Menu

Kim Kardashian served up no surprises wearing Givenchy Couture to the Daily Front Row’s 3rd Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards on Sunday (April 2) in West Hollywood.

There is no denying how beautiful this white Givenchy gown is, but it’s all too predictable for Kim as this stage.

She’s worn similar Givenchy designs before and they are nearly always sheer, so at this point I would like to see something different -and less groundhog day- from her.

Riccardo Tisci left Givenchy back in February, so while we wait for the news about his successor, I will be intrigued to know if Kim will continue to wear Givenchy under the new creative direction of Clare Waight Keller, or will she do what Jennifer Connelly did with Nicolas Ghesquière, and follow Riccardo to his next appointment.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Hillary Scott In Proenza Schouler - 2017 ACM Awards

Hillary Scott In Proenza Schouler – 2017 ACM Awards

Faith Hill In Michael Kors - 2017 ACM Awards

Faith Hill In Michael Kors – 2017 ACM Awards

17 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Givenchy Couture – Daily Front Row’s 3rd Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards

1. Christine April 5, 2017 at 01:31 #

Same old boring sheer GIVENCHY look. I’ll pass

2. The original AB April 4, 2017 at 08:27 #

I am soooo over the sheer thing! I am over it no matter who wears it.

3. VG April 4, 2017 at 03:17 #

I’m happy to see pieces from that Givenchy collection, it’s one of my favorite collections from Givenchy/Riccardo.
    But Kim, as always, looks like she’s trying to hard. Nothing is effortless about her and I simply can’t get on board with her style despite what she’s actually wearing.
    I’m looking forward to seeing the new direction Givenchy takes…I can’t imagine the new designer embracing the Kardashians. I think they will follow Riccardo; he’s a personal friend of Kanye.

4. ana April 3, 2017 at 23:38 #

I dislike Kim but whenever I judge her clothes I cover her face and pretend it’s someone I like just to be a fair.

a) It looks like the dress is growing fungi
    b) the beads look like they’re pouring out of her underwear
    c) the dress itself is too top heavy, someone taller might have pulled it off
    d) SO bored of these kinds of dresses.

5. Saudin April 3, 2017 at 21:11 #

You all are not being objective. If this dress was on any other celebrity, you probably would have had a different opinion. But since it’s Kim wearing it, you all start being critical…..

6. Pheephee April 3, 2017 at 20:20 #

O my. She just cannot seem to get it right. I recently looked back at her fashion over the years and there was a (short) time when she wore clothes that suited her body type and looked rather classy for her.
    But boy o boy, that seems ancient.
    This is top-heavy, and frankly, ugly. The sheer just brings it down a thousand notches. Sometimes I just feel so sorry for her.

7. Nat39 April 3, 2017 at 17:27 #

She needs to give it a rest, she’s done this look to death and it’s obviously not working on her – it’s too top-heavy and restricting for her, the ‘look-at-my panties’ formula is confusing and tired, her wet hair looks tacky, and one simply needs more stature to carry off those pieces. Leave it, or just let Natalia Vodyanova handle the sheer Givenchy.

• A famous nobody April 3, 2017 at 17:40 #

“she needs to give it a rest..” That would require a small dosis of common sense, an unseen quality on her.

8. Caroline April 3, 2017 at 16:33 #

I actually love this despite its sheerness. Just because it’s Kim wearing it doesn’t take away the beauty of the dress.

9. SilentVisitor April 3, 2017 at 13:54 #

The sheer trends is tiring but she looks much better than usual; It is not extra-tight.
    So hope she continues on the not-so tight clothes and drops the sheer trend

10. Alina April 3, 2017 at 13:30 #

Oh, dear. The dress is beautiful and I would have loved to see it on Cate Blanchett (lined, of course). On Kim it’s just another sheer dress.

• JHH April 4, 2017 at 05:47 #

Cate Blanchett wore something from the same collection in June 2011 and it looked fantastic. You are so correct.

11. Hermoine April 3, 2017 at 13:16 #

Looks like a bridal gown that forgot the lining

12. SPell April 3, 2017 at 11:00 #

I just think she is too short to pull off this look.

13. Leandra April 3, 2017 at 10:59 #

“so while we wait for the news about his successor…” The wait is over. His sucessor is Clare Waight Keller, formerly of Chloe.
    KK looks ridiculous and thirsty, as always.

• Catherine Kallon April 3, 2017 at 11:03 #

thanks. I missed that announcement

• lulu April 3, 2017 at 14:11 #

she’s simply awful. and she makes clothes look awful