Menu

Rita Ora In Marchesa – 2017 China Music Awards

Rita Ora made a dramatic entrance on the red carpet for the 2017 China Music Awards earlier today (April 20) in Macao, China.

This morning I was waxing lyrical about Elizabeth Debicki’s liquid gold gown, but this Marchesa Spring 2017 gown isn’t having the same effect.

The gold lame fabric immediately made me think of bacofoil and the metallic lace and gold fabric flower corsages took this down a very cheesy path, so much so that I kinda cringed when viewing this.

For such a big occasion I expected way more from Rita.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Elisabeth Moss In Alex Perry - 'The Handmaid's Tale' Washington Preview

Elisabeth Moss In Alex Perry – ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Washington Preview

Rosamund Pike In Bottega Veneta - 2017 IWC Schaffhausen 'For The Love Of Cinema' Gala

Rosamund Pike In Bottega Veneta – 2017 IWC Schaffhausen ‘For The Love Of Cinema’ Gala

13 Responses to Rita Ora In Marchesa – 2017 China Music Awards

1. gabis April 22, 2017 at 01:31 #

I thought it was JLo as well but it’s not, it’s Rita Ora and she ruined a very fashionable dress with that tacky hair and heavy makeup.

2. AnderBoBo April 21, 2017 at 20:32 #

If J. Lo and Beyonce had a baby and it acquired both of their recessive tacky genetics, this would be it.

• Pheephee April 22, 2017 at 02:21 #

• Sarah April 23, 2017 at 01:18 #

3. Dana April 21, 2017 at 16:44 #

It’s not my favorite Marchesa ever, but I don’t despise it. I’m not crazy about the eye makeup and I do wish she had worn her hair up so that you could see the bodice details. I don’t hate the fabric, but it is definitely not as beautiful as the dress from yesterday.

4. Caroline April 21, 2017 at 16:39 #

Love it on the model yet on Rita it looks dated.

5. Sham April 21, 2017 at 13:52 #

I thought this was J Lo at first, I think I would have preferred if her hair was up. I don’t know why but the look is kind of aging for her

6. Saudin April 21, 2017 at 13:05 #

Love it! Like a fairy

7. Chris April 21, 2017 at 12:49 #

This just makes me appreciate Elizabeth’s look even more. lol
    The fabric here looks cheap and dated and I hate she the sheer bit. Add the slit and it does feel very JLo. I’m not feeling hair and make-up either.

8. Grace April 21, 2017 at 10:15 #

I’m actually getting Mariah Carey vibes from this… and a bit of JLo, from reading the comment above. Not sure if those are good things.

9. Schoolbea April 21, 2017 at 09:19 #

There is very little I like here. I’m surprised golden dresses can have such different effects as Debicki’s and this.
    To me, the flower details are not that bad, just kind of dated, and it’s hard to appreciate them with that hair. And that red make up… I can’t make head or tail of it with this outfit.

10. Alfie April 21, 2017 at 07:21 #

My first though… “Ahh JLo in another glittery gown” when I saw the pic.

I had to do a double read to make sure my eyes were seeing “Rita Ora”… the hair, make up and dress are right up Jennifer’s alley as is the appearance at an award show she has no business at.

11. Mimi April 21, 2017 at 00:39 #

I think she looks like a goddess! And i love the makeup and hair.