Menu

Nina Dobrev In Christian Dior – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Nina Dobrev attended the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 26).

With so much of the evening being about a return to the height of classic glamour, this Christian Dior Spring 2017 sheer tulle dress was a provocative wild child.

I would say that turning this lingerie-inspired look, featuring the signature Dior straps, from black to white made it more exposed to execution issues.

Namely, the corsetry of the bodice possessed a strangely constricted, flattening effect.

Additional edginess came by way of the choker necklace, Tamara Mellon shoes and her shorter, cropped bob.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Diane Kruger In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ruth Negga In Oscar de la Renta - 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ruth Negga In Oscar de la Renta – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

11 Responses to Nina Dobrev In Christian Dior – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Christine February 28, 2017 at 10:56 #

Tired of this seeing this dress on the red carpet tbh. Getting played out! Also, the bodice is not a good look on her.

2. Jo February 28, 2017 at 03:24 #

It looks decent on the model but Nina’s styling and the change of colour turned it into something really bad.

3. Bec D February 28, 2017 at 01:33 #

I feel like I’ve seen this dress a dozen times already on celebs and ‘insta-famous’ models….yawn.

4. Ana February 27, 2017 at 21:31 #

First of all YAY for her cutting her hair! Her hair was oh-so-boring because it was the same length & colour for years. I hate those Dior dresses, the bust is so ridiculously unflattering on her and the two others I’ve seen wear it

5. Sina February 27, 2017 at 20:37 #

While she definitely has the body to pull this dress off, I feel the customizations are what makes it look somewhat boring. The tiered skirt of the runway version was playfully seductive with flashes of transparency while also fashionably modest. I am fairly certain that it would have worked in this colour, as well. The hair and make up suit her. I’m not stunned speechless but her make-up stylist did know how to show what a beautiful young woman she is. Thanks for that. 🙂

6. JHH February 27, 2017 at 17:58 #

I have not liked this look since the first time I say it on one of the Hadid sisters and I continue to dislike it. It’s just not a good look on anyone.

7. Amanda February 27, 2017 at 17:02 #

Oh how I wish people would stop wearing Dior.

8. CTgirl February 27, 2017 at 16:56 #

She always manages to look cheap. Like she accessorized at Hot Topix.

9. LittlePaperStars February 27, 2017 at 16:27 #

Boring, been done so many time before by others and better.

10. Chris February 27, 2017 at 15:52 #

It’s a step away from what she usually wears, but it’s also pretty bad, sadly. I like the idea of Nina in Dior, just not this particular Dior gown.

11. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 15:44 #

LOVE this from head to toe, yes it’s another sheer dress but a pretty one and love the styling, hair and make up here too.