Menu

20.04.17 Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Emilio Pucci – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ LA Premiere

I was prepared to be blown away to a galaxy far far away when I saw Zoe Saldana at the LA premiere of ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ on Wednesday (April 19), but this is outstanding – even by her standards.

Sticking to a zesty orange hue, the actress continues to serve up something fresh and new.

Her Emilio Pucci gown is instantly recognisable due to the fringed elements which took to the runway for Massimo Giorgetti’s Fall 2017 show.

One can’t overlook how this futuristic piece is so in tune with the theme of the movie, or how perfectly this look was styled – once again – with matchy Irene Neuwirth jewelry and gold Choos.

She continues to be in a league of her own.

Credit: Getty

Shay Mitchell In Galvan - Freeform 2017 Upfront

Shay Mitchell In Galvan – Freeform 2017 Upfront

Lily Aldridge In Khaite - 2017 World Of Children Hero Awards

Lily Aldridge In Khaite – 2017 World Of Children Hero Awards

21 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Emilio Pucci – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ LA Premiere

1. Pheephee April 22, 2017 at 02:25 #

Interesting and unique. I adore the color. Its a bit shapeless yes, but Im so intrigued by it overall, esp with the hair and earrings, that I can bypass that. I like that it also seems to fit in with theme.

2. Jeremy April 21, 2017 at 06:54 #

Sublime. Love this!!

It’s PERFECT for the film she’s in. Totally futuristic and wild and electric like the colour palette of Guardians of the Galaxy.

She’s spectacular here. BDOTW with no question.

3. AnnieOh April 20, 2017 at 18:19 #

LOVE! The styling, the color, the event all perfect 🙂

4. Mimi April 20, 2017 at 16:18 #

I LOVE THIS!!! easily best dressed of the year so far for me

5. Nat39 April 20, 2017 at 13:41 #

Feels a bit costumey and heavy-handed, but a striking look nevertheless.

• Nat39 April 20, 2017 at 20:31 #

..although I do have a slight feeling that, while both the colour and the fringe are very much on trend, together they are a bit too loud, a bit too much of each. Perhaps, if there were a bit less fringe and/or it was done in ombre (a la Selena Gomez’s earrings with her orange metallic ODLR dress a few weeks back, which was a smart move instead of choosing flat complimentary orange ones), the effect would’ve been a bit more refined and dimensional, rather than so straight-forward fringe-y and orange-y. (I do still think it’s a great spectacular look for Zoe).

6. Fiona-Brasil April 20, 2017 at 13:28 #

This girl is exquisite!This look is beyond perfection!

• SilentVisitor April 20, 2017 at 14:43 #

• Caroline April 20, 2017 at 15:16 #

She’s everything. This is beyond amazing.

7. MissCoco April 20, 2017 at 12:38 #

Divine! WOW

8. Jones19 April 20, 2017 at 11:36 #

I just can’t get on board with how shapeless it is..

9. Chris April 20, 2017 at 10:59 #

WOW. What a striking look.

10. CreoleLady April 20, 2017 at 10:27 #

A bit shapeless from the front. J’adore the full length shot from the rear and the last pic showcasing the high pony. I suspect this is a dress best seen in motion. That color! The shimmer! Sold. Zoe Saldana, fashion ninja….

11. Schoolbea April 20, 2017 at 09:55 #

I think I’ll be in a minority today, but… I love it from the back, despise it from the front. That top line of fringes is killing me. It gives the dress a very strange silhouette.

Love the colour, the dazzle, the styling… but I can’t love the dress (and I’m trying!) 😉

• Leandra April 20, 2017 at 10:12 #

Out to the corner facing the wall and repeat 10 times : I’ll try harder !
      Im joking. I am in the minority with you. I love the backside, the sparcke, the rich color but the front is somehow.puzzling me. I must admit is very futuristic, very edgy , therefore totally appropriate for the event. I imagine it is even more stunning in motion.

• Leandra April 20, 2017 at 10:29 #

* sparkle

• Schoolbea April 20, 2017 at 16:09 #

Hahaha! Ok, miss! 😉

I thought about it being better in motion, too, both for the sparkle and for the fringes.

• from-chitown April 20, 2017 at 15:45 #

I will be in the minority with you. I am not feeling the dress. It is futuristic and edgy and kudos to her for doing something so different – but its not working for me!

• JHH April 20, 2017 at 16:20 #

12. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang April 20, 2017 at 09:52 #

This is beyond stunning, well done Zoe Saldana!! She has totally redeemed herself back to her 1st Star Trek movie promo fashion, totally blew me away with this futuristic fashion choice, love everything about this look, WOW!!

13. Iva April 20, 2017 at 09:29 #