Menu

Tiffany & Co. 2017 Blue Book Collection Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Joining Ruth Negga and Haley Bennett were a number of other eclectically outfitted stars at the Tiffany & Co. 2017 Blue Book Collection Gala on Friday (April 21) in New York City that had me questioning exactly what the dress code requested.

Doutzen Kroes: The model hid her beautiful form in a Céline Resort 2017 ensemble that boasted of quite clownish proportions. I’m afraid I cannot hop aboard the oversize look here that just translates as messy, especially with Doutzen’s barely-there beauty and afterthought hair.

Reese Witherspoon: We just saw Blake Lively wear a jumpsuit version of this dark-green Brandon Maxwell Fall 2017 gown, and while the sweetheart silhouette is nothing new for Reese, the simplicity of its modern elegance and impeccable fit cannot be ignored.

Claire Danes: Also opting for classic sophistication, Claire wore a Monse ankle-grazing dress that maintained an old Hollywood essence when styled with her diamond necklace, strappy heels, and red lip.

Jennifer Hudson: Jennifer performed at the gala, but all eyes were on her beforehand in this Dsquared2 ruffled mini dress playfully styled with evil-eye-accented heels. The bright, lemony colour is dazzling on her; I just wish the dress was longer and that the slit was shorter.

Imaan Hammam: The relaxed ease of this Victoria Beckham asymmetric ensemble would have translated more sleekly sans the creases.

Lala Rudge: Embellishment was taken to the nth degree in this Sandro Barros jumpsuit-gown fusion that was dripping in beaded fringe. The craftsmanship was undoubtedly beautiful, but perhaps better made for the stage as a performance piece.

Ni Ni: With a more measured application of embellishment, Ni Ni was enchanting in this sparkling princess gown that was iced with just the right amount of diamond jewels.

Credit: Getty

Blake Lively In Brandon Maxwell - Variety's Power of Women: New York

Blake Lively In Brandon Maxwell – Variety’s Power of Women: New York

Marie Claire's Fresh Faces Party Red Carpet Roundup

Marie Claire’s Fresh Faces Party Red Carpet Roundup

9 Responses to Tiffany & Co. 2017 Blue Book Collection Gala Red Carpet Roundup

1. Pheephee April 24, 2017 at 04:34 #

Reese looks lovely, slightly unexciting though except thats usual for her. I want to hike her dress up. It sits so low on the bust.
    Doutzen has an odd choice of outfit on. She looks like a kid with her dads suit on. strange.
    Claire also looks nice.
    Lala, that is one confusing outfit.

2. VG April 24, 2017 at 03:34 #

My favorite here is Claire. That’s a good and well styled look for her.

Reese looks nice, nothing new or exciting but it fits well and you can’t ask for much more when it comes to fashion.

I like Imaan too but I do wish the trousers were longer? The proportions seem a little off.

That color on Jennifer is gorgeous on her but why are her dresses getting shorter and shorter? She always looks uncomfortable IMO.

3. JHH April 23, 2017 at 23:04 #

Though I feel like Reese’s dress is tiny bit low, she looks good and that is it from this group. Jennifer Hudson needs a new stylist.

4. alvarospain April 23, 2017 at 22:39 #

Doutzen wore two looks at this event then?

5. J April 23, 2017 at 21:44 #

Reese and Imaan win.

6. Charlotte April 23, 2017 at 19:47 #

I like Doutzen suit, the color is beautiful and it’s a nice change for her. With better shoes and with the good length for the pants it woud have been a great look.
    Reese looks great, like Blake Lively this is a great color.

I keep Lala Rudge in mind for WDOTY!

7. Chris April 23, 2017 at 19:32 #

Reese looks impeccable, BDOTW-worthy. It’s simple and very much within her comfort zone, but absolutely gorgoeus.
    Claire looks very chic as well.
    Doutzen’s look is a head scratcher, especially at a gala.

8. Caroline April 23, 2017 at 18:32 #

I really have no idea what was gorgeous Doutzen thinking when she put that sack of potatoes on.
    Reese looks incredibly sexy and elegant.
    From the third round, I love Imaan, she’s beautiful. Jennifer looks ridiculous.
    I don’t like the last two.

9. Mimi April 23, 2017 at 18:18 #

Reese looks stunning, I’m loving Brandon maxwell!!

Jennifer Hudson looks ridiculous and Imaan looks cool!