Menu

02.05.17

Léa Seydoux In Louis Vuitton – 2017 Met Gala

Léa Seydoux walked the blue carpet at the 2017 Met Gala on Monday (May 1).

The French actress wore a Louis Vuitton gown that

I appreciate this from a fashion standpoint. The lace panels in the two front slits are creative and a breath of fresh air with such a heavy look. I love the nod to the 90s with the ‘tank over a shirt’ look, and this print is nothing, if not eye-catching. Yet, I’m still having a hard time with it.

At the end of the day, this simply isn’t flattering on Léa, and that is the most important element to any item of clothing!

So: Fashion forward or fashion flounder?

Credit: Getty

Brie Larson In Chanel - 2017 Met Gala

Brie Larson In Chanel – 2017 Met Gala

Miranda Kerr In Oscar de la Renta - 2017 Met Gala

Miranda Kerr In Oscar de la Renta – 2017 Met Gala

14 Responses to Léa Seydoux In Louis Vuitton – 2017 Met Gala

1. Schoolbea May 2, 2017 at 16:13 #

I am so sad to see this. She is such an icon to me since the Spectre tour, and I find her absolutely gorgeous, even here (neck up, obviously).

So unflattering. I can’t make sense of LV, but to make Lea look this bad… It’s a whole new level of unforgivable.

2. charlotte May 2, 2017 at 13:39 #

I can not wait for the day when all the actress breaks from the contract with LV.
    Louis vuitton Can’t make decent clothes,period.

3. Nadia99 May 2, 2017 at 13:34 #

Looks like she wore her mom’s bra over her dress. No bueno.

4. Caroline May 2, 2017 at 12:51 #

Oh no this is so so so so bad.

5. Christine May 2, 2017 at 11:28 #

This is so unflattering! Lea deserves better

6. Giada May 2, 2017 at 10:40 #

I stayed up late (until I caved in and went to bed at 2:00 am Dutch time) waiting for her arrival. She’s one of my favorites on the red carpet. Anyone that can make me love Prada on the red carpet has special powers in my opinion.

And then I wake up to this? Nooooooooo!. One week on the fashion naughty step for you Lea!

7. Alina May 2, 2017 at 06:06 #

I find this dress plain ugly. I expect more from Lea.

8. Nat39 May 2, 2017 at 05:02 #

Heavy and aging. Big No.

9. Pheephee May 2, 2017 at 04:09 #

Uh. Dang this is awful. Not just the off-theme thing going on, its also the drabness of it and the heaviness of it….but esp that bra-over her dress look is just hideous.

10. JHH May 2, 2017 at 04:09 #

Fashion flounder because it is unflattering.

• Vallath May 2, 2017 at 04:32 #

What’s such a bummer about unflattering outfits on Hollywood stars is that they all subsist on less than 1800 calories a day and workout two hours 6 days a week to stay Sample Size, only to wear something that doesn’t make them shine.

I don’t understand it. At least Gisele or Reese, as boring as their outfits are, decidedly never wear anything possibly unflattering.

11. Vallath May 2, 2017 at 04:08 #

You should have mentioned how similar the boob design and the slits are to Sophie Turner and reflected on Nicolas Ghesquière’s lack of innovation in custom gowns.

Lea is much better in Prada and Miu Miu.

• elle May 2, 2017 at 04:44 #

Way too similar to send out to the same event. Nicolas doesn’t do high glamour well and should just stick to other things.

Remember Lea during the Bond tour? Man, she does glamour better than almost anyone. And like you said, really was perfect in the Prada/Miu Miu days.

• Ale May 2, 2017 at 14:31 #

I agree, she is perfect for Prada and Miu Miu.
        Her Bond tour was flawless.