Menu

Fan Bingbing attended the Givenchy Store Opening in China on Friday (April 21) before heading to the 8th China Film Directors’ Guild Awards the next day.

Givenchy Store Opening: The Givenchy Fall 2017 collection was done entirely in bright red, and Fan brilliantly showed off one of the pieces in this cross between a tuxedo jacket and a robe. She strikingly styled the loose, languid look with a lace camisole and gloves, hinting at boudoir elegance.

China Film Directors’ Guild Awards: Completing flipping the script on her next look, Fan served up a far different form of relaxed elegance. I love how she paired the intentionally unkempt quality of the oversized Monse Fall 2016 striped shirt with the structured tailoring of a prim pencil skirt. Opposites do really attract here. And, how happy are we to see this look styled without platform shoes.

Monse asymmetric stripe top

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Zoey Deutch In Rodarte - Marie Claire's Fresh Faces Party

Zoey Deutch In Rodarte – Marie Claire’s Fresh Faces Party

Janelle Monae In Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh - Marie Claire's Fresh Faces Party

Janelle Monae In Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh – Marie Claire’s Fresh Faces Party

7 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Givenchy & Monse – Givenchy Store Opening & 8th China Film Directors’ Guild Awards

1. VG April 24, 2017 at 04:34 #

The Givenchy look is pretty cool. Not many people will wear it exactly as it’s presented in the lookbook so I give her props for doing so. She makes it work and she looks great.
    The Monse is a miss for me…

2. Schoolbea April 24, 2017 at 00:55 #

I am so happy to see those shoes on her that I instantly loved whatever she was wearing in that second photo!

I am not a fan of those deconstructed designs by Monse, but she’s making it work. Maybe, as the above poster said, because the hair hides part of it, but also because pairing it with that pencil skirt was perfect. I love it.

3. Chris April 23, 2017 at 19:28 #

I love the Givenchy. I just don’t like the bag.

4. Caroline April 23, 2017 at 18:34 #

I’m actually not feeling these looks on her.

5. Ale April 23, 2017 at 17:34 #

She looks gorgeous in bright red.

6. JHH April 23, 2017 at 16:45 #

I hate the top in the second look as a stand alone item but the styling here, including the hair that hides part of the design, makes it look so much better — not great but better. Overall as styled the look is okay and looks like any other office outfit. Thank you Fan Bingbing for skipping the platforms. Love the Givenchy look maybe because the red is beautiful on her.

7. elle April 23, 2017 at 16:43 #

Absolutely love the Givenchy look (especially the jacket) even though the pants are a little long and I don’t like the bag. I would love to see stuff like that at award shows…
    The other look is decent too.