Menu

08.03.17 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Janelle Monae Awards Season Look?

Credit: Getty

Camilla Belle In Rebecca Minkoff - 13th Annual Desert Smash Benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Camilla Belle In Rebecca Minkoff – 13th Annual Desert Smash Benefitting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital

Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta - 'Kong: Skull Island' LA Premiere

Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Kong: Skull Island’ LA Premiere

10 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Janelle Monae Awards Season Look?

1. Dhppy March 24, 2017 at 22:56 #

Ashli Studios, Vaulthier, and Chanel (even with the silly collar and cuffs) were my top three.

2. CreoleLady March 10, 2017 at 01:15 #

A fab demonstration on how to make a limited color palette sing. Totally enjoyed it even when she lost me with the hair on occasion. Fave dress in motion is the Oscars Saab, in a still shot would be the GG Armani Prive, and “day” look is the Reem Acra (not shown).

3. moonbeam March 10, 2017 at 01:02 #

Janelle Monae was my favorite one to watch this award season. I hope she comes thru at the Met Gala!

4. Chris March 9, 2017 at 12:56 #

I really liked her Oscars look, but I think I’m going with Armani at the Globes.

5. Camilla March 9, 2017 at 09:26 #

While I liked the principle of her black and white looks, when stars make it a sartorial edict to remain within one style-lane I think it sets the style on the immediate road to stale. See: Rooney Mara monochrome, Jennifer Lawrence and the Dior manacles.

I think it’s cute when you see people have a preferred style that pops up regular – e.g. Diane Kruger, back in the day – http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/01/29/diane-krugers-obsession-black-bows/ – but I think the Critic’s Choice look was the last of a style of hers that I was into.

• Charlotte March 9, 2017 at 15:58 #

I think that she manages to have way more variety in her looks with just black and white than most of other celebrities with all the colors.

6. Juan March 9, 2017 at 04:14 #

I love the first five looks, they looked so polish and refined. I can´t decide which one is my fav.

7. Rashmi March 9, 2017 at 02:15 #

Elie Saab Couture at Oscars! She brought in all the drama that night and I am in love with her hairdo and makeup here.
    The second best will be NAACP Image Awards in Ashi Studio.

8. Caroline March 9, 2017 at 01:18 #

NAACP Image Awards in Ashi Studio.

9. Nat39 March 9, 2017 at 01:04 #

Carolina Herrera at Producers Guild Awards.

She received a lot of praise, but personally didn’t think her Oscars style was a success – why would she choose two bulky over-the-top black gowns to drown her petite frame in…