Menu

Credit: Getty

Freida Pinto's Elie Saab one-shoulder cutout sequined gown

Freida Pinto’s Elie Saab one-shoulder cutout sequined gown

Emma Watson In Gabriela Hearst - 'The Circle' Press Tour

Emma Watson In Gabriela Hearst – ‘The Circle’ Press Tour

17 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Fan Bingbing in Marchesa, Blake Lively In Brandon Maxwell & Ryan Reynolds in Brunello Cucinelli

1. Pheephee May 1, 2017 at 19:47 #

Wow that sure took a turn…last minute. lol
    I wonder if theres no way to only allow one vote per person….that would slow it down somewhat at least. just a curiousity…….not trying to start anything.

2. Nat39 May 1, 2017 at 17:48 #

I don’t wanna point fingers, but these “suspicious” last minute surges happened before, sometimes resulting in an unexpected tie. Whatever the reason is, the results look clearly manipulated. This really ruins the impression of the site, sorry.

• CreoleLady May 1, 2017 at 18:10 #

Well, on the upside and to the credit of FC and RCFA, the high quality commentary and curation of looks/events gives this site a credibility which is attractive to many. My faves have lost before and will lose again (imagine me singing “Let it Go”* in the background, lol)…

• Christine May 1, 2017 at 22:15 #

This is why I stopped voting in Best dressed of the week.

3. Caroline May 1, 2017 at 17:22 #

What the hell?? Viola was a clear winner and was leading the poll the whole weekend. I don’t get why Fan BingBing’s fans ALWAYS have to come here and start voting all of a sudden?? They’re not even usual readers of the site.
    Viola Davis and Rami Malek (I don’t get how Ryan Reynolds won) were BDOTW.

4. Alina May 1, 2017 at 12:52 #

Viola and Rami for me. Kinda sad.

5. Alex May 1, 2017 at 11:36 #

I picked Fan! And Rami.
    x

6. AnnaP May 1, 2017 at 10:26 #

All week it was Viola Davis and Rami Malek, who were the deserving winners. This is not good as not at all deserved.

7. CreoleLady May 1, 2017 at 09:26 #

WTF. I checked in yesterday, and Viola Davis was comfortably in the lead at 22%. No one else was even close. Fan Bing Bing was in the single digits.

• alvarospain May 1, 2017 at 10:17 #

Fans ruining the poll again…. Viola was first with 23%, and in the distance they were Blake Lively (10%) and Sarah Paulson (8%). Fan BingBing had even a lower percentage… This is not what the actual readers of this blog think (the ones who go into the blog everyday, read all the posts and comment)…

• AnnaP May 1, 2017 at 10:27 #

I agree. It is sad and ruins it for RCFA’s readers. To us it will always be Viola Davis and Rami Malek.

• SilentVisitor May 1, 2017 at 13:25 #

Yes, it is indeed very sad but Fan Bingbing’s fans are no different to Emma Watson’s. After all, someone wrote this on the BDOTW thread

gabis April 29, 2017 at 19:59 #
      Emma Watson is always my pick no matter who she is running up against. Absolutely love her style and everything she wears.

A fan vote is a fan vote.

• CreoleLady May 1, 2017 at 14:22 #

If this is a case of fan web sites pointing to RCFA and telling the troops to flood RCFA to vote for their idol, that is a whole other kettle of fish — rotten ones, imo.

• Nat39 May 1, 2017 at 18:11 #

The thing is massive fan voting usually comes first-minute (and all the way through), completed with numerous adoring fan comments. Viola ( I didn’t even vote for her btw) was way way ahead (as CreoleLady points out) until almost the very end. This doesn’t look good.

• SilentVisitor May 1, 2017 at 19:46 #

I agree with you both. My point was there are some people who just ‘fan vote’ which discredits a bit the point of BDOTW.

Viola and Rami were my favorites but fan voting has happened before and will most likely happen again

• CreoleLady May 2, 2017 at 02:42 #

Yes, you are absolutely right, Silent Visitor. Ah well, on to the Met coverage, that should be fun….

• Notsochic May 1, 2017 at 14:00 #

I voted for Viola last night. She was barely in the lead with 23%. Fan Bingbing was hot on her heels with 22%. I guess she had a surge of votes come in at the last minute.