Menu

27.02.17

Scarlett Johansson In Azzedine Alaïa – 2017 Oscars

Scarlett Johansson attended the 2017 Oscars on Sunday night (February 26).

The actress wore a bold printed Azzedine Alaïa gown with Fred Leighton jewels.

I’m immediately drawn to this gown because it’s giving us a much-needed splash of both color and print to tonight’s festivities.

The print is a solid nod to spring, and I love the slightly casual styling choices with the belt and jewelry, although I know some may think it would be better suited to a different red carpet.

Scarlett’s fresh pink lips and cheeks, shimmering eyeshadow and of course her perfectly modern hair are all on point.

Credit: Getty

Naomie Harris In Calvin Klein By Appointment - 2017 Oscars

Naomie Harris In Calvin Klein By Appointment – 2017 Oscars

Priyanka Chopra In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2017 Oscars

Priyanka Chopra In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2017 Oscars

17 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Azzedine Alaïa – 2017 Oscars

1. Alina February 28, 2017 at 04:11 #

Her face is a work of art, but the rest is just a big no for me.

2. Sanya February 27, 2017 at 21:19 #

I don’t really like this outfit. The dress looks too big on her, and the colors are washing her out.

3. Pheephee February 27, 2017 at 18:38 #

I would be saying great things about this in another season and event.
    (except for her hair. This short hair does not suit her at all)

4. LittlePaperStars February 27, 2017 at 17:37 #

Pink and floral just doesn’t feel like her at all and I don’t like the ‘tough’ belt contrast. The whole thing look like it’s swamping her a little, the top makes her look much bigger than she is. She’s just so much better in a fitted silhouette, showing off her curves and something that’s a little edgy.

5. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 16:42 #

Beautiful woman but I don’t think this suits her, or the event at all.

6. Amanda February 27, 2017 at 14:16 #

This would be a good grammys look but here it feels rude to be so casual. I am also tired of her haircut.

7. Jenna February 27, 2017 at 12:57 #

Just a big NO from me! It doesn’t say Oscars like many of you said!

The fit of the top is bad, the belt is even worse and when will she grow her hair out?

8. Jones19 February 27, 2017 at 09:19 #

I love this gown but it belongs on a red carpet for a summer movie premiere..it’s too casual for the Oscars.

9. CS February 27, 2017 at 07:40 #

The color palette is really lovely, she looks like (all of her) a watercolor painting from afar… but that how you plate angel hair pasta for serving, not how you style your hair.

10. Alison February 27, 2017 at 04:15 #

This is basically a maxi dress that she slapped a 90’s cheap-looking studded belt on. It’s really kind of sad.

11. JHH February 27, 2017 at 04:01 #

I agree that this looks like a maxi dress and not a gown. And it is not very flattering.

12. Bec D February 27, 2017 at 03:10 #

To me, this more of a maxi-dress rather than a gown….not a fan

13. Christine February 27, 2017 at 03:04 #

Not buying this look on her. Very girly and the top half is not a good look

14. Nat39 February 27, 2017 at 02:57 #

Yep, doesn’t feel quite grand, season-appropriate or formal enough for the Oscars.

15. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2017 at 02:53 #

This has a kind of punk Marilyn Monroe feel to it that I think is great. I love that she wore a print. I love the big skirt. I don’t think this bodice design (kind of similar to Charlize’s) is great, though. It just makes these ladies look a lot wider than they are. But other than that, I’m a fan.

16. Chris February 27, 2017 at 02:52 #

Nice hair and make-up, nice colors, but I don’t really like the design of the gown too much.

• Fanny February 27, 2017 at 03:16 #