Menu

Gabrielle Union In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

This is going to some as a shock to some of you, but Gabrielle Union was one of my favourites at the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 26).

First off, her skin is outstanding – standing O for that alone.

Secondly, while there’s not a whole lot of this dual-coloured Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2017 piece, she’s rock the hell out of it -hard.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jennifer Aniston In Atelier Versace - 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Jennifer Aniston In Atelier Versace – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture - 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

26 Responses to Gabrielle Union In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. amy March 1, 2017 at 10:47 #

Gabrielle is a gorgeous lady but nobody can save that terrible design

2. Juniper March 1, 2017 at 08:25 #

‘Why not?’ Because it is an incredibly tacky crappy dress with no good points at all! God this is just a disaster. Lol I actually feel emotions about how much I hate this dress!

3. VirginiafromAmsterdam February 28, 2017 at 17:51 #

Come on! Confidence? Good for you, but this is inappropriate. Way too much skin.

4. Christine February 28, 2017 at 14:25 #

Her body is banging but this dress is fugly and so tacky. You can show off your body and I have no problem with that, but this dress is not it

5. Jo February 28, 2017 at 03:00 #

I’m sorry but this is trashy, especially considering the occasion

6. Camille February 28, 2017 at 00:38 #

I am going to be the odd one out here, but I think she is killing it! First, she wore this to a party, not the Oscar’s ceremony itself. This party is full of beautiful, dazzling people and Ms. Gabrielle stands out. This dress is daring, and sexy but she is carrying it off with fierce confidence. You go Gabrielle!!

7. Ericka February 27, 2017 at 23:10 #

She is so gorgeous. But that dress is a no for me. I admire the fierceness though.

8. mm February 27, 2017 at 22:33 #

She killed it!

9. Matt February 27, 2017 at 22:16 #

I’m going to have to side with FC on this one. A Gaultier woman is fearless, especially when it’s eccentric couture (ex: Rihanna at the Grammy’s in the JPG bridal gown). I personally love the confidence she is exuding and the overall look.

10. Sanya February 27, 2017 at 21:25 #

Tacky and event inappropriate. Worst dressed of the year contender.

11. Nat39 February 27, 2017 at 20:53 #

Trying way too hard, I don’t see anything graceful in the way she wears it. The gown is obviously ridiculously half body-exposing and it doesn’t even flatter her figure to begin with.

12. Iva February 27, 2017 at 20:45 #

WDOTY contender for me.
    Yes – she’s pretty and has a smokin’ hot body but this way too much.

13. Sina February 27, 2017 at 20:44 #

This dress reminds me of an episode of “I dream of Jeannie” where Jeannie tells a lady that her sister was banned from a beach for wearing only half a bikini and when asked which half, Jeannie replied “The left one”. The colours are wonderful against her skin and I do like an edgy dress but this is not it.

14. Jui February 27, 2017 at 20:26 #

aye! aye!

15. Lancel February 27, 2017 at 19:58 #

she definitely has an incredible body and she is very pretty but this dress isn’t appropriate for this event. It would be perfect for a magazine photoshoot or a campaign or a music show but not for the Oscars. She is almost naked and I don’t find that neither classy nor graceful.

16. Aminet February 27, 2017 at 19:55 #

The dress is hideous. She looks tacky. The shoes are ugly. WDOTY contender.

However, her hair/makeup/jewels are fabulous- too bad they can’t save this look.

17. JHH February 27, 2017 at 19:52 #

Of course, her body looks amazing as does her hair and makeup but this dress is awful and ugly. It looks like she got stuck halfway to putting on a black robe over a very hot bikini.

18. Pheephee February 27, 2017 at 19:45 #

Ya, she has gorgeous body but this dress gives off a desperate vibe.
    Half bikini? belongs to a music event. Where it would be more appropriate….I still probably complain that its an ugly dress though.

19. The original AB February 27, 2017 at 19:37 #

I don’t like the dress to start with, I think it’s tacky. It is also not event appropriate, this is something that you wear to the Grammys.

20. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2017 at 19:30 #

Beautiful woman with an amazing body but this is one horrible jekyll and Hyde dress. I usually love her style but this is so tacky.

21. Jess February 27, 2017 at 19:30 #

This is beyond ridiculous, it looks like a bikini peeking out. It’s odd for the sake of it and has no design merit.

22. Sharon February 27, 2017 at 19:13 #

“And lastly, if you have the body and confidence to carry off something like this in such a graceful manner, then why not?”

If I could, I sure would!

• Catherine Kallon February 27, 2017 at 19:19 #

Amen

• Caroline February 27, 2017 at 19:23 #

Yessss +1
      Love that someone other than a supermodel is wearing this, especially “this” being JPG, hardest designer to pull off.

23. Charlotte February 27, 2017 at 19:05 #

WDOTY.
    I thinks she looks ridiculous and yet I love JPG and Gabrielle Union is beautiful, but it’s not enough to get away with this look.

• Chris February 27, 2017 at 19:25 #

yeah, I’m afraid I kind of agree. I might not add it to my wdoty-list, but it is pretty bad.