Menu

20.03.17

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was in Paris for a two-day stay over the weekend, arriving in the City of Light on Friday (March 17).

Look 1: This colourful tweed Chanel pleated dress was a chic way to make the rounds in Paris, with the bell sleeves and box pleats adding ladylike poise.

Look 2: Catherine opted to wear a longtime favoured designer of choice, Jenny Packham, for an embassy gala dinner. Although it may have appeared to be baby blue, the gown was actually a striking icy-silver hue. It featured a familiar silhouette, but the special flourish came in the dimensional floral embellishment for an enchanting finish.

Look 3: For a welcome reception at the British embassy on Friday, she wore a black Alexander McQueen textural dress in a fresh, ankle-grazing length with its modern elegance only heightened by her statement necklace.

Credit: Getty

America Ferrera In Stella Nolasco - The Human Rights Campaign Gala Dinner In LA

America Ferrera In Stella Nolasco – The Human Rights Campaign Gala Dinner In LA

Anya Taylor Joy In Miu Miu - Three Empire Awards

Anya Taylor Joy In Miu Miu – Three Empire Awards

9 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Chanel, Jenny Packman, and Alexander McQueen – In Paris

1. Caroline March 23, 2017 at 15:16 #

Love her Alexander McQueen look.

2. SilentVisitor March 21, 2017 at 16:53 #

I think she looks great in McQueen. The Jenny P. dress is awful. Except for the belt, couldn’t believe the coat dress was Chanel.

3. TeaAtTwo March 21, 2017 at 14:50 #

They all feel rather ‘meh’ inducing.

4. amy March 21, 2017 at 11:38 #

the Chanel look is chic

5. Christine March 20, 2017 at 22:26 #

I like her first look ankles up.

6. Chris March 20, 2017 at 18:15 #

I like the Chanel look ankles up. The McQueen look is simple but very chic, my favorite of the bunch.

7. from-chitown March 20, 2017 at 17:42 #

I love her Chanel and Mc Queen dresses – very elegant and chic. Not a fan of the Packham at all. It looks dowdy and shiny and dated.

8. Lee Ann March 20, 2017 at 17:21 #

I really want her to dazzle me but she never does. She makes Chanel look like LK Bennett. The shoes she is wearing with it are just ill judged. The silver dress looks like Monsoon and does not flatter her figure – she looks like a skinny boy. The black dress is too long and the shoes cut her legs the wrong way and the necklace is too day . It’s all just a mish mash . She might wear one nice piece but then gets the rest of the outfit wrong.

• Catherine March 22, 2017 at 14:57 #

Agree. The sleeves on the silver dress are such a weird length. To the elbow? Not cap, not full, not 3/4? It’s aging. And the necklace with the McQueen? ITS JUVENILE AND TOO DAY. I love the Chanel, even with the Tod’s pumps. I thought it was charming and gorgeous. There is always something off, though. I agree with that. I will never tire of the photos of her next to Michelle Obama. A grown, confident woman next to a little girl playing princess. And I’m a Kate fan!! It’s like they are playing house…..