, cream frock that wasn’t quite as demure as it might have seemed.

Teresa Palmer: With the ubiquitous Dior briefs in play, this sheer look just had one too many things going for it with the blazer, the burgundy purse, and that sock-like footwear.

Camilla Belle: The intense blue hue is what sold this look to me; that, and Camilla’s brilliant neon-pink lip.

Kelly Rowland: Feminine and chic, Kelly wore her floral-embroidered frock with a mini ‘Lady Dior’ bag.

Rashida Jones: Despite the saturated red hue of this ensemble, it fell a bit flat for me. I don’t think the velvet turtleneck underneath was the best choice.

Banks: Opting for a simplicity of styling, Banks let the plisse-fueled movement of her metallic, floral-patterned dress do the talking.

Credit: Courtesy of Dior & Getty

Allison Williams In Greta Constantine - 'Get Out' Garden Party

Allison Williams In Greta Constantine – ‘Get Out’ Garden Party

Samantha Barks In Milly - 'Interlude In Prague' London Premiere

Samantha Barks In Milly – ‘Interlude In Prague’ London Premiere

17 Responses to Christian Dior Cruise 2018 Front Row

1. Christine May 13, 2017 at 00:30 #

Charlize and Kiernan look so cool

2. Fanny May 12, 2017 at 22:05 #

I really liked Brie Larson here. She’s still on a roll.

3. JHH May 12, 2017 at 21:30 #

I don’t like anything here with Rihanna, Teresa, and Rainey being the worst for me. Jaimi’s dress really grossed me out at first because it looks like a big splotch if baby spit up that dripped down the dress. And the location for the show was silly. I hate dirty/dusty shoes.

4. Caroline May 12, 2017 at 20:04 #

This is all a mess! I only like Kate Bosworth.

5. TeaAtTwo May 12, 2017 at 16:23 #

Miranda look is the only one that I care for here.

6. amy May 12, 2017 at 16:18 #

underwhelming. most of these range from bad to boring.

7. Juan May 12, 2017 at 16:13 #

I totally disagree with everyone in this case. I love the collection, I think that was unexpected and different from what we´ve seen from Maria Grazia. It has its own personality but without feeling repetitive. Congrats Maria!
    Except for Teresa´s look, I really like the variety of looks and how they are NOT sheer. I love Rihanna, Miranda and Charlize´s looks.

8. meme May 12, 2017 at 16:10 #

Damn, Charlize looks FIERCE. She’s a goddess.. Keirnan looks cute too. The rest is fug — especially FUR and Joe Boxer Dior.

9. Chris May 12, 2017 at 16:02 #

Charlize looks badass, she’s rocking the outfit, although I’m not really a fan of the top. Brie looks chic. Jaime looks good. Haley’s hair and make-up are amazing, but I don’t like the clothes. Kate looks pretty chic as well.
    I think Brie is my favorite of the bunch.

10. Leandra May 12, 2017 at 15:40 #

The very idea of desert with its associations of sweat, dusty shoes and no man’s land/abandonement literally makes my skin crawl. I really disliked everything about this show: the venue, the music, the insufferable casting, the production , the heavy handed styling and finally the clothes , with a few pieces standing alone . Honestly , along the show I was expecting (fearing ? ) Pocahontas was going to pop up at any moment.
    I don’t like any of the above looks, mind you, not even Charlize.

• Lee Ann May 13, 2017 at 02:06 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself

• Leandra May 13, 2017 at 02:36 #

I am glad Im not the only one… Im still curious on how the revenue is so high as you rightly pointed out in your previous comment.

11. Martina May 12, 2017 at 15:30 #

To be honest none of the outfits here look good to me. They all scream fall and I didn’t get impressed at all by any of them. Only person who maybe looks good is Miranda and that’s all..

12. Pheephee May 12, 2017 at 15:20 #

They make it look so cold in Malibu. Im up in Canada and its steaming hot already. Anyways this very fall-like and uncomfy for me.
    I do like Nicks look, and Kates. Kiernan and Camilla. But not overly excited by anyone.
    Rihanna looks ridiculous.

13. AnnaP May 12, 2017 at 15:14 #

Just makes me feel sick to see people wearing real fur. Rihanna’s off my Christmas card list now.

The other clothes mostly look odd and unappealing.

• Angela Melanie Rego May 12, 2017 at 16:08 #

Same here. I lose respect for anyone who wears real fur for something as luxurious as fashion.

• Nadia99 May 12, 2017 at 22:54 #