Menu

27.02.17

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2017 Oscars

Michelle Williams joined the star-studded list at the 2017 Oscars on Sunday (February 26) in Hollywood, California.

I had high hopes for the actress who we knew would be dressed in a Louis Vuitton design. And, she was.

But something about this tied halter gown just fell a bit flat—and a bit long in the skirt that puddled on the ground.

Her platinum pixie cut and mauve-rose makeup was a pretty way to finish the look, even if it didn’t remedy its lacklustre nature.

Credit: Getty

Chrissy Teigen In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2017 Oscars

Chrissy Teigen In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2017 Oscars

Ava DuVernay In Ashi Studio Couture - 2017 Oscars

Ava DuVernay In Ashi Studio Couture – 2017 Oscars

16 Responses to Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2017 Oscars

1. LittlePaperStars February 27, 2017 at 18:16 #

Blah. It’s been a long time since I’ve loved anything she’s worn, she’s really gone off the boil and it’s not all the fault of her LV contract, I don’t believe that. A red lip or a smokey eye might have lifted this a little and might have stopped it being so flat. She’s just become such a non-entity on the red carpet, and I don’t know, did it all start when she lost Heath? I just get the feeling she wants to do anything and everything to blend into the background these days.

2. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 16:55 #

I don’t like this. It’s not terrible, just not good like almost everything she wears.

3. Alina February 27, 2017 at 05:09 #

No. WHERE is the Vera Wang wearing Michelle Williams?

4. dolan February 27, 2017 at 03:08 #

Michelle Williams used to be a fashionista and do we remember her historical Mustard Vera Wang?!

What is up with her now? The answer is that when a celeb gets trapped by a brand contract is just awful to her image. I understand all those cash she earn from LV. but her style is just simply terrible now.

Let’s be honest, if you put her GG dress on some other actress no one would even care.

Simply put, she needs to break her contract with LV if she ever cares to look better.

P.S. I love nicholas G, but he is not a red carpet designer. Let him do whats he good at instead putting terrible gowns together.

• Jenna February 27, 2017 at 13:27 #

Agree agree agree!!!!! Mustard Vera Wang was love!

I think she is just not interested, at least that is what it looks like!

Pretty hair and make up though!

5. Juan February 27, 2017 at 01:56 #

It looks like two different dresses. LV and her could do such great thing, but this is not one.

6. Pheephee February 27, 2017 at 01:54 #

It seems totally her style. Not a memorable dress but nice enough.

7. Christine February 27, 2017 at 01:39 #

So boring

8. Meg February 27, 2017 at 01:34 #

Boring. This is the line between simple and boring. Did Kate Young and LV co. run out of ideas?

9. Chris February 27, 2017 at 01:28 #

No. I didn’t expect something great, but this is even more underwhelming than I feared it might be.

10. Fanny February 27, 2017 at 01:25 #

The dress is somewhat similar to Emma Robert’s, and out of the two I definitely prefer Emma’s dress (and styling).

11. bruna February 27, 2017 at 01:23 #

I have a feeling it’s kind of new from her (in a good way)

12. Nat39 February 27, 2017 at 01:23 #

So meh..

13. Alison February 27, 2017 at 01:20 #

It looks like a re-run of Emma Roberts’ dress. But plainer and uglier.

• EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2017 at 01:42 #

Yes, this is really not doing it for me. It’s dull, it’s not lighting her up…and the hair and makeup fade into the background too.

14. AnderBoBo February 27, 2017 at 01:18 #

Adore her so it pains me to say that this is just so uninspired. Her partnership with LV has really stifled her mojo.