Menu

27.02.17

Emma Stone In Givenchy Couture – 2017 Oscars

Emma Stone attended the 2017 Oscars on Sunday night (February 26).

The nominee wore a Givenchy Couture gown with intricate gold beaded and ombré fringe with gold and diamond jewels.

The classic silhouette and gilded color are perfectly suited to Emma’s porcelain skin tone and the detailing on this dress really is breathtaking.

Her classic Hollywood waves and copper eye makeup are striking and perfectly suited to the night.

Credit: Getty

Dakota Johnson In Gucci – 2017 Oscars

Dakota Johnson In Gucci – 2017 Oscars

Meryl Streep In Elie Saab Couture - 2017 Oscars

Meryl Streep In Elie Saab Couture – 2017 Oscars

28 Responses to Emma Stone In Givenchy Couture – 2017 Oscars

1. Jerusa Herrera October 12, 2017 at 22:25 #

HEAD TO TOE PERFECT! Not even a single hair out of place, that’s how you win an Oscar.

2. Sanya February 27, 2017 at 21:03 #

This is how an Oscar winner should look like. This is a classical, never to get out of the fashion, look and for me the best dressed of the evening.

3. LittlePaperStars February 27, 2017 at 18:01 #

Perfect. I think people forget it’s a picture that is going to follow her round for the rest of her life. I totally get the classic Hollywood waves, the make up and the classic gown, it may be a little safe and the colour may be underwhelming for some, but when you look back on pictures from this night, 20 or 30 years from now, that dress, her whole look won’t look dated at all, it’s timesless. So she broke no boundaries, who cares? She looked confident and comfortable the whole evening and on the biggest, most career changing night of your life, isn’t that exactly what an Oscar winning look should be?

• Lancel February 28, 2017 at 00:12 #

4. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 16:51 #

How is this special? She looks beautiful and so is the dress but I don’t think this is groundbreaking or even memorable.

5. from-chitown February 27, 2017 at 15:14 #

I am a bit underwhelmed. I feel like we have seen this on her before. This was going to be her moment – I was expecting a much more bolder look from her. She still looks great and everything – but she had the opportunity to blow everyone away.

6. Amanda February 27, 2017 at 14:21 #

I only like this because of the classic style and in comparison to the extremely boring looks from everyone else.

7. Jenna February 27, 2017 at 13:15 #

Such a porcelain doll and because of it she needs to start choosing Oscars gown with more color.

Dress is great, but hair and make up are picking up its work!

I call it a miss cause she can do way better!

8. amy February 27, 2017 at 10:40 #

I like it, but it looks so much better in motion. that being said, it’s not very memorable

9. Slash February 27, 2017 at 09:09 #

OK, this opinion won’t be popular, but somehow I feel she fell short here. She looks great, and the dress is kinda pretty, but I really expected a wow effect which lacked here really. The dress is resonating too much with everything that Tisci overdid at Givenchy and I feel like I have already seen this a thousand times although I’m aware that this is a unique creation. She’s beautiful and everything looks nice, just not nice enough, I guess.

10. Carolina February 27, 2017 at 09:01 #

Not too excited about this look. It looked better in motion. Overall very disappointing and kinda bland in my opinion. Definitely didn’t feel like an Oscar winning dress. Hair and make up were on point though.

11. Alina February 27, 2017 at 08:28 #

Breathtaking. What a beauty!

12. Aminet February 27, 2017 at 06:59 #

AMAZING! So chic. xx

13. Della February 27, 2017 at 06:36 #

Absolutely amazing. Stunning. The gown suits her to a tee and this dress will forever be remembered as the dress Emma Stone won her Oscar in. It is very much a retro-inspired, but modern gown that reminds me of Emma herself. She looks every inch a movie star and one that just won an Oscar. Love love love. Best dressed of the night.

14. annel February 27, 2017 at 05:59 #

Quite underwhelming. Beautiful handwork on the dress but the colour washes her out.

15. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 27, 2017 at 03:51 #

Emma Stone just came in and SLAYED my life in that beaded Givenchy number with a flapper-esque fringe hem. The side swept Veronica Lake paired with bold red lip, every thing screams old Hollywood glamour at her best!! Sort of the 1920’s retro bombshell vibe, O’m buying it!! This is head to toe PERFECTION, and what a way to end her award season looks with a spectacular bang, well done Emma!! SLAY QUEEN SLAY!!

16. Puneet February 27, 2017 at 03:43 #

i was hoping emma would blow me away, but this is underwhelming and something a supporting actress nominee would wear. oh emma 🙁

17. Pheephee February 27, 2017 at 03:20 #

Meh. Im not nearly as excited by this dress as others. I feel like we have seen this flappy kind of dress alot on her (too much) and I find it just kinda same-y.
    Also the color just flattens it even more for me.

Now!! Her shiny shiny hair is divine! Actually her whole head looks like perfection.

• Alison February 27, 2017 at 04:19 #

Agreed. From the neck up, she looks divine. Neck down, it’s just meh. The color is more of an old dark beige than champagne or gold and makes it look like a yellowed dolly. The flapper feel is nice when she moves but she’s done that particular style before…and better.

18. AnnieOh February 27, 2017 at 03:11 #

I had wished that she would wear a bright color – but I can’t be upset with this lovely, radiant number! She is glowing and those earrings are to die for!!!!

19. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2017 at 02:33 #

This is stunning. The champagne color is perfect for the celebration I expect to be forthcoming. She looks radiant. Hair, makeup, earrings…it’s all lovely and classic. Very Old-school glam.

20. Amanda February 27, 2017 at 02:23 #

When I first laid eyes on it I wasn’t sure I liked it – but it is really growing on me and I think it looks gorgeous on her.

21. Juan February 27, 2017 at 02:22 #

This is amazing, just the classic look that I expected she would wear to the Oscars. Amazing. Best dressed of the night.

22. Christine February 27, 2017 at 02:20 #

It looks better in motion. Love the way the dress moves, but this is so underwhelming.

23. Fanny February 27, 2017 at 02:13 #

I so wish that this dress was blue, green or some other bright color. She does look beautiful though. And those are the best earrings of the night!

24. Nat39 February 27, 2017 at 02:09 #

Gorgeous, stunning, perfection, w/o going over the top. Impeccable fit and styling.

25. Alexandra February 27, 2017 at 02:08 #

Perfection. Best dressed! Obsessed with this dress, particularly when it’s in motion.

26. Chris February 27, 2017 at 02:06 #

Drop dead gorgeous. The skirt looked amazing in motion. Another of the best dressed.