Menu

Ginnifer Goodwin In Zuhair Murad – 2017 Oscars

Ginnifer Goodwin made an appearance at the 2017 Oscars on Sunday (February 26) in Hollywood, California.

There were a few stars who went red for the night, and Ginnifer was among them in her Zuhair Murad Pre-Fall 2017 all-over lace gown that was an eye-catching pairing with her jet-black pixie cut.

We’ve seen so much sheer leg lately that it was refreshing to see a lined number—and a lining that was executed in such a way that it didn’t take away too much from the dress.

The look was styled with Sophia Webster jewels.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Ava DuVernay In Ashi Studio Couture - 2017 Oscars

Ava DuVernay In Ashi Studio Couture – 2017 Oscars

Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta - 2017 Oscars

Brie Larson In Oscar de la Renta – 2017 Oscars

11 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Zuhair Murad – 2017 Oscars

1. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 16:54 #

No, no, no, no. Years ago no one would think this dress was Oscars appropiate. Shame.

2. Melissa February 27, 2017 at 14:38 #

Sucks for Ruth Negga who should have shined as the Valentino girl. This is way too similar.

3. Jenna February 27, 2017 at 13:25 #

I don’t know which is worse? The fact we have seen too many sheer, red dresses or the fact they can not for the love of God look anything but tacky and cheap?!

And the clutch just kills me, there is a rare occasion where you can mix two shades of red,this wan’t!

I do have to say this is better and less tacky than Ruth!

4. Alina February 27, 2017 at 05:12 #

I agree with the others – this is a little bit of a deja-vu. Again, I think a softer haircut would be something she should consider.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2017 at 01:45 #

Again, it’s that slightly harsh/flat red, but Ginnifer (like Ruth) is pulling off the color, even if I wish it was a shade more jewel-toned. I love how she lined it. I’m not sure if it’s a bit constricting, but her mod haircut does help. Makeup and styling on point.

6. Christine February 27, 2017 at 01:41 #

Deja vu and a bit on the tight side

• Alison February 27, 2017 at 01:48 #

This.

7. Meg February 27, 2017 at 01:38 #

THIS is why Ruth Negga should not have worn the red lace Valentino- it’s been done a million times and now it is done by a high B-List tacky designer (no one A-List besides Rob Zangardi’s clients wear Zuhair Murad, not even Taylor Swift anymore) and worn by a classy B-List actress.

Harsh but true.

8. Susan February 27, 2017 at 01:27 #

Love that color and the large skirt but why does Ginnifer look so dour? It takes away from the bright drama of the dress when she’s scowling in every picture

9. Chris February 27, 2017 at 01:25 #

Beautiful.

10. quimby February 27, 2017 at 01:24 #

I approve of this more than I should because I’m so grateful for the lining and the glorious color.