Menu

13.03.17

Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards Red Carpet Roundup

More starlets were also in attendance for the 2017 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards on Saturday (March 11) in LA.

Maddie Ziegler: The ‘Dance Moms’ starlet perhaps paid homage to her dancing background with the mini pom-poms on her Kate Spade New York ‘Pom Sweater.’ Her on-trend wide-leg trousers and mahogany L.K. Bennett heels showed a mature command of style despite her 14 years of age.

Noah Cyrus: Taking after sister Miley Cyrus, Noah made a style statement in her Girl Power tee paired with a velvety MSGM skirt. That was all fine and dandy, but the fuchsia sandals were lost on me as the colour made no sense at all.

Miranda Cosgrove: Miranda’s heavy black Prada heels also commanded a bit too much attention in her ensemble that featured a brightly hued Marc Jacobs dress with an Asian-inspired floral motif.

Lizzy Greene: Prints and patterning were in overdrive with this Mary Katrantzou Resort 2017 pleated dress that riffed on scarves and ties although I could have done without the white heels.

Cree Cicchino: The Nickelodeon starlet went for both conservative and embellished in this Alice + Olivia frock paired with Nine West booties and Bearfruit Jewelry.

Dove Cameron: All-out girly was Dove’s M.O. in this feminine, flirty Monique Lhuillier Resort 2017 frock. I loved the punch of the black ribbon in her hair, and I would argue that a sandal in a bolder green or blue hue from the dress—or even black on this occasion—would have better tied the look together.

Chloe Lukasiak: Sometimes the short-and-skirt fusion works. But with this John Paul Ataker Spring/Summer 2017 two-piece outfit, it fell victim to too much fabric pooling at the floor.

Peyton List
: Something about this embroidered white corset and leather pencil skirt seemed a bit dated—and even ageing—for the young star. I partially blame the over-coiled locks.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Dolce & Gabbana -  Nickelodeon's 2017 Kids' Choice Awards

Zoe Saldana In Dolce & Gabbana – Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards

Best Dressed Of The Week - Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta

Best Dressed Of The Week – Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta

9 Responses to Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Robert October 4, 2017 at 22:14 #

Peyton looks amazing in that tight leather skirt. Perfectly accents her thin figure.

• Catherine Kallon October 4, 2017 at 22:15 #

I totally agree

2. Joseph John March 14, 2017 at 01:05 #

Lizzy dress was worn by Naomi Harris during the Graham Nortan Show earlier this year. . begs a who wore it better (with an obvious answer maybe?:)

3. Chris March 13, 2017 at 12:44 #

I really like Miranda’s and Lizzie’s dresses, if only the shoes were better…

4. Christine March 13, 2017 at 11:07 #

I don’t like anyone’s look here

• Caroline March 13, 2017 at 14:41 #

5. Claire March 13, 2017 at 09:19 #

Maddie Ziegler: I like the pieces individually but, to me, they just don’t work together. Chunky heels, chunky teal pants, pom-pom t-shirt and a silver clutch – there’s too much going on. Her hair looks really pretty, though!
    Noah Curys: I like her skirt and the message behind her t-shirt. As you said, the fuchsia heels just don’t work with this look.
    Miranda Cosgrove and Dove Cameron: I really like their dresses and hair styles! The shoes could use some improvement, though, especially Mirandas shoes.
    Chloe Lukasiak: I actually really like her look. The skirt would have looked better if it was shorter but IMO everything else works quite well together. The color looks great on her.

6. Claire March 13, 2017 at 08:57 #

Maddie Ziegler: I like the pieces individually but, to me, it feels like none of them work very well together. Chunky heels, chunky teal pants, pom-pom t-shirt and a silver clutch – there is too much going on. Her hair looks very pretty, though!
    Noah Curys: I really like her skirt and the message behind the t-shirt but as you said, the fuchsia sandals don’t work with this outfit.
    Miranda Cosgrove and Dove Cameron: I really like their dresses and hair styles! The shoes could use some improvement, though, especially Miranda’s shoes.
    Chloe Lukasiak: I actually really like her look. The skirt would look better if it was shorter but everything else works quite well together. The color looks great on her!

7. Nat39 March 13, 2017 at 05:33 #

I’d like to point out two more 14 y.olds (not featured) who did better than most – Skai Jackson and Madisyn Shipman. Maddie Ziegler here.