Menu

2017 Met Gala After-Party

Katy Perry hosted the Met Gala after party at The Boom Boom at The Standard in New York City in the early hours of Tuesday morning (May 2).

Elle Fanning: The young actress donned her second Miu Miu look of the night. I love how the looks starts out minimal in hue and cut before gathering in pace below the waist with an explosion of multi-colour feathers and embellished Christian Louboutin ‘Body Strass’ pumps. I’m imagining this would’ve looked amazing as a gown for the main event.

Kate Bosworth: Since the majority of you disliked Kate’s Tory Burch red carpet look, I won’t be surprised if you wished she’d worn her Emilio Pucci Spring 2017 boldly hued frock to the main event. It certainly would’ve had a greater impact.

Katy Perry: It was Katy Perry’s party and she will dress as ridiculously as she wants too. My only surprise is that she didn’t wear Ulyana Sergeenko Fall 2016 Couture look with the runway helmet.

Rihanna: I love the practicality of Rihanna’s Prada after-party look, as all she needed to do is take of the accessories and roll on into bed at the end of the night.

Jessica Chastain: Also in Prada, the actress opted for an LBD.

Priyanka Chopra: The actress had you talking the most with epic Ralph Lauren trench coat at the main event, so I love that she opted for a more manageable mini version for the party.

Zendaya: Sticking with Dolce & Gabbana the young actress contines to inspire wearing a floral tuxedo style sleeveless suit.

Felicity Jones: While a party look doesn’t have to be sheer, mini or revealing, I wish Felicity has let her hair down and had more fun with her look. I just can’t picture her dancing on the tables to classic hip-hop beats wearing this Erdem dress. Joking aside, this is exactly what I would expect from Felicity.

Emily Ratajkowski: This is a refined sultry moment from Emily in Monse, but I think the thigh-high boots were overkill. I know many of you are over the Nudist sandals, but they would’ve worked better here in my opinion. The boots are too heavy.

Chrissy Teigen: The model opted for sex and sheer in Saint Laurent, while hubby stayed in his classic tux.

Jennifer Lopez: The singer went from serene on the red carpet to excess in Valentino again for the after-party. That’s the dichotomy that is Jennifer Lopez.

Kerry Washington: Keeping with Michael Kors, this sparkling LBD was given some sex appeal via the slit an strappy sandals.

Adriana Lima: Some felt her red carpet look was a bit muted by her standards, the same can’t be said about her Nicolas Jebran party frock.

Olivia Culpo: Along with Karolina Kurkova, the one person I was very surprised not to see at the Met Gala was Olivia. Undeterred by the snub, the model arrived at after party ready to boogie in this fringe Givenchy frock.

Haley Bennett: The actress opted for another gorgeous gown keeping the styling very simple on this occasion.

Credit: Getty

Final Sweep Of The 2017 Met Gala Red Carpet

Final Sweep Of The 2017 Met Gala Red Carpet

Chloe Sevigny In Preen - 'The Dinner' LA Premiere

Chloe Sevigny In Preen – ‘The Dinner’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to 2017 Met Gala After-Party

1. FelipeA May 12, 2017 at 02:32 #

Haley Bennett looks like baby Cate Blanchett

2. VG May 4, 2017 at 03:19 #

Kate Bosworth looks fantastic! I also love Olivia Culpo in what is essentially a fun party dress and Zendaya who doesn’t seem overwhelmed by all that floral.

I’m not entirely sure what is going on with Katy; there is just no rhyme or reason with anything she does anymore. Including her fashion choices. This is a mess.

3. Amanda May 4, 2017 at 00:34 #

Priyanka Chopra for the win! I love that she wore a shortened version of her fabulous gala dress! G😍RGEOUS!

4. Cate May 3, 2017 at 23:58 #

Is Katy undergoing an existential crisis?

5. Manon May 3, 2017 at 19:46 #

What the heck is Katy Perry’s look?? I like Zendaya and Olivia Culpo’s outfits.

6. JHH May 3, 2017 at 17:22 #

I laughed out loud at the description of Rihanna’s outfit. She wears whatever strikes her fancy and walks around like a boss. I respect that. Adriana Lima looks smoking hot — that is a party outfit. The rest range from ridiculous (Katy Perry) to just okay (pretty much everyone else).

7. Chris May 3, 2017 at 16:22 #

I like Kate’s look, the colors are striking.
    Katy looks awful, what is that even?!

8. meme May 3, 2017 at 14:31 #

I love what Priyanka Chopra did with her epic Met dress for the afterparty and I like Haley Bennet’s dress as a wedding gown. The rest all looks messy to me. I have no words for Katy Perry except, yes we are all looking at your crotch now. Happy?

9. Amy May 3, 2017 at 14:18 #

Zendaya looks great.

10. Schoolbea May 3, 2017 at 13:09 #

My question is not what was Katy Perry thinking, but what was Ulyana Sergeenko thinking.

I’ve never been a fan of Kate Bosworth’s style, and this is no exception. I find the combination of colours really awful. I don’t understand that dress.

I’m not impressed by any of these looks. Emily’s, probably, although I’m on the fence about the boots. I think they work, as they suit her persona, overwhelming as they are.

11. Alina May 3, 2017 at 13:07 #

I really like Elle’s look.

12. Caroline May 3, 2017 at 12:33 #

Love Olivia and JLo.

13. Charlotte May 3, 2017 at 11:38 #

I really like Kate Bosworth dress, it’s fun and chic, perfect for the night.
    Katy Perry looks so ridiculous, I start to think than they are making a contest about which one will be the most ridiculous of the night. I’m torn between her and Bella Hadid after party.
    Jessica Chastain looks boring.
    I love Zendaya look but maybe on someone older.
    I love Kerry Washington dress, she looks beautiful. I wished she ditched the wig though.

14. Angela Melanie Rego May 3, 2017 at 11:28 #

Zendaya, Priyanka, Kate Bosworth and Olivia Culpo look great. I’m also liking Elle Fanning and Kerry Washington’s looks.
    Katy Perry looks hideous. I haven’t liked one look from her recently.
    Rihanna is just a boss.