Menu

23.04.17

Variety Power of Women Event Red Carpet Roundup

Blake Lively wasn’t the only power female at Variety’s Power of Women: New York event on Friday (April 21) in New York City, as other leading femmes were also in attendance.

Jessica Chastain: As an honoree of the evening, Jessica dressed for the occasion with chic sophistication in a Carolina Herrera embellished dress with playful tied sleeves. As the actress looks so good in colour, I’m glad she wore a vibrant mulberry lip, with silver metallic pumps adding more zing.

Katie Lee: You won’t find any objection from me with the bold, bright nature of this Proenza Schouler lily print frock. I do wish she had more sleekly completed the look with a stronger makeup look and a pulled-back hairstyle.

Salma Hayek: Salma went for a classically reserved Balenciaga ensemble with elongating stripes. But, I do wish she had worn a sandal instead of the patent black pumps to further the effect.

Ashley Graham: The wide black corset belt on this Cushine et Ochs sweater dress provided something of a stark, heavy-handed contrast. But it did celebrate the hourglass silhouette in top form.

Danielle Brooks: The ‘OITNB’ actress usually has great style, but this is Eloquii brocade suit unflattering on so many levels.

Lena Dunham: I’m always prepared for Lena’s penchant for wacky, oftentimes unruly style behavior. But, here, I was duly impressed by her glossy offering that was well styled with black slingbacks and chicly tamed bangs.

Credit: Getty

Marie Claire's Fresh Faces Party Red Carpet Roundup

Marie Claire’s Fresh Faces Party Red Carpet Roundup

Olivia Culpo's Frame Le Antibes Mini cropped dungarees

Olivia Culpo’s Frame Le Antibes Mini cropped dungarees

8 Responses to Variety Power of Women Event Red Carpet Roundup

1. Amanda April 24, 2017 at 04:46 #

Danielle Brooks outfit is not only unflattering but it looks downright uncomfortable! Really bad.

2. Pheephee April 24, 2017 at 04:45 #

Lena might have one of her personal bests here. Katie lee looks cute. The others meh.

3. VG April 24, 2017 at 03:26 #

Jessica and Salma seem a little outdated.
    Not sure why Ashley added that belt? The dress would look much better without it!
    Lena looks great! One of her best IMO

4. CreoleLady April 24, 2017 at 03:00 #

Katie Lee has me re-thinking my aversion to yellow/black color combos. Love her sandals. Pleasantly surprised by Lena Dunham, ankles up.

5. Cate April 24, 2017 at 01:09 #

Lena’s style has been improving over the past few months. She looks good!

6. JHH April 23, 2017 at 23:17 #

Lena Dunham (shocked as I am to write that) is my favorite here. I am constantly frustrated by Salma Hayek’s choices and this one is no exception — it is quite unflattering. I’ll be in the minority but I don’t like the Carolina Herrera dress on Jessica Chastain. I think it’s matronly and too tight at the same time and the color is not flattering.

7. Caroline April 23, 2017 at 22:36 #

Love Jessica here. Back to her best. And I never thought I’d live to say this but how good does Lena Dunham look?

8. Chris April 23, 2017 at 21:56 #

Jessica and Katie look really nice. Salma’s look could have been pretty chic with good shoes.