Menu

21.03.17

2017 Rose Ball Red Carpet Roundup

The 2017 Rose Ball in Monaco ushered in all-out glamour on Saturday (March 18) in support of the Princess Grace Foundation.

Charlotte Casiraghi
: Fashion royalty herself, Charlotte was stunningly outfitted in a vintage Chanel gown with embroidered sheer black overlay. Perhaps channeling her grandmother Grace Kelly’s classic style, she maintained the beauty of old Hollywood glamour in her glossy finger waves and matte red lip.

Princess Caroline of Hanover
: A striking confection if there ever was one, this Chanel creation was the epitome of elegance-meets-whimsicality. With its frill of exploded ruffles, brooch-clad collar neckline, and mixed bag of swirling prints, this was a look meant to thrill with its full-on fashion extravagance.

Beatrice Borromeo: With a lovely, embellished Alberta Ferretti navy gown, Beatrice’s look was the most subtle of the three. Even so, her necklace was an odd complement to the sheer neckline and the statement earrings. Extravagance is one thing, but these two jewelry pieces simply competed with each other and neither won.

Credit: Getty

Jessica Chastain In Prada - 'The Zookeeper's Wife' NYC Screening

Jessica Chastain In Prada – ‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ NYC Screening

Gabrielle Union-Wade In Naeem Khan - 'A Night On The RunWade' Fundraiser

Gabrielle Union-Wade In Naeem Khan – ‘A Night On The RunWade’ Fundraiser

8 Responses to 2017 Rose Ball Red Carpet Roundup

1. Hermoine March 24, 2017 at 13:58 #

How is the world would one eat in dress number 2??? I would spend all night fighting those ruffles! I like Princess Charlotte’s dress

2. Sanya March 22, 2017 at 21:46 #

I love Princess Caroline’s dress. For me BDOTY contender.

3. Ramsay March 22, 2017 at 19:46 #

I think this is the best dressed family in the world – the level of chic here is way above any of the other royal families (and I am a UK citizen so love and really proud of our royal family) – but have to recognize that no one (other than Anna Wintour) has access to Chanel Couture the way this family does)

4. TeaAtTwo March 22, 2017 at 17:18 #

Caroline looks slightly comical. Charlotte looks good.

5. Sharon March 22, 2017 at 00:57 #

I didn’t like Princess Caroline’s gown much until I saw the genuine happy smile on her face. When someone looks that happy in her gown, I have to like it too. Really, the only one I didn’t care for is Beatrice Borromeo’s. It is a perfect mother-of-the bride dress.

6. Sharon March 22, 2017 at 00:47 #

I’m not really fond of Princess Caroline’s gown, but the genuine happy smile on her face makes me think she loves it – and that makes me like it a little more.

7. Arwa March 22, 2017 at 00:07 #

FYI, the Chanel dress Charlotte is wearing, was worn by her mother in Bal de Rose in 2000.

8. Christine March 21, 2017 at 23:32 #