Menu

Zoe Saldana In Roksanda - 5th Annual Moms +SocialGood Event

Zoe Saldana In Roksanda – 5th Annual Moms +SocialGood Event

'Alien: Covenant' World Premiere Menswear Roundup

‘Alien: Covenant’ World Premiere Menswear Roundup

31 Responses to Fashion Critics’ 2017 Met Gala Roundup

1. amy May 8, 2017 at 09:31 #

great roundup. I gagged at #justiceforBlake and the teletubby award.
    good job on the coverage. I missed you so much last year

2. TinaL May 7, 2017 at 03:47 #

Oh my FC I really miss your roundup!!!
    Love your caption as always~

3. Gracey May 6, 2017 at 22:42 #

God, I love your captions!!!
    Fei Fei was my best dreesed as well!

4. Clary May 6, 2017 at 18:40 #

Fei Fei Sun for Best dressed for sure!!
    My best male dressed was Jaden Smith (minus the accessories) I LOVED that he wore heels and Matthew Rhys.

5. charlotte May 6, 2017 at 06:44 #

OMG,I love this roundup so much. laughed for 10 minutes straight.
    Thanks for yet another great coverage of the Met and your witty sense of humor.
    Now Let’s anticipate for the grand opening of Cannes!!!!

6. Crystalline May 6, 2017 at 00:32 #

Thank you for posting this hillarious round up during your vacation, Catherine!!

7. Pheephee May 6, 2017 at 00:13 #

I LOVE the FC roundups. My favorite part of the events! I agree with most of these. Except for the Blake one….Hated that dress…it was too Beyonce-ish, dated, and tacky. Yes all of those haha….
    Rami pretty much blew the male competition away!
    Anyways thanks for full and thorough coverage!!! So much appreciated.

• Nat39 May 6, 2017 at 01:02 #

Ditto on Blake, It, in fact, felt rather dated. Kudos to readers for not being affected by ‘Blake love’:) (my comment is lighthearted, just in case:))

8. Marina May 6, 2017 at 00:11 #

Rita Ora – Her last event. 😀

9. Tenacious May 6, 2017 at 00:10 #

I was looking forward to your roundup and I was not disappointed! Thank you for the laughs.

10. E May 5, 2017 at 23:52 #

#JusticeForBlake

11. Victoria May 5, 2017 at 21:08 #

I actually thought looked amazing and fierce in her gown #justiceforblake

12. Nat39 May 5, 2017 at 20:19 #

Nice. I’d put Solange for Most Disappointing. She could’ve KILLED that theme.

13. Izabela May 5, 2017 at 19:45 #

YAY! I just love those roundups so much!!

14. mm May 5, 2017 at 19:43 #

Your award round out is so damn funny!

15. Melissa May 5, 2017 at 17:56 #

The Kylie Jenner comment made me laugh out loud!

16. Dana May 5, 2017 at 17:34 #

I was surprised as well that Blake’s dress did not receive more love. I thought it was fabulous; she and Dakota were my favorites of the night.

• Schoolbea May 5, 2017 at 18:41 #

I know right??? #JusticeForBlake!!! That dress was otherwordly!

Love these roundups, Katherine! Thank you soooo much, this one in particular was hilarious, and so true!

17. weiss May 5, 2017 at 17:21 #

I loved Fei Fei Sun look and the people who actually whore Comme, but looking back, for such a hyped up event, people don’t dress that well… You know it isn’t a very exciting red carpet when the best dressed is in a black dress.
    As usual, very few people follow the theme, which I don’t understand because these people have another 700 events a year where they can wear “normal” clothes yet, even with their normal clothes on, besides the few attendees with long trains this red carpet could pass as just another red carpet, even thought this is supposed to be one of THE red carpets of the the year.

And lol at “Why did no one love this as much as I did” your love for blue (the train?) must be blinding you because that dress is ugly… Glad to see you back FC. 🙂

• Nat39 May 6, 2017 at 00:01 #

Same thoughts. I loved Fei Fei Sun, one of the best black gown looks out there, but on the Gala scale it wasn’t really grand or memorable enough – it still felt classic and elegant with that skirt and styling, not enough drama or exuberant flair to make it a major standout. People will remember glorious looks delivered by Karolina Kurkova or Fan Bingbing, for ex, in previous years, but not this one.
      Also agree about Blake – those dated Balmain-esque shoulders..or the blue feathers against gold were just garish and looked like they belonged on another dress.

18. JHH May 5, 2017 at 17:11 #

I love the categories and I agree with most of them. You are so right about Kylie Jenner’s category.

19. Angela Melanie Rego May 5, 2017 at 17:03 #

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank you for making my day FC.

20. Chris May 5, 2017 at 16:52 #

I always love your roundups! Because I’m genuinely interested in which looks you loved, but also because the awards you come up with are always so entertaining.
    The Teletubbie Award made my day, I also can’t unsee that now, haha.

• charlotte May 6, 2017 at 07:00 #

the teletubbie one made me burst into laughter in my office,now my co-workers are wondering if I had gone mad.XD

21. Leigh May 5, 2017 at 16:43 #

I probably would have given Kendall Jenner co-Attention Seeker Award but I more or less agree with all of these. I always love these roundup posts!

• Angela Melanie Rego May 5, 2017 at 17:04 #

• Izabela May 5, 2017 at 19:46 #

I was thinking the same, they should share that one

22. Ale May 5, 2017 at 16:37 #

Lol. #JusticeForBlake
    Great roundup.

23. Alina May 5, 2017 at 16:34 #

Hahaha. Love these!

Tbh, Rami might be my best dressed of the night.

24. Charlotte May 5, 2017 at 16:33 #

I’m glad you did this post, I love them !
    The best male for me would be Matthew Rhys, he looke really great in this skirt (and Keri Russell looked great too).

25. Olivia May 5, 2017 at 16:27 #

These awards!! I laughed at so many of them! I’m so glad you gave best dressed to Fei Fei Sun. I thought her dress was one of the best and definitely one of the most underrated of the night. Thank you for the Met Gala coverage this year!