Menu

02.05.17

Kim Kardashian In Vivienne Westwood – 2017 Met Gala

Kim Kardashian was the picture of sleek innocence at the 2017 Met Gala on Monday (May 1) in New York City.

Like Jennifer Lopez, I was rather surprised to see Kim K in such a subdued—ahem, covered up—look. Her pristine, white Vivienne Westwood gown featured a romantically feminine, off-the-shoulder silhouette, with her slick, board-straight locks bringing a mod edge to the more delicate dress.

As her sister Kylie Jenner had the ‘naked dress’ of the night, perhaps Kim gave her more suggestive statements the evening off.

Credit: Getty

Reese Witherspoon In Mugler - 2017 Met Gala

Reese Witherspoon In Mugler – 2017 Met Gala

Michelle Monaghan In Paco Rabanne - 2017 Met Gala

Michelle Monaghan In Paco Rabanne – 2017 Met Gala

20 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Vivienne Westwood – 2017 Met Gala

1. Kelly May 2, 2017 at 16:53 #

This looks nice enough but it is quite underwhelming and almost casual for a gala event. This looks like a regular weekday paparazzi calling – er, i mean dodging – look for her.

2. Amy May 2, 2017 at 16:19 #

The fabric is too thin, flimsy for my liking. Not a great look. I quite like the bustier and the sleeves

3. meme May 2, 2017 at 14:37 #

I am SHOCKED that all her bits and pieces are completely covered up. Hate the dress and she’s messing with her face again.

4. Gemma Rockets May 2, 2017 at 13:58 #

This may not be on theme, but Kim looks undeniably elegant and beautiful, so I’m more than satisfied.

5. charlotte May 2, 2017 at 13:54 #

Not that desperate,but this has got to be one of her hall of fame.
    For the first time in human history,one can assiciate the words clean and sophisticated with Kim kardashian.

6. Hermoine May 2, 2017 at 12:28 #

My first thought was YEAH, no TMI look….. but not on theme and looks like a comfortable beach cover up

7. Maria F. May 2, 2017 at 10:32 #

I think she looks great, I would have just liked a different fabric or colour. This reminds me of the muslin they use to make the pattern for the dress.

8. Nat39 May 2, 2017 at 07:19 #

MET gala aside, I think Vivienne Westwood is a great match for her – it brings out soft femininity in her. She needs to ditch Balmain once and for all.

9. Pheephee May 2, 2017 at 06:27 #

No nakedness?? Im shocked. lol
    Certainly not on theme and prob would suit a whole different event and very quiet by her standards but I have to give it to her bc shes not in nude/sheer/tacky/unflattering clothing.
    Who knew she could still do a classy look? Thank goodness.
    I wish she would just stick with it…

10. Amanda May 2, 2017 at 05:36 #

I think she looks amazing in this. It simple and chic and would be perfect for a beach wedding – but maybe not the Met Gala…

11. Juan May 2, 2017 at 05:11 #

I´m sorry but I always read that everyone complains on “how sheer her dress is” or “how she doesn´t wear clothes that look good on her body”. For me, this is a winning look for her. It´s refreshing and great but for the good reasons. Her hair and makeup looked on point. Stop trying to critize her because sometimes she does look good, and this is one.

12. Carolina May 2, 2017 at 05:05 #

She certainly looks great but how is this any different from what she usually wears to walk around for paparazzi shots?

• Alina May 2, 2017 at 06:39 #

ITA.

• meme May 2, 2017 at 17:16 #

It’s not sheer LOL

13. Mimi May 2, 2017 at 04:33 #

This looks too apron-like or costumey to me for some reason. I feel like if Kim wanted to do something nonsheer, and elegant, there are better dresses out there.

14. JHH May 2, 2017 at 04:00 #

Vivienne Westwood’s style should work on Kim K. Yet, something about this is not working for me. But, she did not go for naked so it is very refreshing though I wish the material and was different. I feel like this dress needs a patterned fabric or a different color (not a big fan of bright white on anyone).

• elle May 2, 2017 at 05:03 #

I was just thinking Kim really suits the Westwood aesthetic generally, but not here.

15. Caroline May 2, 2017 at 03:44 #

Wow. Kim looks great. Credit where is due.

16. Vallath May 2, 2017 at 03:39 #

This look is supposed to reflect her post-robbery ‘I’m not a superficial nothing anymore’ narrative that I am not buying at all, but I will say, it is refreshing for her style. And Vivienne Westwood, too, who would have thought?

• Christine May 2, 2017 at 10:37 #

True points, but this is a NO.