Menu

02.05.17

Kate Hudson & Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney – 2017 Met Gala

Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts were the yin and yang of the 2017 Met Gala on Monday (May 1) in New York City.

Both dressed in Stella McCartney, they certainly took the prize for minimalist-chic, cool-girl looks of the night.

Kate Hudson: Her asymmetric white gown captured my affection for its sleek silhouette juxtaposed against the robe-like sleeve. It’s nothing we haven’t seen before, but it fit her like a dream and her powdered, platinum updo added just the right thematic finish.

Naomi Watts: She played the sophisticated-sultry siren in this mesh-laced black gown, styled with an on-trend wavy bob for a girl-meets-glam statement—with an edge.

Credit: Getty

Blake Lively In Atelier Versace - 2017 Met Gala

Blake Lively In Atelier Versace – 2017 Met Gala

Haley Bennett In Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda Couture - 2017 Met Gala

Haley Bennett In Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda Couture – 2017 Met Gala

13 Responses to Kate Hudson & Naomi Watts In Stella McCartney – 2017 Met Gala

1. Amanda May 2, 2017 at 15:02 #

Not everyone can do ‘avant gard’ so I applaud both looks for going with a cool minimalistic vibe that I think fits in quite nicely at this event. Love both.

• Fiona-Brasil May 2, 2017 at 16:23 #

+1.

2. from-chitown May 2, 2017 at 14:57 #

Both look great – but boring for the Met gala.

3. Caroline May 2, 2017 at 12:09 #

Kate was one of my best dressed. I loved this. Naomi looks basic.

4. Christine May 2, 2017 at 11:55 #

No to both looks

5. Pheephee May 2, 2017 at 07:27 #

Kates look is not good. I think its that hair n headpiece (or whatever that is) thing going on. Its not appealing.
    Naomi certainly has a lovely dress on. Just plain n boring for this evening….

6. Nat39 May 2, 2017 at 06:17 #

Kate did well, Naomi is too boring and standard for the occasion.

7. Vallath May 2, 2017 at 06:13 #

Naomi looks emaciated. Both are boring.

• JHh May 2, 2017 at 06:24 #

• meme May 2, 2017 at 14:24 #

I was going to say the same thing but I don’t know if Catherine disapproves of comments about weight, you know “body shaming.” She also looks like she had work done. I dislike both looks.

• Vallath May 2, 2017 at 18:12 #

I think it can be fair to say if the person doesn’t have a past with an eating disorder. Weight is part of Celebrity, and this site studies fashion, but also celebrity. Leonardo DiCaprio can be a gross pig, eat whatever he wants, and Cate Blanchett- the female equivalent of Leo one could argue- has had three children, is over 40 and still has to be a size 2. It is unfair. I don’t necessarily criticize the women, I criticize the industry. Julianne Moore, one of the few honest ones, once said: “I still battle with my deeply boring diet of, essentially, yogurt and breakfast cereal and granola bars. I hate dieting. I hate having to do it to be the ‘right’ size. I’m hungry all the time. I think I’m a slender person, but the industry apparently doesn’t. All actresses are hungry all the time.”

8. Alina May 2, 2017 at 06:05 #

Kate’s dress seems deja-vu coming from her. I also dislike what’s going on with her hair.

Naomi looks cool, but on the boring side.

• Chris May 2, 2017 at 12:00 #