Menu

Karen Gillan In Monse – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ LA Premiere

The LA premiere of ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ on Wednesday (April 19) was a very strong red carpet of amazing looks, but Karen Gillan was my favourite. Sorry Zoe Saldana.

Possessing innate femininity and finesse with plenty of bad girl bite, this Monse Fall 2017 look is a sassy way to work a rock chick look.

And with the look comes the attitude. You can’t sell this without attitude; of which Karen has in spades.

Some might object to the bumble bee striped ankle strap pumps, but they perfect the look for me.

Are you loving this look as much as I am?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Lily Aldridge In Khaite - 2017 World Of Children Hero Awards

Lily Aldridge In Khaite – 2017 World Of Children Hero Awards

Harper’s Bazaar 150th Anniversary Celebration

Harper’s Bazaar 150th Anniversary Celebration

19 Responses to Karen Gillan In Monse – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ LA Premiere

1. Pheephee April 22, 2017 at 02:36 #

hmmm. Im not as excited as others. It looks sloppy to me. I enjoy the color but thats it.

2. Angela Melanie Rego April 20, 2017 at 22:50 #

Love it!

3. AnnieOh April 20, 2017 at 18:16 #

I really like this! Not usually my style but she looks great.

4. Leandra April 20, 2017 at 16:40 #

I like the outfit itself but I think it needs a wearer with MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH more attitude to show its full rock glamour. Kind of Tilda or Erin O’Connor.I like the outfit itself but I think it needs a wearer with MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH more attitude to show its full rock glamour. Kind of Tilda or Erin O’Connor.

• Leandra April 20, 2017 at 16:51 #

Sorry for the doble posting.

5. Leandra April 20, 2017 at 16:40 #

6. JHH April 20, 2017 at 16:19 #

I am not a big fan of Monse and nothing here changes my mind — too much done just for the sake of doing it. But maybe it is because I am not a big fan of the dress over pants look.

7. Schoolbea April 20, 2017 at 16:00 #

I’m on the fence about those shoes, and I think I’m leaning towards the “no”…

Also, there’s something in the trousers that I don’t like… As it has been said, it doesn’t look sleek enough. But it must be her attitude that is selling this to me, because overall I really like it.

8. bruna April 20, 2017 at 15:20 #

I’m not a fan of the shoes, but I’m loving the drama this look is providing us! It’s so cool and bold.

9. Caroline April 20, 2017 at 15:14 #

Borderline ridiculous.

10. CreoleLady April 20, 2017 at 15:05 #

This shade of yellow with black may be the bees knees for some but not for me. Yellow and black striped pumps, ugh, no. Wish the whole look was a bit sleeker, esp the pants. Still Saldana for me but Gillan’s take-no-prisoners attitude is certainly persuasive.

• CreoleLady April 21, 2017 at 10:54 #

Came back to see if the yellow and black had grown on me. Mistake. Just realized the top is yellow velvet. Ew. Yellow velvet and black leather (or leather -ish). Just no.

11. Nat39 April 20, 2017 at 13:19 #

I’m a fan of Monse, and I absolutely LOVE this! This is so cool, modern, eye-catching…my fave look in the past few weeks – BDOTW worthy!

• Chris April 20, 2017 at 13:53 #

I agree that it’s the frontrunner for the BDOTW title so far for me.

• Nat39 April 20, 2017 at 19:06 #

..and I’m glad she didn’t pull back on the shoe front or tried to tone it down with some expected sleek black pant-shoe combo (which’s been done by Emma Watson to death, for ex). This is more unusual, bolder, edgy and fashion-forward, and I adore how her red hair works against yellow. I’m sold here.

12. Chris April 20, 2017 at 13:07 #

I absolutely love this!

13. Charlotte April 20, 2017 at 12:40 #

She makes it work but I think her hair doesn’t work really well with the look.
    And I wish we could have seen something a little bit different than from the runaway.

• James April 20, 2017 at 13:05 #

Is there anything out there that is deserving of your whole approval ? I mean, you always, absolutely always, have a complaint. Nothing seem to be good enough .
      Kind of disheartening sometimes.

14. Hermoine April 20, 2017 at 12:26 #